Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to move, copy or merge my old Kunena forums from one site to another

More
10 years 6 months ago #111 by xillibit
Hello,

You don't need to care about which tables are here or not here, Kunena 3.0.x is able to handle itself the migration from any previous version of Kunena.

You can follow that : www.kunena.org/docs/K_3.0_Upgrade_Guide

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112 by sozzled
I have lost count of the number of topics that I've seen over the years from people who basically ask ...
[hr]
I want to take my K x.x forum on Joomla a.a and use K y.y on Joomla z.z
[hr]Perhaps I should create a topic with exactly those words as the subject? :laugh:

It does not really matter if we are discussing K 1.0.8 on J! 1.5.6 or or K 1.7.0 on J! 1.6.2 or K 2.0.2 on J! 2.5.2, the approach is basically the same. You can do this yourself (if you have the time and the patience and you're prepared to deal with all the issues or pay someone else [a lot of] money to do this work for you) or accept that, perhaps, the challenge is too great and not worth the investment of your time (or money).

Here is a selection of a few topics that contain all the information that you (and anyone else who is in your situation) need to address your question:

fidox wrote:

Has anyone got a solution from this?

I think you will see that a lot of people have found solutions to their forum migration/copying/moving/upgrading questions. I've done the searching for you - and I know there is even more information on this forum that will help - so the task really is up to you.

fidox wrote:

Because I can't install K 1.7 on my new site and then upgrade (That version doesn't support J! 2.5, right?)

Not entirely true, no. But you can upgrade from K 1.7.2 to K 2.0.4 (on J! 1.5.whatever) and then go from there. ;)
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113 by cebula0
I'm wondering how to migrate my old forum post which are based on old J1.5 and kunena 2.X, to new J3.0 with kunena 3.X...
The problem is with database, the old one is using jos_kunena_... database name meanwhile the new one is using cgybc_kunena_...

So how to import this database to the new one?

More
10 years 5 months ago #114 by sozzled

More
10 years 5 months ago #115 by miamiman
Replied by miamiman on topic Kunena to Kunena?
Sorry to pick up on this late...

HOWEVER... on some posts, after moving the old Kunena (1.7.2) tables, users, core-tables and files, to the new Kunena (3.0.3), some posts mention that you need to re-install Kunena on the new site?

Would someone please clarify if you need to re-install or rerun the installation again?

Thanks to all.

More
10 years 5 months ago #116 by sozzled
miamiman: The answer is >>> here <<<

We have a lot of topics on this forum that relate to the hundreds of different scenarios in the whole "how do I copy from my forum that uses K mk0 .xk0 .yk0 on J! mj0 .xj0 .yj0 website to another website where I want to use J! mj1 .xj1 .yj1 with K mk1 .xk1 .yk1 ...?"

We could have hundreds of different discussions covering each person's individual needs and who would this benefit? These discussions would probably benefit no-one except the person who asked the question.

That's why we try to reply to these questions in a general way.

In view of the fact that we have many discussions on the general question "how do I copy a [particular version of] Kunena from one site to another site", where different versions of Joomla may be involved, where different versions of Kunena may exist on the two different sites, I think we should close this discussion and let people read the general answer given here .

Short answer to your question: what is preventing you re-installing Kunena?

More
10 years 5 months ago #117 by singhai2688
Hello,

We are using joomla 1.5, time for migrating whole system as well as kunena, so how to migrate the kunena from joomla 1.5 to joomla 2.5.

Please provide me the step by step solution, do not post any migrator component like JUpgrate etc.Because we are already use this type of boooring component, this components are only used for joomla basic system like articles and users , but not for kunena. So Let me provide me the solution as soon as earlier.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu

More
10 years 5 months ago #118 by Shimei
I used Jupgrade (from 1.5 to 2.5), and it worked without a problem, although I had to reinstall Kunena after the migration but all the posts were present.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #119 by sozzled
G'day, singhai2688, and welcome to Kunena.

We have a lot of topics on this forum that relate to the hundreds of different scenarios on the general question of "how do I copy from my forum that uses K mk0 .xk0 .yk0 on J! mj0 .xj0 .yj0 website to another website where I want to use J! mj1 .xj1 .yj1 with K mk1 .xk1 .yk1 ...?"

Most of these topics are collected in our Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category. People should browse this category to find a topic that suits their particular requirements.

We could have hundreds of different topics covering each person's individual needs but these separate topics would probably benefit no-one except for the person who starts each one.

People should remember that there is no company behind Kunena; everyone who contributes to Kunena is a hobbyist, enthusiast or professional web developer who gives their time freely to this project - volunteers every one of us. The forum is a self-help community-driven resource for users to help one another.;this does not mean that we will provide people with a step-by-step detailed procedure that will cater to their every need and answer every possible question they may have. Our job, in moderating the forum, is to point people in the right direction where they can find the answers. That's why we generally to reply to general questions (like this one) in a general way.

Because we have so many discussions on the general question "how do I copy a [particular version of] Kunena from one site to another site", where different versions of Joomla may be involved, where different versions of Kunena may exist on the two different sites, I think we should close this discussion and let people read the general answer given here . I hope this general answer. helps in your particular case.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 5 months ago #120 by Mueller
Hi there!

maybe this is a tricky one:

In have running two Kunena boards (Version 1.7.1) on two Joomla (1.5.25) installations. Because both boards have fairly common target groups, I would like to melt both boards together. That is, I would like to import the users and topics from one Kunena board to another. Is this possible? At least to import the users from one board to another?

It would be fantastic if someone could give me a hint! :)

Regards

Mueller

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds