Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena 1.0.10 "505 Install Error" HELP!

More
14 years 10 months ago #11 by CaJuaL
Replied by CaJuaL on topic Re:Kunena 1.0.10
I'm attempting to install it on another server now, taking the suggestion.

I still have the problem on my main one though :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #12 by Lintzy
Hm, could be something with file permissions, too ->

globalmoxie.com/help/faq/errors/internal-server-error.shtml

More
14 years 10 months ago #13 by sozzled
As far as the discussion about whether there's a CGI issue involved, and (obviously) different versions of Perl may impact in this area - because there's a nexus between Perl and PHP - yours is the first case I've seen here involving a Perl issue with anything to do with Joomla or its extensions. :S

Grasping a straws for a moment, there may be a permissions issue on your directories. Have you investigated that? If we don't ascertain that you can install any version of Kunena on any version of Joomla then it points to something most peculiar with your webhost's setup.

More
14 years 10 months ago #14 by sozzled
Great minds think alike, eh, Lintzy? :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #15 by Lintzy
Seem to be the right track ;)

More
14 years 10 months ago #16 by CaJuaL
Darn. I really wish I knew what all of you guys are talkin' about lol.

Well I have a CGI log of errors. Here are the last few. Not sure if this would help any.

PHP Warning: eregi() [<a href='function.eregi'>function.eregi</a>]: Unmatched \{ in /hermes/web06/b2268/moo.cajual/administrator/components/com_admin/tmpl/sysinfo_config.php on line 57
PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hermes/web06/b2268/moo.cajual/administrator/modules/mod_submenu/mod_submenu.php on line 118

More
14 years 10 months ago #17 by CaJuaL
My webhost (if it helps any as well) is Fatcow.com

Here is the Perl info:

How Perl works at FatCow
FatCow's PowerPack allows you to write scripts using Perl. To ensure that your Perl scripts work smoothly, please refer to the following information before you get started:
Path to your Web directory: /home/users/web/b2268/moo.cajual
This is important, as most of your scripts will need to specify this location. For example, this is required if uploading files was a function that you'd like your Perl script to do.

Path to Perl: /usr/bin/perl
Note that FatCow's CGI servers automatically direct your scripts to this path. You do not need to change the "#!" line at the top of your scripts.

Version of Perl: 5.8.8
This is the version of Perl that FatCow runs on its servers. Newer versions may be installed as they become available.

Perl Modules installed: Full List
These are pre-made Perl components that you can reuse to make your scripts work. You can also write your own Perl modules.

Required filename extensions: .pl or .cgi
These are the extensions that your Perl files must have or they will not work. For example, they would be yourscript.cgi or yourscript.pl.

Recommended path: yourcompanyname.com/cgi-bin/yourscript.cgi
If you do not have a domain name, point to: yourusername.fatcow.com/cgi-bin/yourscript.cgi .
Note: FatCow recommends that you use your cgi-bin as the default folder for all your cgi scripts. We cannot guarantee that they will work outside of this folder.

If you need anymore information let me know. I'm not sure what "permissions" you are all talking about :( Me = Newb. ^.^

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #18 by sozzled
CaJual wrote:

I'm not sure what "permissions" you are all talking about.

See docs.kunena.com/index.php/Securing_Kunena and links therefrom.

Perl may have an impact but it also could be a red herring. There's nothing in Joomla that allows you to configure the Perl path. Let's focus on whether you can install J! 1.5.10 and K 1.0.10 successfully ... because I know that works! B)

The errors referred to in your message ( #19873 ) would seem to suggest the cause of the fault lies within Joomla.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 10 months ago #19 by CaJuaL
Ahhh #%$& ...

Does this mean I have to reinstall Joomla? Is there a way to repair? I haven't backed anything up. There isn't really any content on the site, so perhaps clearing everything via ftp and starting all over again might be a good idea.

I've having troubles finding a place to make a new site according to your suggestion. lol

Anyways... I'm going to do this the difficult way and just start fresh. I don't have any lost data.

What an experience this is. At least I know what to expect. It won't take me 10 hours glued to the readmes just to get things installed.

I'll let you know the result :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #20 by CaJuaL
Sad to say... I deleted everything. Started fresh.

Reinstalled Joomla... didn't install CB... installed Kunena first... and I still get the same error. =(

I'm a sad panda.

Sozzled! I LOSE =*(

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds