Search Results (Searched for: spam)

08 Aug 2010 01:23
Hi,

just sent the issue to the security team. Thank you!

Regards,
Markus
08 Aug 2010 01:06 - 08 Aug 2010 01:12
Hi TheMuffinMan,

thank you for not publishing critical data, send a email to security @ kunena.com with details of critical issue and we will do all necessary to solve this issue.

Thank you
Best Regards
08 Aug 2010 00:15
Hi,

I found a critical issue that enables spambots to post messages even if tools like Jollom or the new Kunena Spam Killer are active.

Is there somebody from the team I can talk about that before publishing details?

Regards,
Markus

crosstec.de
07 Aug 2010 16:00
Thanks to your comments, I think I have found the bottleneck.

For some reason, PHP mailer function isn't working properly on my webhost server, so I am using SMTP under Joomla's global configuration.

If I switch to the PHP mailer, the submit time on the Kunena noticeably improves, but the notification messages don't get delivered. :( :( :(

I am no expert in these matters, but it would appear that the PHP mailer serves to buffer outgoing mail, so the response improves. At the same time, I suspect smtp server is has some performance issues; maybe they are running Spamassassin and/or Clam AV, or some other Perl spam/virus software, which tend to be CPU intensive, and/or doing DNS lookups. On my desktop test system, I am also using a local smtp server, but the response is very fast, partly because it simply serves as a relay to Postfix running on my LAN gateway machine.

So, from what I understand from your reply, when a user posts a reply, the generation and sending of subscription notifications takes place within the posting process. Just curious: is there additional overhead associated with additional subscribers? IOW, the more subscribers, the longer it takes? Currently our test forum has five or six subscribers for various categories, but in due time when we introduce our Kunena forum to a larger group, this could easily be several hundred.

I will ask my webhost support about smtp performance and the PHP mailer issue.

Thanks.
06 Aug 2010 20:47 - 06 Aug 2010 20:48
Hi

Since its working in a closed enviroment, it should work in production too.
You didnt mention any statistics (users, pageviews, postings, etc).
What are these?

Also, Im thinking about what more is happening in Kunena & Joomla on post?

Maybe Kunena sends an email to a subscription and the mailrelay is slow?
Maybe there is some dns lookup which is slow? (i dont think there is lookups though Edit: maybe spamfilters doing external checking http checking)

Can you somehow turn emails off? If it cant be done globally, you'd have to remove all the fun features like moderators/complaints/subscriptions/etc.
06 Aug 2010 17:38
Replied by joomdonation on topic Kunena Spam Killer
Hi

I am sorry . Just changed the setting . You can download the extension without having to register now .

Thanks ,

Tuan
06 Aug 2010 17:29 - 06 Aug 2010 17:31
Replied by DTP2 on topic Kunena Spam Killer
Sounds good! I will download and test it. Thank you so far.

?? I tried, but is it possible that registration is required? I don't see the downloadlink.
06 Aug 2010 17:22
Kunena Spam Killer is a Joomla 1.5 native extension developed by Ossolution Team to prevent your Kunena forum From being posted Spam posts by Spammers .

The principle is simple : When someone posts a message on your forum, the Kunena Spam Killer plugin will be trigged. The plugin will use Akismet service to check whether this message is posted by a spammer. If Yes, the forum post will be unpublished. Also, a notification email will be sent to administrator and a confirmation email will be sent to users to inform them about this spam message. Administrator can go to the back-end of the component, see list of spam messages . If he sees a message which is not a spam, he can publish it and the message will be showed on your forum.

This extension is free . You can download it from Joom Donation Website . No registration is required .
06 Aug 2010 13:09 - 06 Aug 2010 13:13
Here are the results of a search on how to delete messages . B)

In particular, see How To Delete A Post (and How To Make A Spotlight Post) . :)

To find the spam post, use your forum search facility. Do you know what you're looking for at your forum?
06 Aug 2010 12:39
Hey,

Thanks a lot for your kind help.I have another query,how do i find the spam post,i want to say actually i am trying to find the spam post from forum as well want to remove it.Please help me out.

Again thanks a lot
06 Aug 2010 12:13
Replied by sheiksumon on topic Not Show CAPTCHA System
Hello,

I have installed kunena version 1.5.12 in a fresh default joomla 1.5.20,as well enabled the spam protection system ,had tried a lot for last two days but could not able to make working the captcha.Please help me to work out the captcha.

Thanks in advance
06 Aug 2010 11:50
Hi,
I enable "yes" Spam protection system but not show CAPTCHA.What's the problem.Please any advise!
05 Aug 2010 10:31 - 05 Aug 2010 10:32
I would also like to thank you VERY much for the time and effort you put into helping me out with this problem and I will definitely use Kunena in the future!

Joomla has a small choice of forums that actually go RIGHT into it without a bridge and Kunena in my opinion anyways would be #1. If it wasn't for the fact that large forums like phpBB, myBB, vBulletin couldn't directly go into Joomla that'd be a different story because bridging and direct integration are very different

Anyways once again thanks for the help :)

Cheers B)

P.S. sorry for this extra post as I myself would consider it spam, but I just wanted to say thanks.
02 Aug 2010 22:28

Our plugin system is just a directory with files, so plugins need always code changes in other files. But what you can do is to move your own code to it's own file and just call your functions from post.pph and message.php

Hmmm... So do I understand correctly that to write a spam filter I have to change post.php?

All I need is a clean way to look at the message and subject before it is actually posted.

Thanks,

== Ross ==

Ross W. Lambert
29 Jul 2010 14:16
How do I authenticate new members, as opposed to the auto registration that seems to let in spammers ?
Displaying 1561 - 1575 out of 1864 results.
Time to create page: 3.926 seconds