Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important 500 Internal Server Error

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #11 by DanJRWalsh
Ya it sucks that, that is all we have to work with and nothing to tell us what to do more specifically. Although I really really don't want to have to start over, because I did a lot of work 'behind the scenes' that would take me quite a long time to do again, lol.

Knowing me its probably the simplest error thats causing this especially since it only is posting and nothing else on my website.

Errors are a real pain in the ass lol, not that I am not used to them (I program in C++ all the time making software)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by DanJRWalsh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #12 by sozzled
You could try running your website on your own PC (using WAMP or XAMPP software) - this has helped me, in the past, identifying these mystery HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors. :dry:

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #13 by DanJRWalsh
I could, but then I would have to run my PC 24/7 for my visitors to access my website and install many things manually. It can also be a security threat in certain ways.

More
13 years 8 months ago #14 by sozzled
No, no, no ... that's not what I meant. I mean, could you run your PC with server software on it, purely to experiment with why you're getting the HTTP 500 server errors? See Help with solving the HTTP 500 Internal server error . I mean, you did read this article before, didn't you?

More
13 years 8 months ago #15 by DanJRWalsh
I guess I could download my site file and db and try running them through WAMP to see if they work or get a more accurate error. If I get no luck soon I guess I won't really have a choice lol.

More
13 years 8 months ago #16 by DanJRWalsh
This topic may be closed.

I have decided to use Agora for now, since I can use it just fine and my site is error-free once again. Kunena is an awesome forum for Joomla (probably the best) but something on my server isn't agreeing with it so for now I'll settle for Agora.

More
13 years 8 months ago #17 by sozzled
Thanks for sharing your experience and I'm sorry we weren't able to help as much as you would have liked. I wish you every success in the future and I hope that you will consider Kunena again in the future - particularly I would strongly suggest to you that you should investigate the benefits of K 1.6 and the community that has helped to make it as good as we think it is.

As I mentioned at the outset, HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors - whatever their cause - are the most infuriating and difficult problems to solve. It's because the causes are so varied (and because Joomla itself doesn't assist enough with troubleshooting) that we are unable to give precise and prescriptive remedies to deal with them. This will just have to be another unsolved mystery.

Cheers :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanJRWalsh

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #18 by DanJRWalsh
I would also like to thank you VERY much for the time and effort you put into helping me out with this problem and I will definitely use Kunena in the future!

Joomla has a small choice of forums that actually go RIGHT into it without a bridge and Kunena in my opinion anyways would be #1. If it wasn't for the fact that large forums like phpBB, myBB, vBulletin couldn't directly go into Joomla that'd be a different story because bridging and direct integration are very different

Anyways once again thanks for the help :)

Cheers B)

P.S. sorry for this extra post as I myself would consider it spam, but I just wanted to say thanks.

More
13 years 8 months ago #19 by DanJRWalsh
I want to just say that after 2 weeks of using Agora I decided to try Kunena one last time. I still had an issue. But that was with 1.5. So I downloaded and installed Kunena 1.6 and so far everything works without a problem :D

I am making Kunena my main forum again :)

Something about Kunena 1.5 didn't agree with my server

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #20 by real1
Replied by real1 on topic Re: 500 Internal Server Error
Hi, first of all thanks for the great Kunena Forum. I just wanted to reply to this topic 'cause i found the problem. Im making a website, and today i ran into the same problem as you did. Error 500 on Kunena Forum.

So basically, the problem is that you activated a module and related it to the kunena forum. So for example, you only wanted to show on the home page, you should only select that module to show on the Home menu.

Thats it! I had my "new" module select to show on all pages icluding Kunena, and that was conflicting with the forum, i select only to show on main menu/home and problem solved

Error Gone!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Best regards
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by real1.

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds