Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Problem with New Post Indicator

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #21 by sozzled
I notice from another post that you wrote, Download: Profilebox to left side for Kunena 1.5.9 , that you encountered an error when you attempted to install a user-written hack for Kunena. The error you encountered was:

It was not possible to copy the selected file.
JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file: /var/www/vhosts/damsels.org/httpdocs/tmp/install_4ba0b7ba2c80b/site/class.kunena.php to /var/www/vhosts/damsels.org/httpdocs/components/com_kunena/class.kunena.php

Did you isolate the reason why you could not copy the selected file? Perhaps, for this reason, you have an incomplete or a corrupted version of Kunena and that is what is preventing the NEW! indicator from operating correctly?
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #22 by damsella
Could be... maybe for the other people on this thread as well... I will try uninstalling and reinstalling Kunena.

More
14 years 1 month ago #23 by damsella
Well, I have reinstalled Kunena and I can now install the "Profile box to left" module with no problem :) So thanks for that suggestion.

BUT the New Posts function still does not work properly.

More
14 years 1 month ago #24 by CheechDogg
damsella wrote:

So are you having the same problem as me, CheechDogg?

I have latest posts installed but what I really need is for the New! function to work properly.

You know damsella, I was actually having this problem and for some stupid reason I "did not" pay much attention to it when it was happening. I instead installed the latest kunena module and honestly "did not" pay much mind to it anymore. I know I have noticed this a couple of other times and as recent as 2 weeks ago.

Let me ask you a question, could the color of the font be the reason it doesn't display? I know I have done this before where I would edit the color of the font and that would prevent certain text from displaying properly.

Do you have an account we could use so we can check it out?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #25 by damsella
No CheechDogg, I have not changed the font colour at all. Although thank you for thinking about it. But you have obviously been having the same issue which makes me think it is something more than just my site that is the problem.

I wonder how many more people have this problem but have not posted about it?
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by damsella.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #26 by sozzled
I have, for the duration of this discussion, refrained from asking for a test account but, like cheechdogg has suggested, this may be necessary in damsella's case. We need to bring a few more pairs of eyes to look this matter and to unravel the mysterious behaviour that is affecting a one or two people (although, I am prepared to concede, it may also affect others, too).

damsella: Did you have any success, disabling all other modules on your website? Perhaps it's something to do with the Joomla template that you're using: what if you [temporarily, obviously] changed your site template to rhuk_milkyway to see if the vanishing "New" indicator syndrome persists?

Although this problem was asked in the Common Questions category, I would like to move it to the Support category because I think this is important to determine the cause.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #27 by damsella
Well Oscarfishlover, and katiepeters, and cheechdogg all have the same problem as me.

And you are not running a standard Joomla template on this site, are you?

I will pm you a log in for my site. Once you are in, you will see the New! signs. Then change view, and they will disappear.

More
14 years 1 month ago #28 by sozzled
damsella wrote:

Well Oscarfishlover, and katiepeters, and cheechdogg all have the same problem as me.

I have already conceded this point. Oscarfishlover and katiepeters have not responded to our requests for further information (perhaps they don't have any) or whether the symptoms are the same as yours. Let's move on, shall we?

damsella wrote:

And you are not running a standard Joomla template on this site, are you?

I don't run Kunena.com. I am just a user here, like you. On those websites that I do manage, for some of them I use "standard" Joomla templates and for others, I don't. I am simply trying to eliminate anything extraneous to your situation.

damsella wrote:

I will pm you a log in for my site. Once you are in, you will see the New! signs. Then change view, and they will disappear.

Thank you. I am simply trying to analyse the situation and help as best as I can.

More
14 years 1 month ago #29 by sozzled
Thank you. I have looked at your website. Very interesting! You are currently running vBulletin on your site simultaneously with Kunena. I'm beginning to suspect that your problem may be affected by something happening, behind the scenes, with the "Joomla session" that Matias referred to earlier in this topic.

Further, you mentioned something in your PM to me "Go to xxx and log in as yyy. You will need to try twice, but that is a whole other (Jomsocial) issue". I mean I'm beginning to suspect that there are other complexities conspiring to contribute to the cause: there's more to this than meets the eye.

The obvious way to eliminate all these other potential conflicts (and I want to stress the term potential) is for you to create a test Joomla site on your server, install nothing more than Kunena, create a couple of user accounts, make a test posting, and see if the "New" post indicator remains constant until you have actually read the topic ... which is the way that the Kunena "new" post indicator is supposed to work.

If the test operates, as I think it should, then we can rule out a problem with the base Kunena software. We cannot, however, rule out a conflict that something else is doing that affects Kunena operations.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #30 by damsella
Well as Kunena.com is also running Jomsocial, I did not think that would add to the issue.

The Jomsocial log in problem is a well known one on their website, not connected I think.

However, I will try to create a site with just Joomla and Kunena. But if I cannot have the New! function on Kunena if I am running any other software, that is a problem.

Thank you for all your time and attention on this.

ETA: vBulletin is just in a wrapper. It is not really on my Joomla site at all.

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds