Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Authenticate new members

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by josh8
How do I authenticate new members, as opposed to the auto registration that seems to let in spammers ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
From the Joomla forum website :

The standard 1.5 stable has no means to allow or require admin (or other) approval / verification before a user is allowed to login to a site - that is - after they get their verification email, all one has to do is click and then login to the site. It would be just absolutely fantastic if the admin - besides being notified of a new user - could actually approve or deny an application for registration

There are several extensions listed in the JED that will achieve what you're looking for.

Not a Kunena responsibility.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by josh8
Replied by josh8 on topic Re: Authenticate new members
cheers..... I like this forum... I've had mor info from you in 6hrs than I've had from the guys who built the site in 6mths....

fantastic...:)

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds