Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Community Builder: the right option?

More
15 years 1 month ago #11 by Terrence
Am I missing something here?

Joomunity is free (when I go to their website), but some people here say it is too expensive...?!?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #12 by core2
Are you mixing joomunity and joomsocial?

Visit the Kunena documantation .

More
15 years 1 month ago #13 by Mr Livered
Having spent time dissing the forums over at Joomlapolis, this thread appears to offer some useful advice.

Haven't tried it yet though!

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #14 by woonydanny
yes they meant jomsocial from azrul when they said joomunity

i think as well that the joomlapolis site needs a revamp. Get a new better looking and functioning forum like Kunena (then they would know the issues that occur with Kunena and CB integration!!).

Also i think the CB Paid Subscriptions system is aimed too high. It is a commercial venture that would only be useful for large sites and corporations, but then i think if a business or site with a large turnover to generate the sales of that nature would have a more custom (and probably not joomla site). I think the Paid Subscriptions could be made into a commercial licence with no ongoing costs, as otherwise it means smaller websites cant use it.

The CB team need some designers and css gurus to undertake a big templating drive and make heaps of cool templates (aka jomsocial style and more). They could do this by doing a fundraising drive then paying a designer to do it. The engine of CB is great and is stable but it doesnt "sell" itself and looks a bit outdated thats all. a revamp of the joomlapolis site as well would help, i think there is a large enough community to all chip in and fundraise more template and design work.

Anyway just some thoughts.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by woonydanny.

More
15 years 1 month ago #15 by suman
peetree21 wrote:

The CB team need some designers and css gurus to undertake a big templating drive and make heaps of cool templates (aka jomsocial style and more). They could do this by doing a fundraising drive then paying a designer to do it. The engine of CB is great and is stable but it doesnt "sell" itself and looks a bit outdated thats all. a revamp of the joomlapolis site as well would help, i think there is a large enough community to all chip in and fundraise more template and design work.

Totally Agree
Default template looks dull as if some HTML Student done it.
Also, the CSS of new CB1.2 is so so BAD that I am still staying with CB1.1.
CB1.2's CSS is totally mess specially with tables.

More
15 years 1 month ago #16 by Mr Livered
suman wrote:

What's wrong with it? Is it badly written, or difficult to customise, or what?

More
15 years 1 month ago #17 by sozzled
If anyone is interested in a working demonstration of Community Builder with Kunena, you're welcome to visit www.enduring.com.au/40P_demo/ .

More
15 years 1 month ago #18 by Mr Livered
Thanks very much, I like that a lot.

Is that a standard install of Joom Gallery you have there? It integrates nicely and looks far easier to use than whatever they're using on Joomlapolis.

Did you have pre-existing users before you installed CB, and if so did the install go ok?

Many thanks again. it's very reassuring to see that.

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #19 by sozzled
Mr Livered wrote:

Thanks very much, I like that a lot.

Is that a standard install of Joom Gallery you have there? It integrates nicely and looks far easier to use than whatever they're using on Joomlapolis.

Did you have pre-existing users before you installed CB, and if so did the install go ok?

Many thanks again. it's very reassuring to see that.

You're most welcome, mate! :cheer:

I'm using the standard JoomGallery 1.5 RC2 (latest release) from www.en.joomgallery.net/ . To integrate this with CB, I used JoomGallery's "Gallery Tab Plugin" ( www.en.joomgallery.net/downloads/view-do...cb-gallerytab-3.html ).

I have no idea whether the Joomlapolis website uses JoomGallery.

I had developed several demonstration sites before I built the one you visited. The short answer is "yes", I had existing users (registered the standard Joomla way) before I installed CB. They were migrated into CB quite seamlessly. In the version you visited, I installed CB before I made the site available to the public. Keep this thought in mind, though: you always have at least one user before you install CB ... the site administrator!

Cheers

sozz B)
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
15 years 1 month ago #20 by beat
suman wrote:

peetree21 wrote:

Totally Agree

:) thanks for the compliments on the engine, that's where our focus was for over a year.
:( yes, we still have some work on the look

CB 1.2's CSS html-markup has been improved over CB 1.1, with the help of a (paid) professional designer. B)

There is a new MyCommunity template too (commercial) as result of those improvements (which will hopefully help paying back for the investment in the designer, as well as help doing more improvements).

Anyway, as I'm surprised about the critics on css markup, could you please give exact things which you see being wrong ? ;)

We will gladly fix/improve it. :)

Beat B)
CB Team

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds