Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged K 3.0 buttons display constant names

More
10 years 7 months ago #31 by Jiminimonka
Where are the forums on your site? After getting past the warning that say your website is untrusted and well dodgy and don't go near it, I come to a website that has no FORUM menu among the other menus.

I suggest you work out why the internet thinks your website is a security risk to browsers as well.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #32 by paurray
I suggest you work out why the internet thinks your website is a security risk to browsers as well.

thanks for the info.

I have no idea why this is happening. I will try to investigate!

For me http always worked and https never worked.

Maybe you clicked on a https Link?

With respect to the forum I turned of the page as it was not working.

I went into the back end with a view to turning every thing back on.

The first thing I did was went to Components/Kunena. I just wanted to familarise myself with the Component before turning it back on.

And I got the following error!

See screen shot "KunenaWeirdness01"

Then I decided to uninstall again and got this:

JFTP: :mkdir: Bad response
JFTP: :chmod: Bad response
JFTP: :write: Bad response

Uninstalling plugin was successful.

There are no extensions installed matching your query

And decided to install again...

This time version 3.0.2

But with the same result

I can not figure out how to PM you!

Can you please write to paul(at)paurray.de

Maybe you have some ideas.

best

Paul
Attachments:

More
10 years 7 months ago #33 by iaendo
I just recently installed the latest Kunena (3.0.2) on a Joomla 2.5.14 site using the latest Community Builder (v1.9). Installation went without a hitch. No errors reported.

I, too, am having the previously reported issue regarding the COM strings instead of the proper buttons. This is occurring in several places: 1) during backend menu item creation 2) the backend menu under the component admin, and 3) front end category navigation.

Please see the attached images.

All other components are working perfectly. This is a problem only with Kunena.

I only have one language file (default English). No templates have been installed.

i have not attempted any configuration or integration with Community Builder. I thought it would be better to resolve this issue first.

Attached is the config log.

If there is any known solution, I would be very grateful to see it. Thanks,

Jon

---

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : coolness | author: jh! design | version: 1.3 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.2 | creationdate: 2013-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9 | UddeIM 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Attachments:

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #34 by base
I just upgraded from Kunena 2 to 3 and now have code instead of "important" and "solved" images - see attached.

I also now see other code instead of what I ought to be seeing

what do I need to do to get this working properly?

thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by base.

More
10 years 7 months ago #35 by iaendo
I'm not sure if I have shared the solution to my problem on this forum, so I thought I would on this thread just in case.

Turns out the solution involved installing Kunena from URL instead of from a downloaded file. Doing so completely resolved every issue I had.

I suppose the installations from file were corrupted or prevented due to a file size max being exceeded... not sure. All I know now is the buttons are all working and displaying properly after the URL install.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #36 by 9themestore
Hi base,

Are you using the template of the JoomForest club? So I think, you can request support from the JoomForest club.

Regards

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by 9themestore.

More
10 years 7 months ago #37 by sozzled

iaendo wrote: Turns out the solution involved installing Kunena from URL instead of from a downloaded file. Doing so completely resolved every issue I had.

Thus is, in fact, the procedure recommended in the K 3.0 Installatin Guide .

The reason that this is the recommended method is not that the other methods do not work; it's because some webhosting services do not give their users enough resources to allow sufficient time or memory for the installation process to work properly in every case. The K 3.0 installation package is big; the developers have done everything possible to compact the installation package into the smallest possible size - below 2 Mb in total - because some hosted environments have "difficulty" in working with the kind of processing that's involved. Over the past four years we must have dealt with hundreds of cases where people have tried all assortments of ways to install software on their websites and, in the end, we've tried to come up with a one-size-fits-all solution. No doubt there will even be exceptions to this solution but, nonetheless, it seems to be the most practical one ... or at least the one that causes the least trouble.

When in doubt, read the installation/guide; use the recommended approach; keep things simple; start with the basics.

We recommend that people use the "Upgrade from URL" method to install or upgrade Kunena.

I think this now resolves this matter..

More
10 years 6 months ago #38 by aklisiewicz
After upgrading to the latest version
my buttons (which are actually on TABS) have changed and show up srange and ugly text
i.e. COM_KUNENA_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY

it looks terrible and most new users will think this might be a virus etc.
I'm using minimally modified template. The only changes I made to the template were colors, but I tried to switch back to the default template and no success.

Any ideas on how to fix it ?

Arthur

More
10 years 6 months ago #39 by 9themestore
Hi,

I think you should update some changes of the new version to your current template. I can help you re-check it, if you send me the your site information via email ([email protected]).

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
10 years 6 months ago #40 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

aklisiewicz: I think you will probably find the answer here in this topic.

Time to create page: 0.642 seconds