Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Merged Phpbb 3.0.1.0. to Kunena 2.0

More
10 years 8 months ago #41 by GlennP
Replied by GlennP on topic Phpbb 3.0.1.0. to Kunena 2.0
Hi,

That sounds like a great service, but could you confirm which version of phpBB you went from and which version of Kunena you transferred it to?

I currently use phpBB 3.0.11 and would like to migrate to Kunena. Ideally, I'd like to install the latest version of Kunena rather than start from 1.7 and then do multiple upgrades in order to reach the latest version.

Cheers
Glenn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #42 by mwolf
Replied by mwolf on topic Phpbb 3.0.1.0. to Kunena 2.0
well at the time it was 3.0.1.0 as it is written
I really do not aspect that there will be migration tool soon if ever ... ma by if you ofer to pay someone, and that you need ask on www.kunena.org/forum/custom-work-offering-to-pay

So have 2 options, to start fresh with kunena 3.02 or to try to migrate yourself on test site, and to be prepared that you will have some glitches, which you really need to spend extra time to tune it all up.

good luck either way :).

kunena is the way to go be sure of it.

More
10 years 8 months ago #43 by Jiminimonka

GlennP wrote: Hi,

That sounds like a great service, but could you confirm which version of phpBB you went from and which version of Kunena you transferred it to?

I currently use phpBB 3.0.11 and would like to migrate to Kunena. Ideally, I'd like to install the latest version of Kunena rather than start from 1.7 and then do multiple upgrades in order to reach the latest version.

Cheers
Glenn

Once you migrate to Kunena 1.7, you can simply install Kunena 3.0.2 (or whichever is the latest version) and it will upgrade your Kunena automatically and in less than 30 seconds.

I am not sure if user "carryblk" is just trying to advertise a website, as he doesn't state what he was migrating from or to, and Kunena is not a CMS, its a forum component. Also the site he linked looks like it charges money as well.

Are you using phpBB on Joomla? If so what version of Joomla?

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
10 years 8 months ago #44 by GlennP
Hi,

Here's the situation.

I had an old static website, within the site I installed phpBB in a folder "forum", so the url to the forum is www.aussieclubfootkids.org/forum .

We recently wanted to update the website and decided to move to a Joomla framework. I didn't want to touch the forum at that stage so left it as it is.

So currently we have the new site (Joomla 3.1.5) and sitting within the root of the site is the old phpBB "forum" folder.

I'd like to install Kunena and migrate the forum over so that it is all within the Joomla framework. The main reason is that it will make the look of the site more streamlined.

So to answer your question, phpBB currently has nothing to do with Joomla other than the fact that it shares the root folder of the site.

Glenn

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #45 by Jiminimonka
I would (and have) install a local Joomla 2.5, install Kunena 1.7, migrate your phpBB over to kunena with the migration tool. Then you can upgrade Kunena to version 3.0.2, and migrate it over to your Joomla 3.1.5 site.

Read my post here which should help with the migration for Kunena.

Any problems, I will see what I can do (going out now so wont be able to reply for a while).

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Jiminimonka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FidelGonzales

More
10 years 8 months ago #46 by GlennP
May be a silly question, but are the passwords for each user imported with the importer tool?

Time to create page: 0.643 seconds