- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
Question Install Error
- indieadvertise
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
17 years 7 months ago #6474
by indieadvertise
Replied by indieadvertise on topic Re:Install Error
I'm getting the same error. I checked my permissions in Sys Info and all directories are writable. I also tried installing from directory but that's not working either (no error given though). I know it's not a timeout issue as that was my first problem which is now solved. I'm trying a fresh install of Kunena 1.0.8 with the following:
Joomla 1.5.9
CB 1.2
AEC (tried disabling hacks already)
Host- Godaddy
Any suggestions? Thanks.
Joomla 1.5.9
CB 1.2
AEC (tried disabling hacks already)
Host- Godaddy
Any suggestions? Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
17 years 7 months ago #6719
by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Install Error
@ indieadvertise:
Can you share us your exact error message?
Can you share us your exact error message?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- indieadvertise
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
17 years 7 months ago - 17 years 7 months ago #6783
by indieadvertise
Replied by indieadvertise on topic Re:Install Error
I was getting the same error as mda1125: "Install Component Error" with nothing else.
I tried enabling FTP and now I'm getting the error "Unable to find install package" with nothing else. All other installations have worked fine, native or not. Legacy is definitely on.
I also just switched my host to JustHost and I'm getting the same error with both FTP on and off. Much thanks for any help on this.
I tried enabling FTP and now I'm getting the error "Unable to find install package" with nothing else. All other installations have worked fine, native or not. Legacy is definitely on.
I also just switched my host to JustHost and I'm getting the same error with both FTP on and off. Much thanks for any help on this.
Last edit: 17 years 7 months ago by indieadvertise.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
17 years 7 months ago #6945
by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Install Error
It is a Joomla error message.. It looks like something happens before our installation script shoots.
Our package is over 1MB, so you should look your post limits in php.ini file. Did you upload the file from your own computer to Joomla installation? If so, try to use URL instead. Does it work?
Our package is over 1MB, so you should look your post limits in php.ini file. Did you upload the file from your own computer to Joomla installation? If so, try to use URL instead. Does it work?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- indieadvertise
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
17 years 7 months ago #7076
by indieadvertise
Replied by indieadvertise on topic Re:Install Error
I have tried to install from URL which also does not work. I get the same errors as my above post. Also, when I try to install from directory I get the error "unable to find install package." I'm going to try to install from a fresh Joomla installation when I get the chance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
17 years 7 months ago #7403
by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Install Error
Try to install some other component. And take a look at Joomla! manual. Usually this kind of errors happen on all extensions and are permission problems.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds