Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Downgrade

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #11 by grumblemarc
Replied by grumblemarc on topic Re:Downgrade
Did you uninstall or just delete files and folders?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #12 by Turbo123
Replied by Turbo123 on topic Re:Downgrade
uninstalled from inside the Joomla backend

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #13 by grumblemarc
You neglected to say. When are you getting these errors? After the uninstall? Or when you are trying to reinstall? Do you have debug mode on?

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #14 by Turbo123
lol my bad,

Here is what happened during my whole trip.

1. Updated the WORKING and PERFECT version of Kunena to 1.5.0 (PLEASE don't ask why...)

2. Found out it doesn't work so came in here and asked about the error

3. Backed up the SQL and the files

4. UNINSTALLED Kunena from inside of Joomla

5. Manually deleted the fb_ sql BUT backed it up

6. Installed Kunena 1.0.9 and got those errors

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #15 by grumblemarc
This is what I found when I did a search for your error. It's a Joomla error and not necessarily a Kunena one.
* You generally get this error,when your site is getting connected to the database properly and the main reason for this is the site database prefix which is being defined at the configuration.php file at the root of the site. Usually,its "jos_" ,but if your backed up site or database is using some other prefix,then just go to configuration.php file again and edit it. Before that,you need to find out,whats the correct database prefix. Go to to the database and then goto phpmyadmin and you can check the prefix.
* Make sure,all your database connection info are perfect at the configuration.php

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #16 by Turbo123
jos_ is in my configuration.php in my root and it is my prefix.

NOTE: This only happens on Kunena on a fresh install now and no other Components.

Not sure why... But Kunena has not given me issues until now.
Last edit: 15 years 2 weeks ago by Turbo123.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #17 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re:Downgrade
Sorry to hear about your issues.

Most of what you have done is not needed and somewhere along the way something went wrong.

As we write in every readme: BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP before you do anything to your install. Tings can and will go wrong.

Now 1.5.0a is an Alpha version and as such should not be used on any production site. No Alpha software should, especially if you are not an expert.

The good news is that 1.0.9 and 1.5.0a share the same database structure.

All you need to do is uninstall 1.5.0a, turn on the legacy plugin and install 1.0.9.

However this only works without deleting any tables in the database.

Once you delete a single kunena table (jos_fb_xxxxx) ALL must be deleted. Once you manually manipulate the database structures the automatic install and upgrade cannot work any more, there is no way for it to tell what you did, and even if it could detect it, it would miss all data in the missing tables, makes all of it pretty much useless.

Based on the errors you are now seeing it is clear that some tables have not been dropped. As such the installer runs into and unsolveable error trying to do a new install or trying to perform and upgrade.

Make sure kunena is uninstalled, the directories /components/com_kunena and /administrator/components/com_kunena are gone (if not delete them, none of the jos_fb_xxxx tables exist in the database. Once confirmed you can do a fresh install of Kunena 1.0.8 or 1.0.9.

Right now there is only one nasty bug known for 1.0.9 and it can be avoided by making sure the setting Show Announcements is set to yes - even if you don't enter announcements.

Sorry you have to go through all these troubles.

Hope this helps!

fxstein

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #18 by Turbo123
AWESOME i read everything you wrote and you were right the jos_ tables were not all gone. So what i did is reupload the backed up SQL DB files and then installed the new Kunena 0.9. I was able to keep all my posts and topics! YAAAY!!!!

1 thing though,

My Kunena admin panel says this

Installed version: Kunena 1.0.5RC2 | 2008-10-27 | 817 [ Redwood ] | Copyright: © 2008-2009 Kunena | License: GNU GPL

and my uninstall version is

Kunena Enabled 1.0.9 2009-04-03 www.Kunena.com

I am stumped on why there are 2 different versions.

Thanks!

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #19 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Downgrade
You're very lucky you got off as easily as you did.

Your original question was "Is there a rollback procedure - or 'downgrade' as you called it - to undo a flaky Kunena 1.5.0a upgrade?" The answer is no.

We've helped you patch up your Joomla website and you've got things working again. I wouldn't push your luck too much further if I were in your shoes. ;)
Last edit: 15 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #20 by Turbo123
Lol, I would never push my luck. Thanks a LOT it's working perfectly!

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds