Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Mail not working 1.5.7

More
14 years 2 months ago #31 by greg
Sozzled,
Here is my reply.

I did not receive an email with your last reply . I was not subscribed to the thread automatically via my previous reply. I understood that I would be auto subscribed to a thread when I replied with the 'reply' button?????. I read that I would not be subscribed if I used the 'quick reply' option. but not sure of the intended auto subscribe mechanics when a registered member replies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #32 by sozzled
Thank you for your reply. The following screenshot is taken from the email that I received as a consequence of subscribing to this discussion topic:
This, therefore, confirms that K 1.5.9 does, in fact, send emails as it was designed to do. :woohoo:

greg wrote:

I understood that I would be auto subscribed to a thread when I replied with the 'reply' button?????

You were misinformed. "Auto subscription" is a Kunena configuration setting. For new installations of Kunena the feature is enabled, by default. Actually, most users find this feature is more of a headache than a benefit and we choose to disable the feature (as it has been done here, at www.kunena.com ):

Go to your administration site: Components » Kunena Forum » Kunena Configuration » Frontend » User Related » Post-subscription checked by default? = No.

greg wrote:

I read that I would not be subscribed if I used the 'quick reply' option.

That is correct. There is no means to subscribe to a topic with the Quick Reply button. I wrote about this yesterday: see Quick Reply and subscription . As interesting as it may be to discuss the "auto subscription" features, this is actually off-topic to this discussion which started as a question about why (or if) email was not working with an older version of Kunena.

I suspect that the original discussion topic is no longer an issue any more.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago #33 by mibnbikes
Replied by mibnbikes on topic Re:Mail not working 1.5.8
Matias wrote:

If you are testing Kunena in your local computer, I would not care if email works or not: most likely you do not have email server installed or you have misconfiguration somewhere.

In production servers:

Test setup to track down this problem (you seem to be more than one different issues, so everyone, please run this test and report back to this thread):

1) admin (global moderator: no selected forums)
2) admin (moderator in test category)
3) moderator (global moderator: no selected forums)
4) moderator (in test category)
5) registered
6) test user posting topics

* Sync user cache in Kunena backend!
* Enable E-mail Moderators, E-mail Administrators and Allow Subscriptions
* User 6: post two topics into test category ("Subscribe test", "Moderator test")
* All other users: Subscribe first topic
* User 6: post answer for both topics

Who gets the emails (+which one)? Does Joomla show any error messages?

Known bug (please verify), fixed in K1.6: global moderator does not get email on the second topic

Everything else works in Kunena.com and in my test servers.

Hi Matias,

thanks for getting back but I am not quite sure what it is that you want me to do in the test? Could you please explain a bit more?

Best regards Mikkel.

Hi Matias,

Im sorry to disturb you again, I hope you are subscribed to this threadh?

I am still not sure what the test is all about, could you please explain just a little more what to do?

Best regards Mikkel.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #34 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Mail not working 1.5.8
mibnbikes: First of all, are you running your site - the one where you are having email problems - in live production at the moment? Are you operating your site from your local computer using something like XAMPP or WAMP, for example?
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #35 by mibnbikes
Replied by mibnbikes on topic Re:Mail not working 1.5.7
Hi Sozzled,

yes I am having problems with the Kunena mail function on my live production site, I do have a copy site to test on if needed.

My site is running on a hosted server and not my own.

The funny thing is (also described in earlier post in this threadh) that ALL other components works perfectly with the PHP mailer, JomSocial, Jreviews, CK forms, Acajoom, My Blog, and Jcomments are all working fine, it is only Kunena that does not work.

I hope you can help me out on this one.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by mibnbikes.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #36 by sozzled
I don't know if I can help you or not. You asked for clarification of Matias' questions. I'm just going through each one of those questions and asking you to answer.

Thank you for your first answer. This eliminates the "I don't have a mail server installed on my website" issue.

Q: Have you setup your system as Matias asked, for the purposes of testing, namely:

1) you have an admin user (global moderator: no selected forums)
2) you have an admin user assigned to be a moderator in at least one [test case] category
3) you have a moderator user (global moderator: no selected forums)
4) moderator assigned to be a moderator in at least one [test case] category
5) you have a registered, "non privileged" user
6) you have posted topics in your forum

When you have answered this question we can move to the third part of Matias' advice. :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #37 by arpitap
Replied by arpitap on topic Re:Mail not working 1.5.7
Now I am getting mails but not able to see posted reply when I click on provide link it only displays topic not the reply which is required to be approved.

How can I approve new replies?

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #38 by sozzled
arpitap: your question is off-topic to this discussion. In your case you are receiving emails. The discussion topic is about people who are not receiving emails.

The answer to your question is here: Moderated forum with notification to moderator/confirmation

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #39 by mibnbikes
Replied by mibnbikes on topic Re:Mail not working 1.5.7
Hello again Sozzled,

I have done all the things that Matias/you described, at least that is what I am hoping. I have given certain admin/users the following rights:
----
1) admin (global moderator: no selected forums)
2) admin (moderator in test category)
3) moderator (global moderator: no selected forums)
4) moderator (in test category)
5) registered
6) test user posting topics
----

And I have also done this:
* Sync user cache in Kunena backend!
* Enable E-mail Moderators, E-mail Administrators and Allow Subscriptions
* User 6: post two topics into test category ("Subscribe test", "Moderator test")
* All other users: Subscribe first topic
* User 6: post answer for both topics
----

No one gets any emails at all, please see attach picture for the error message that I get, it is in danish, but means "Could not instantiate mail function" As you can see Kunena tries to send mutiple mails but does not succeed.

Best reagards Mikkel.

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by mibnbikes.

More
14 years 1 month ago #40 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Mail not working 1.5.7
Well, finally, that error message from Joomla gives me all the information I need. :)

This error usually happens when server does not have local mail server installed or configured for php mailer. The odd thing is that we are sending email just like Joomla does when user asks his lost password. Does it work?

Can you still provide me screenshot of mail settings in Joomla settings?

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds