Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Problem with New Post Indicator

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
when I first opened my forum I get a new post indicator next to each thread telling me how many new posts there are. However, if I exit the website and come back they have all disappeared indicating that everything has been read

Any ideas what is going on?

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Yeah. Just guessing, when you come back the second time, you didn't login. :dry:

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by katiepeters
Quite a few users on our board have reported the same thing. Ours is private, so the only way I can think of that they wouldn't have login is if they've chosen to save the userid and password in their cookies.

Sincerly,

Katie

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
katiepeters: can you verify if this happens to you and, if so, under what circumstances?

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by CheechDogg
Oscarfishlover wrote:

when I first opened my forum I get a new post indicator next to each thread telling me how many new posts there are. However, if I exit the website and come back they have all disappeared indicating that everything has been read

Any ideas what is going on?

Are you going to your categories or are you opening a certain forum? If you are opening a forum and it has 5 new posts, you don't have to read all of them before the new post indicator goes away. I just checked that on my forums and that is what happens on mine.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
14 years 1 month ago #6 by damsella
Is there any way to keep the New! until the thread has actually been read? And to have it in different views, not just the Catagory view? ie in My Discussions and Recent Discussions as well.

Or is there some other New Post indicator I don't know about?

More
14 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled
damsella wrote:

Is there any way to keep the New! until the thread has actually been read?

That is standard behaviour. I'm unaware of anything else that occurs automatically, without a deliberate action on your part, that changes that behaviour.

damsella wrote:

... and to have it in different views, not just the Category view? ie in My Discussions and Recent Discussions as well.

Again, this is standard behaviour. I use the "New" indicator here, at www.kunena.com , in the several different views, in order to keep track of those discussions that I have not yet read.

damsella wrote:

Or is there some other New Post indicator I don't know about?

I hope we're discussing a piece of text, in green, that you can see here at www.kunena.com . It is possible for users to selectively remove this feature from their websites. Is that what you have done?

More
14 years 1 month ago #8 by Matias
There is one thing that is not working in read posts: if someone replies, all messages since your last login shows up as unread.. It's limitation in K1.5. :(

More
14 years 1 month ago #9 by damsella
The little green "x New!" thing is not working like that for me.

It is there when I log in, in the Recent Discussions view. But it is not in the Categories view, and it disappears from Recent Discussions view when I have only gone into Categories view and back again, but have not actually read the thread.

I have tried reverting my forum back to default_ex, which I have not changed at all, and am using two different machines with a different log in on each one, but still have this problem.

Is there something else I should be doing?

More
14 years 1 month ago #10 by damsella
Matias wrote:

There is one thing that is not working in read posts: if someone replies, all messages since your last login shows up as unread.. It's limitation in K1.5. :(

Ths is worrying too. I have a very busy forum and people need to know what they've read and what they haven't.

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds