Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Problem with New Post Indicator

More
14 years 1 month ago #11 by CheechDogg
On my site it helps that I use Kunena's latest posts module. Now it might be a little too much on busy forums, but on my site it gets the job done. We get plenty of posts each day and still have not had any problems with people staying up to date with what is getting posted. You might want to try Kunena's latest post module and set it to say the last 10-15 posts. If you want to include more you can do it with just the topic with no avatars, poster's name. There are so many ways to have it display, a very good mod and I love it.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #12 by damsella
So are you having the same problem as me, CheechDogg?

I have latest posts installed but what I really need is for the New! function to work properly.

More
14 years 1 month ago #13 by sozzled
damsella: Please look at your Kunena configuration settings. Please tell us what value you have for Frontend » Show New Posts

Also, what value have you for Frontend » "New" Indicator

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #14 by damsella
sozzled wrote:

damsella: Please look at your Kunena configuration settings. Please tell us what value you have for Frontend » Show New Posts

Also, what value have you for Frontend » "New" Indicator

Thanks. I have it set to:

Show New Posts - Yes

"New" Indicator - NEW!
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by damsella.

More
14 years 1 month ago #15 by sozzled
It's quite strange that the new post indicator works here, works on all my own websites, and has not been reported by any other user as being faulty.

The fault may be the result of another Joomla component that you are using at your website. If I remember, you are using a lot of additional plugins and modules (at least 10 different Javascript libraries are loaded on each page) and, perhaps, one of those is interfering with the operation of the New Post indicator. This, of course, is just a guess on my part. :S I'm sorry, I don't know enough, yet, to understand how the New Post indicator is generated.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16 by damsella
Thanks for your reply.

But I am obviously not the only person having problems with the New function - I didn't start this thread, after all!

I do love Kunena and I want to use it but I need to get this fixed or switch to a different forum software.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #17 by sozzled
damsella wrote:

But I am obviously not the only person having problems with the New function - I didn't start this thread, after all!

True, but the original question went something like this: "Now you see it, now you don't"

In your case you have never seen the "NEW!" indicator. Is that correct?
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #18 by damsella
No, my problem is the same as the first poster's - I see the "1 New!" sign in the Categories view, but if I change to the Recent Discussions or My discussions view, it disappears - even though I haven't read the thread.

I am just going to turn off all the modules and see it if makes a difference.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by damsella.

More
14 years 1 month ago #19 by sozzled
OK. I'm sorry I misunderstood you. I wasn't clear on that point.

I hope you find the culprit and let us know.

I have tried to reproduce your symptoms on my own websites but I've been unsuccessful. We may need to obtain from you a test account at your website. The fault may also be browser-related in some way. There has to be a rational explanation for this erratic behaviour. :S

More
14 years 1 month ago #20 by damsella
Thanks. I will try with a different browser. But there are two other users on this thread with the exact same problem, so maybe it's some kind of glitch.

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds