Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena 1.0.10 "505 Install Error" HELP!

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #1 by CaJuaL
Okay, after endless searching to find out any solution to this issue.. I have given up and registered to see if any of you guys could help me :)

My webhost meets all requirements, and I also enabled the legacy plugin. My php.ini is also suitable for the installation. Everytime I try and upload to install, I get a blank page with only the following lame error:

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

I also tried to install Kunena v1.5 but I also received the same error.

I have the following installed already:

- Joomla 1.5.11
- Community Builder 1.2

I am a newb to all of this, but I'm a quick learner. :) I've been able to solve every other problem I've encountered so far.... but now I'm stumped. :(

Help is greatly appreciated!
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by CaJuaL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
I don't know what might be causing your "505 Install Error" problem.

Were you using a previous version of Kunena before you attempted to install K 1.0.10?

If you want to use K 1.0.10 (and there's no good reason why you shouldn't) and you want to use Community Builder, you must upgrade to CB 1.2.1. Kunena will not work with CB 1.2. If you have any old version of Kunena (before K 1.0.10) installed, CB 1.2.1 will not work either!

I have not yet read confirmation that K 1.0.10 operates in a J! 1.5.11 environment. I can say that K 1.0.10 works in J! 1.5.10 (and J! 1.5.9). That's all I can tell you.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by CaJuaL
I appreciated your willingness to help me sozzled :) (+karma)

However, no I've never used Kunena in my life. Heh... I'm new to everything... a whole new world I explored, in which I almost wished I hired someone for. :P

And please excuse my ignorance. Yes, I *am* using CB 1.2.1 already! Heh :blush:

I have no previous installation of Kunena.

Everything is fresh. I installed Joomla 1.5.11 then CB 1.2.1 then my attempt to install Kunena that follows, led me to here.

I double and triple checked all PHP and mySQL info and I meet all the requirements. And legacy is enabled. *sigh*

I also contacted my webhost... says they think it's an application problem, in which they do not provide support for. :(

But anyhow, your continued support is appreciated!

Any ideas?

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for the increased Karma (I bet someone will reduce it soon enough!! :laugh:). I had planned to upgrade one of my Kunena websites to J! 1.5.11 today (if I get time to do it) just to see if it presents any problems with K 1.0.10.

In your case, may I make the following suggestion?

Create a brand-new website with J! 1.5.10. Don't add any other components to it, just leave it as a "vanilla-flavoured" site, and then try to install Kunena 1.0.10. If that doesn't work, please report your findings here. If it does work then you haven't really lost too much, have you? You can then add the other bits you need.

Installing Joomla, then Kunena, is less than half-an-hour's "work". I think the effort is probably worth it, don't you? :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #5 by Lintzy
Perhaps this point can shed some light upon it:

If you google for the string "The script had an error or it did not produce any output" in most of answers you will find the word CGI.

Here is a short summary of some (not all) possible causes:

support.discusware.com/center/resources/errors/spno.html

Please ask your provider, if your webspace is on a windows-server.

A "script produced no output" error occurs on Windows servers when attempting to access a CGI script on a server that is not properly set up to handle CGI scripts

This could be ONE cause.

More
14 years 10 months ago #6 by CaJuaL
lol definitely. I'll try that out right now.

Just a couple questions before I proceed:

1) Wouldn't it be best to install CB first or no?
2) Would I be able to install Kunena first and THEN CB?
3) If Kunena DOES work on a brand-new website, what steps do I take to "add the other bits I need". Frankly I would never know which bits I need :(

heh...

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #7 by CaJuaL
AHHH With your second post, I believe you may have solved the problem.

The platform is Debian.

Would this be the issue? :( Alot of people use Linux though >.<
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by CaJuaL.

More
14 years 10 months ago #8 by Lintzy
I believe not, because Debian is Linux. :(

More
14 years 10 months ago #9 by CaJuaL
Replied by CaJuaL on topic Re:Kunena 1.0.10
Lintzy wrote:

I believe not, because Debian is Linux. :(

LOL yeah... I just edited my last post which shared the thought!

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #10 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Kunena 1.0.10
CaJuaL wrote:

1) Wouldn't it be best to install CB first or no?
2) Would I be able to install Kunena first and THEN CB?
3) If Kunena DOES work on a brand-new website, what steps do I take to "add the other bits I need".

1. It probably doesn't matter what order you do them in. If you involve Community Builder in any way on a website where Kunena 1.0.10 is installed you have to use CB 1.2.1. If you already have CB 1.2.1 installed, you can only use K 1.0.10 (or a later version) with it.
  2. See my answer to Q1
  3. "Other bits" are installed as per normal - use the Joomla Installer. Kunena doesn't really need anything else to operate with. You could, conceivably, run your site without Community Builder. What "other bits" do you want to use? If you want a private messaging system, use uddeIM. If you want a discussbot, use ObjectClarity Discussbot. These are the only "other bits" that I am aware of that integrate nicely with Kunena (except for CB, of course).

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds