Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged [Merged topic] Kunena Web Site: What Joomla extensions are used at this website (Kunena.org)?

More
15 years 2 months ago #31 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kudos to Kunena
I love this website!

You guys have not only taken a very good product - Fireboard - stabilised it, enhanced it and put it within everybody's easy reach, but you've excelled in providing a meeting venue for discussing all kinds of Joomla-related matters.

Here I've found a source of information that's not only extensive, it's reliable and more credible than many of the websites managed by the developers of Joomla extensions. I don't mean that as a criticism of other websites, it's merely to highlight the fact that this site has taken an idea and allowed it to develop naturally ... with user participation as a pivotal factor of that development work.

While Kunena forums is the core "business" of this site, there's a lot of other useful information here, too, about other products. What's even better is that the people here are so generous of their time and extremely tolerant of others' differences in language, the means to express themselves, and level of technical competence. Well done!
The topic has been locked.
More
15 years 1 month ago #32 by Ensomnia
Replied by Ensomnia on topic Kunena Site
Hi
Was just wondering what mod/com kunena uses for the social networking cions on the blog section --> look cool, was wondering if they're in the JED.

Cheers :)
More
15 years 1 month ago #33 by Italywins
Replied by Italywins on topic Re:Kunena Site
I think Joomunity ;)
More
15 years 1 month ago #34 by MarcelP102
Replied by MarcelP102 on topic Re:Kunena Site
they use jomsocial with modified template www.jomsocial.com
More
15 years 1 month ago #35 by sozzled
There are several references on this site to "the SVN". What is it, where can one "follow it", please? :)
More
15 years 1 month ago #36 by Matias
More
15 years 1 month ago #37 by pixuk
Replied by pixuk on topic Re:Kunena Web Site
Matias wrote:

I have plans to add something like that, but go even further with it.

Sorry to drag up an old post (I came late to the party...), but if I can offer some input to any thumbing extension you're planning to add, as I ran a website which used thumbs up/down a couple of years ago, and it got a bit messy. Some users used the opportunity to simply thumb down any post by a particular user if they disagreed with them on anything else in the forum, and little squabbles would break out just over the thumbs. Eventually I removed the down thumb, and then enhanced the 'up' thumb to show a list of which users had marked a post as 'useful' (in a roll over toll-tip, as it happened). This allow me to do extra stuff with the data over time, like have a separate view of the post 'useful' posts in a category. It turned what was developing into an ugly situation of in-fighting into a positive benefit for everyone on the forum.

There's also a nice extension to the Vanilla Forum called 'Thanks' which has some similar features, but also then on a user's profile page, it also showed the number of 'thanks' they'd received from other users, which has a nice overlap with the idea of Karma.
More
15 years 1 month ago #38 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Kunena Web Site
I wasn't thinking about Karma, more like rating individual message (1-5) with some additional features. I don't like karma for the similar reasons: people are using it for wrong purpose. And to make result better we can always remove few votes from both ends. So if the post gets 2x 1, 2x 3, 4x 4, 2x 5 we could remove 2 votes from both ends and get 2x 3, 4x 4 = 3.7 where it would have been only 3.4. So the biased votes would be discarded.

Thanks would be also nice feature to have.
More
15 years 1 month ago #39 by sozzled
Matias wrote:

Take a look in here:
joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/scmsvn/

Thank you very much! SVN = "subversion" (in the sense sub-version, not the other meaning - to subvert something) - version control ...

Jargon explained! Excellent. I can monitor progress there, too! :)
More
14 years 11 months ago #40 by carterx
Replied by carterx on topic Kunena Community Software?
Probably a quick answer, but when I select the "Community" Tab, what software it that I'm seeing. Is this part of CB/Kunena that I'm seeing all tied into one. Is this part of the regular Kunena install that I can use.
Time to create page: 0.967 seconds