Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to implement Search Engine Optimisation - SEO - in Joomla

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by Vallhalen
Hi all this is my first post in here and I'm totally fresh in kunena but this is great com for my needs. But i have a problem with seo...

All modules and components are working correctly but forum isn't. My config is:

# Search Engine Friendly URLs: Yes
# Use Apache mod_rewrite: Yes
# Add suffix to URLs: No

This is adress to my test site testowo.selmax.pl/skarszewiak/

"forum" button is working normally but categories are crashed :/ for ex. testowo.selmax.pl/skarszewiak/forum/2-kawiarenka

i dont know why... who can help me? (this is really important becouse this site is almost done but without forum it can't be done :/

PS: sorry if my english seems to be funny :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Vallhalen and welcome to Kunena.

Vallhalen wrote: I have a problem with SEO.

My config is:

# Search Engine Friendly URLs: Yes
# Use Apache mod_rewrite: Yes
# Add suffix to URLs: No

That's half of the configuration. What about the other half - the .htaccess file?

See Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in the Wiki

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by Vallhalen
I am not the administrator of this server but the admin says "htacess is ok" (.htacess). All links at site with seo are working correcty. But forum no :( What I should do?

Greets thank you for help.

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
Without knowing anything else about your website, I would say that your .htaccess file is missing or it is the wrong kind. Now, it's your job to find out everything that you can about your .htaccess file. That's not really our job.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #5 by Vallhalen
hmm htacess is totally ok, with corretct content then i dont know what can be bad :/ maybe polish translation?
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Vallhalen.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
I don't read .htaccess files. I don't "speak" the language of .htaccess.

My question to you was simple. Are you using the standard .htaccess file that is shipped with Joomla? In other words, there is a file that is installed in your root folder when you install Joomla; this file is called htaccess.txt. Did you take the file htaccess.txt and rename it to .htaccess and not make any changes to it? That's all I want to know.

As I wrote before, it's your job to find out about .htaccess files; that's not our job. Our job is to help you to use Kunena. Depends on whether you are using standard Joomla or not.

My suggestion: start again and copy a brand-new htaccess.txt file from the latest J! 1.5.22 kit and put it on your website. Then rename your current .htaccess file to htaccess.bak and rename your "new" htaccess.txt to .htaccess and see if this fixes your problems.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled
Wait a moment!

If you had said that you were getting the error,

The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

We could have solved this problem ages ago. :side:

Yes, there is an issue making sure that your Joomla SEO is correctly set up (and a lot of people don't know how to do that). Your problem, on the other hand, is answered by looking at "The page isn't redirecting properly"

When you ask for help in any help forum, it helps to tell people what is the error message you are getting. It also helps if you try searching the forum for that error message.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by 56francesco
I have serious difficulties to set the correct url with FireBoard 1.6.4
add image because I speak little English.
In this site kunena.org with joomla 1.5 page addresses are correct, again, however with joomla 1.6 is not so.
Always check out component / namecomponent and I will not go outside on a forum that I address this plea.

Please, before you ask me I tell you that I have a server with htaccess works perfectly and even joomla works perfectly, the problem is in Kunen as you can see from the pictures when at one point (Fig. 4) also jumps language translation .

Can you help, or also move it in off topic, thanks to those who want help in a serious way.
Attachments:

More
12 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled

More
12 years 7 months ago #10 by lepermessiah
Replied by lepermessiah on topic SEF urls etc
HI,

I've taken over one website with Kunena forum installed. I know it had big problems with every upgrade, so I'm here to ask. Actual version is 1.6.0 and I'm thinking about v.1.7. Should I expect some problems?
Site is using JomSocial for messaging, profiles, JoomSEF for SEF links. So here is my second question: How can I achieve, that my links will look like /customname/category/subcategory/thread ? Is it possible, that links generated in RSS will point exactly to the last post of thread? because now, if I click on link I'm redirected to 1st post :/

thank you very much for help

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds