Search Results (Searched for: )

25 Feb 2009 10:30
Perhaps SHIFT+CTRL+B (for Bold) and SHIFT+CTRL+I (for Italics) is standard for the German and other versions of Microsoft Word. (???)

For as long as I can remember, CTRL+B and CTRL+I perform those functions in all English versions of MS Office products.

With Internet Explorer, pressing CTRL+B performs a similar function to Firefox's bookmarks, called "Organize Favorites" (sic).
25 Feb 2009 10:21
Thank you for solving the height issue. :)

:unsure: I'm puzzled by the auto-play behaviour of the embedded video - you say - when a user views the webpage containing the message post ( www.mandrinlearn.com/en/customized-pronu...=view&catid=2&id=1#2 ). I don't have that auto-play experience at your site; I have to click the play button on the control.
25 Feb 2009 09:34
What, specifically, were you trying to install?
25 Feb 2009 09:18
Sorry, I haven't a clue how to remove the unused/black video display. Tell your users that it's a "bonus" :laugh:
25 Feb 2009 08:40 - 25 Feb 2009 08:41
As grumblemarc said, there's no AUDIO tag in Kunena ... however:

You could embed your mpeg file like this:
Code:
[video type=mediaplayer]/images/stories/123.mp3[/video]
... this method worked for me :
25 Feb 2009 04:58
I love this website!

You guys have not only taken a very good product - Fireboard - stabilised it, enhanced it and put it within everybody's easy reach, but you've excelled in providing a meeting venue for discussing all kinds of Joomla-related matters.

Here I've found a source of information that's not only extensive, it's reliable and more credible than many of the websites managed by the developers of Joomla extensions. I don't mean that as a criticism of other websites, it's merely to highlight the fact that this site has taken an idea and allowed it to develop naturally ... with user participation as a pivotal factor of that development work.

While Kunena forums is the core "business" of this site, there's a lot of other useful information here, too, about other products. What's even better is that the people here are so generous of their time and extremely tolerant of others' differences in language, the means to express themselves, and level of technical competence. Well done!
25 Feb 2009 01:59 - 25 Feb 2009 02:05
Mr Livered wrote:

Thanks very much, I like that a lot.

Is that a standard install of Joom Gallery you have there? It integrates nicely and looks far easier to use than whatever they're using on Joomlapolis.

Did you have pre-existing users before you installed CB, and if so did the install go ok?

Many thanks again. it's very reassuring to see that.

You're most welcome, mate! :cheer:

I'm using the standard JoomGallery 1.5 RC2 (latest release) from www.en.joomgallery.net/ . To integrate this with CB, I used JoomGallery's "Gallery Tab Plugin" ( www.en.joomgallery.net/downloads/view-do...cb-gallerytab-3.html ).

I have no idea whether the Joomlapolis website uses JoomGallery.

I had developed several demonstration sites before I built the one you visited. The short answer is "yes", I had existing users (registered the standard Joomla way) before I installed CB. They were migrated into CB quite seamlessly. In the version you visited, I installed CB before I made the site available to the public. Keep this thought in mind, though: you always have at least one user before you install CB ... the site administrator!

Cheers

sozz B)
25 Feb 2009 01:34
If anyone is interested in a working demonstration of Community Builder with Kunena, you're welcome to visit www.enduring.com.au/40P_demo/ .
25 Feb 2009 00:31 - 25 Feb 2009 01:03
roland76 wrote:

Which key do you mean with ^?
Just the shiftkey or the strg-key or both?

I assume the usual convention for ^X = CTRL + X

e.g. ^I = CTRL + I

I had to do some work to find where the STRG key is. I think it's an abbreviation of the German word "Steuerung" (which translates to "steering" in English):

The standard [US] english keyboard (which we use in Australia) looks like this:

CTRL is an abbreviation of the word "control" (which has nothing to do with anything).
24 Feb 2009 15:18 - 24 Feb 2009 15:24
suman wrote:

Hello,

The Editor is very nice but a basic feature is missing and badly needed.
The Hotkeys or Shortcut keys.

I mean -
^B for BOLD
^I for ITALIC
^U for UNDERLINE

Thats all. Not all the buttons needed.

Thank you.

Absolutely spot on!

How many times have I pressed ^B, ^I and ^U when I've been composing a message in Kunena (because I'm used to the shortcut/hotkeys in Microsoft Office or just about every other rich-text editor) and I've had to backtrack my steps! Unnnghhh! Why not make it a suggestion. I would vote for it ... B)
24 Feb 2009 14:58 - 24 Feb 2009 15:04
My experience with Community Builder has been a very satisfactory one. Integrating Kunena with CB wasn't a major headache.

I agree, that the Joomlapolis website has been reticent about plans to integrate with Kunena. Whilst I'm pleased that CB 1.2 has been released as a Joomla 1.5 native extension, there are one or two features that didn't make it in the initial release, such as CAPTCHA as part of the registration process. (CAPTCHA is available for CB 1.2 provided you signup for the premium documentation service that costs €25.)

I had a couple of minor problems installing the modified "cbsimpleboardtab", CB tab for Kunena, but I found a workaround that overcame the problem .

Which makes me wonder what all the fuss seems to be about? From my perspective, Kunena works quite well alongside CB.

For my purposes, I'm quite pleased with the [tabbed] integration with other services, like Acajoom (for newsletters) and JoomGallery (for pictures). The best recommendation is to have a test site and try the software and see for yourself whether it meets your needs.
24 Feb 2009 05:34 - 24 Feb 2009 05:35
Thanks for all the great ideas for modifying the display of the Kunena/Fireboard date format (from m/d/y to other formats). I'd like to suggest that the choice of using different date formats should be a standard/core feature of Kunena in a future version.

If you're interested or would like to vote on the topic, please look here .
20 Feb 2009 02:07
Replied by sozzled on topic [file]CB tab for Kunena
The "missing directory on installation" problem is a relatively simple one to fix. Assuming that you're trying to install the CB tab plugin for Kunena 1.0.8 , create the following directories

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbkunena/
/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbkunena/joomlaboard

then install the plugin from the Community Builder plugin installation control panel.
Displaying 20326 - 20338 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 1.263 seconds