Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question IPB, Punbb, Phpbb3, SMF2 to Kunena solved

More
14 years 1 day ago #31 by Cerberus
with such a small DB is it even worth the hassle of migrating you would be better off starting from scratch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 hours ago - 14 years 4 hours ago #32 by Jed11
lol... in my case it's the quality not the quantity. Although there isn't much content, the content is very important and I wanted to preserve it if possible.

I've spent a few hours with this migration tool and in my experience it is far too risky to use. Make ABSOLUTELY SURE to backup your database on both ends of the migration because this tool will wipe out some posts and leave others and clean the users out completely. I was unable to convert SMF2 and also failed converting phpBB3 using this tool. In both cases, lack of a backup would have simply destroyed the database.

For those seeking a solution to migrate SMF 2.0 RC3 to kunena v1.5.11 a sure and safe way that worked for me is to do the following:

1. Convert SMF 2.0 RC3 to phpBB3.
2 Convert phpBB3 to Fireboard.
3. Upgrade Fireboard to kunena.
Last edit: 14 years 4 hours ago by Jed11.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #33 by forum-migrations
I wrote as recommendations, backup of Joomla database and the script have a big warning, the main problem is handle quotes and you can check the code with debug info, post it here or send me an email, some users tried modifying for avoid quotes problems ( solution posted here). Remember that this script is the first beta, hours of development (because if that im including in the article the mail of support and paid migration suggestion).

I received a couple messages with experiences of absolute success, and few with errors, but i really don't have time for a new version right now (few time and the free script doesn't have any kind of support).
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by forum-migrations.

More
13 years 10 months ago #34 by pi_mento
Where can i find the SMF2 to Kunena script? the download area is empty?

More
13 years 10 months ago #35 by forum-migrations
pi_mento wrote:

Where can i find the SMF2 to Kunena script? the download area is empty?

Hello, please read the page, the php script project is over

More
13 years 10 months ago #36 by baijianpeng
I need a converter for "SMF2 to Kunena", hope someone can make such one.

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

More
13 years 5 months ago #37 by Greight
Download is not available at the author's website.

More
13 years 4 months ago #38 by joomlamz
ok
where can finder about tutorial
i need make convert smf2 to Kunena

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds