Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

Solved Cross-Origin Request Blocked when editing a post on cke4.ckeditor.com/ck

More
2 years 8 months ago #230491 by rich

• Can I just delete that initial Kunena Menu (just to clean up) or I should keep it as a template, if needed?

Yes, you can delete it, it is unnecessary in this case.

• In the forum Main Home, the Menu Item ownership is lost (no active state), and also the page banner?
— Curiously, in Edition mode, the correct Main Menu Item ownership is back (with its active state), and also the page banner.


Is this banner module assigned to all Kunena menu items? I can't find the correct banner module, but have found the large banner (from Home) and it is also displayed on Kunena pages when assigned.

Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #230501 by Chacapamac

Is this banner module assigned to all Kunena menu items?

Probably not, the banner is generated by the Menu Item itself (given by the Astroid Framework), not a module.

Doesn’t matter that, I probably can fix that by adding the banner option to the Kunena Menu items

What really matter is the lost of the Joomla Main Menu Item “Forum” —>  “Active State”
— The same happen with all different Main Top Kunena Menu Items


I know, I can “force” the “Active” state to stay on the  Joomla Main Menu Item “Forum” but I’m worry it damage the SEO logic of the Forum?

 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #230515 by rich

— Curiously, in Edition mode, the correct Main Menu Item ownership is back (with its active state), and also the page banner.

Probably, the uncompressed files are accessed in edit mode and the compressed in normal mode.
Does your Joomla template use its own cache or a compression tool?
It would be interested to know where the forum gets the css and js information from when it is accessed. I have blocked all css and js files with my browser tool, but the forum is still accessed and the layout is not destroyed (which it should be without css an js).

I know, I can “force” the “Active” state to stay on the  Joomla Main Menu Item “Forum” but I’m worry it damage the SEO logic of the Forum?

This definitely makes no sense if the menu items are not actually active. And in this case they aren't.

Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #230530 by Chacapamac
First, I fix the Banner problem. You can see it loading now on the Kunena “Index” menu —> www.graf-test.ca/index.php/forum-fr/index-fr
— I just have to add the banner to each Kunena Menu types

I will try to respond to your questions the best way possible....

Does your Joomla template use its own cache or a compression tool?

— For now, Joomla cache is off and no compression plugins or templates tools are used
— The only cache is the template compiled CSS files in the media > templates > site > MyTemplate folder > css
Also, Joomla “Friendly URL” and mod-Rewrite are on with a basic Joomla .htaccess ( I try mod-Rewrite OFF + no .htaccess = no difference in URL or Active state of the top level “Forum Menu.)

Probably, the uncompressed files are accessed in edit mode and the compressed in normal mode.

— Not sure I can help here?

• I made some test for what is loading or not

Here, you will see that the Active state work on the —> Main “Forum” Menu item —> www.graf-test.ca/forum-fr
Because I put back the Kunena top level “Forum” menu item pointing back to the Kunena Menu Item Type —>  Home Page
and the “Default Menu Item” to the Kunena Menu —> “Forum (fr-FR)”
—
If I put it back to Kunena “Index(fr-FR)” (like you show me) I loose the Active State on the —> Main “Forum” Menu item —> www.graf-test.ca/forum-fr

— The Kunena “Post” and “Edit” work with the Active Main “Forum” Menu Item with both above settings

All the website CSS and JS seem to load correctly  in:
— Main “Forum” Menu item
—>
www.graf-test.ca/forum-fr
— Kunena “Post” —>  www.graf-test.ca/forum-fr/questions-gene...af-welcome-to-graf#2
— and “Edit” —>  www.graf-test.ca/forum-fr/questions-gene...lcome-to-graf/edit/1

Fore sure, I can see additional css and js loading on top of the base code files that are related to Kunena “Post” and “Edit” pages

The only problem persisting
is the lost of the Active state when clicking all top Kunena Menu items
 


 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #230541 by rich

Probably, the uncompressed files are accessed in edit mode and the compressed in normal mode.

— Not sure I can help here?

In principle, you can test it by renaming the compressed file. Then either the uncompressed file should be accessed or a new min css will be created.
I was on your test site again today, your menu items all seem to be fine, except the Kunena menu items home are linking to themselves again.
But how do you map the menu items to your joomla template?  
I switched your Joomla template once to see if the error occurs everywhere, and after switching back only two menu items are displayed at the top, even though I hadn't changed anything in your template.

Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #230545 by Chacapamac
To assign Menus to Templates

Go to JoomlaTemplates Style

 
— Click one of these template

— Go to the “Menu Assignment” tab to assign menus
 


 I revised completely the menus (English & French)
• I put back the Kunena “Forum” main menu at “index (fr-FR)” liked you say before
 


• Both Joomla Main Menu “Forum” item point to theKunena “Forum” main menu
 



Now everything seem to work ok but I lost the Top Kunena menu?
 
 
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Chacapamac.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds