Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Downgrade

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #21 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re:Downgrade
Turbo123 wrote:

AWESOME i read everything you wrote and you were right the jos_ tables were not all gone. So what i did is reupload the backed up SQL DB files and then installed the new Kunena 0.9. I was able to keep all my posts and topics! YAAAY!!!!

1 thing though,

My Kunena admin panel says this

Installed version: Kunena 1.0.5RC2 | 2008-10-27 | 817 [ Redwood ] | Copyright: © 2008-2009 Kunena | License: GNU GPL

and my uninstall version is

Kunena Enabled 1.0.9 2009-04-03 www.Kunena.com

I am stumped on why there are 2 different versions.

Thanks!

This would suggest that the upgrade did not complete successfully. Did you get a successful message at the very end of the install/upgrade (downgrade)? And a 'Click here' to continue message from Joomla or was it just a white screen?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 15 years 2 weeks ago by fxstein.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #22 by wolfsauge
Replied by wolfsauge on topic Re:Downgrade
I uninstalled Kunena 1.08 -
installed Kunena 1.09 -
crashed the whole website, complete desaster -
PANIC -
uninstalled Kunena 1.09 -
re-installed Kunena 1.08 -
everything works again, thank God.
So I can say downgrading this way works perfectly.
I guess I stay with the 1.08 version, never experienced any problem with it.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #23 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Downgrade
Downgrading works currently for all Kunena versions, but this can change in the future. Configuration may need some adjustments, but otherwise there should be no problems.

So you can downgrade from K1.5.0 to K1.0.9 and from K1.0.9 to K1.0.8, at least in most of the cases. I would still taken that backup, but..

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds