Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Kunena 1.0.10 "505 Install Error" HELP!

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #21 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Kunena 1.0.10
CaJuaL wrote:

Reinstalled Joomla... didn't install CB... installed Kunena first... and I still get the same error.

Presumably you mean you installed Joomla 1.5.10? Yes?

I didn't mean for you to delete your original website. I meant for you to create a second website. No wonder you're feeling miserable.

By the way, read this testimonial from a user who has successfully installed K 1.0.10 on a J! 1.5.11 platform.

Just to throw another spanner in the works, at the time we were discussing fixing your K 1.0.10 installation problems, K 1.5.3 hadn't been released. Without knowing anything about this version, would you be willing to try K 1.5.3 instead?

I still feel strongly that your problems have something to do with your webhost's ability to support a Joomla-built website. Ask your webhost if they can demonstrate a fully-functioning Joomla website on their servers. If they can't do that ... well, there's a problem to start with. :huh:
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #22 by CaJuaL
Replied by CaJuaL on topic Re:Kunena 1.0.10
Yeah, I understood to make a second website. I just couldn't find a place to. And since I didn't really have any content in my original website, I just started fresh from there.

I've also tried to install K 1.5.3 and I still get the same error.

And good idea about the webhost. I'll try that out, and check the testimonial you posted.

Thank you for your continued support!
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by CaJuaL.

More
14 years 10 months ago #23 by CaJuaL
Replied by CaJuaL on topic Re:Kunena 1.0.10
Well.. I'm with a new webhost and everything works fine now.

Fatcow.com is a horrible host. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. Their customer support is outsourced with people who can barely speak English and barely know what they are doing. Their servers run pretty slow from what I've experienced, and they don't provide ANY type of open-port support for php scripts that need external XML feeds from other remote IPs. They also suffer a lot of server technical difficulty and downtime.

Worst of all - they are NOT Kunena friendly!!!!!!!! I'm sorry if I've troubled you all over this. Thanks for the help anyways - much appreciated!

More
14 years 10 months ago #24 by sozzled
No trouble at all, CaJuaL. Your old webhost wasn't merely "Kunena-friendly"; they were Joomla non-friendly.

This should be a lesson to anyone who's evaluating potential webhosting services. If there's no information in the FAQs, write to the webhost and ask if they support Joomla (and Kunena if you want to be doubly-sure) and ask to see a reference site they have. If they can't answer the question, don't sign up with them.

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds