Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Downgrade

More
14 years 11 months ago #1 by Turbo123
Downgrade was created by Turbo123
Is there anyway to downgrade to an old version? Some issues happened during the installation of the new 1.5 version. I was wondering if there is ANYWAY to downgrade in a safe and timely manner?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Downgrade
*** ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ***

I don't know what part of the original announcement about Kunena 1.5.0a that people didn't read, but let's repeat it again:

As we have written elsewhere, and we will probably continue to write for some time to come, you are strongly advised to install Kunena 1.0.9. Kunena 1.5.0a should only be used by experienced users of earlier versions of Kunena and it should only be installed for testing purposes. In other words, if you instal Kunena 1.5.0a you are doing so at your own risk!

I don't know if there's a "downgrade" procedure. I don't know if it's possible to undo what you've already done.

Can I also add, unless you have evidence that a feature that worked in Kunena 1.0.8 or 1.0.9, does not now work with version 1.5.0a, it's unlikely you'll obtain help with how to use this latest, test version.

I'm sorry I can't be more considerate towards people who are experiencing problems with Kunena 1.5.0a but you were warned. (And, in case anyone is wondering: no, I haven't installed Kunena 1.5.0a and I haven't any intention of installing it at this present time while it's in alpha testing.)
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 11 months ago #3 by Turbo123
Replied by Turbo123 on topic Re:Downgrade
Ok well thanks for the info... I am a noob for note on that and cannot read things in BOLD BLACK and red.. :)

Do you know of ANYWAY to go from 1.5 to 1.0.9? lol

More
14 years 11 months ago #4 by grumblemarc
Replied by grumblemarc on topic Re:Downgrade
If this is not a new install I truly hope you have a backup of your forum before you applied the alpha to it. There is no such thing as a downgrade.

If it is a new install you will have to uninstall and remove all Kunena tables from the database and then install 1.0.9.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 11 months ago #5 by Turbo123
Ok thanks... I am a noob and have paid for it lol.

More
14 years 11 months ago #6 by grumblemarc
I'm guessing that's a NO on the backup?

More
14 years 11 months ago #7 by Turbo123
Yes that is a no...

More
14 years 11 months ago #8 by grumblemarc
There was a tool I used to use on Joomla 1.0.X called Jombackup. It sent a daily DB dump of my Joomla install to the email addresses I specified. Maybe you should look into something like that. JoomlaPack is also a backup tool I recommend. I also recommend developing your site locally prior to going live to avoid issues like this one.

Make a backup of what you have as it may be able to be salvaged at a later date.

More
14 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Downgrade
@turbo123: for someone who dislikes bold black or red text, and who doesn't take precautions like backups, I wouldn't feel comfortable as a passenger in your car under the following circumstances:

;)

More
14 years 11 months ago #10 by Turbo123
Ok thanks but i deleted EVERYTHING including the Kunena SQL tables. BUT it is giving me the following errors

Table 'simply10_SMDB.jos_fb_whoisonline' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO jos_fb_whoisonline (`userid` , `time`, `what`, `task`, `do`, `func`,`link`, `userip`, `user`) VALUES ('0', '1238982830', 'Forum Main','','','','/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=111', '68.59.157.238', '0')
variable value
$0 "
key value
$file "/home/simply10/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.debug.php"
$line "42"
$function "debug_callstackinfo"
[args] Nested Array
"
$1 "
key value
$file "/home/simply10/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.debug.php"
$line "64"
$function "trigger_dberror"
[args] Nested Array
"
$2 "
key value
$file "/home/simply10/public_html/components/com_kunena/kunena.php"
$line "456"
$function "check_dberror"
[args] Nested Array
"
$3 "
key value
$file "/home/simply10/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php"
$line "162"
[args] Nested Array
$function "require_once"
"
$4 "
key value
$file "/home/simply10/public_html/includes/application.php"
$line "124"
$function "renderComponent"
$class "JComponentHelper"
$type "->"
[args] Nested Array
"
$5 "
key value
$file "/home/simply10/public_html/index.php"
$line "68"
$function "dispatch"
$class "JSite"
$type "->"
[args] Nested Array
"

Warning: Could not load latest Version record.\nDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'simply10_SMDB.jos_fb_version' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT `version`, `versiondate`, `installdate`, `build`, `versionname` FROM `jos_fb_version` ORDER BY `id` DESC LIMIT 1;
SQL =

SELECT
`version`,
`versiondate`,
`installdate`,
`build`,
`versionname`
FROM `jos_fb_version`
ORDER BY `id` DESC LIMIT 1;

in /home/simply10/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.debug.php on line 71

Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in /home/simply10/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.version.php on line 86

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds