Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question Kunena Forum not found (class)

More
6 years 4 months ago #1 by Cyrusxxxx
I have noticed something during installation of Kunena 5.0.12, it installs and works but after installation I see error "Kunena Forum not found (class)".

I would disregarded that message but then I remembered that same thing happend during installation of 5.1 beta and latest night build when I was testing it.
prnt.sc/hf07gf

Joomla 3.8.2
PHP 7.1.4
Database Version 5.6.32-78.1

I am reporting this just in case...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic Kunena Forum not found (class)
I have this already since a long time (on multiple sites): www.kunena.org/forum/k4-0-kunena-support...t-found-class#170334
Never really looked into it, I think it is related to another extension or plugin that is 'extending' or working with Kunena.
I recently noticed that I didn't have the message on one of my sites where Joocial Autotweet was NOT installed. (Joocial has a plugin that auto creates a tweet when a topic is created).

Did you have this message before? Have you installed other extensions in the meantime?

sharing = caring

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #3 by Cyrusxxxx
Hello ruud actually I am using Joocial also, do you think it is related to its plugin for kunena?

But let me test this further, I will disable Joocial plugin and do install again.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Cyrusxxxx.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #4 by ruud
I really don't know: it is hard to trouble shoot.
My gutt feeling says that this is an installer issue only. I have never encountered a (kunena) issue on one of the sites that gave this message.

Just updated my own support forum (also with Joocial) and didn't get this message... on this site, the plugin "System - AutotweetKunena" is disabled.
I think that the issue is in that plugin.

sharing = caring
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by ruud.

More
6 years 4 months ago #5 by Cyrusxxxx
Yes after disabling kunena plugin from Joocial installing vent without errors. When enabled plugin again error was there when installing kunena.

Btw have you noticed any issues when you got that error in functionality of forum or Joocial?

More
6 years 4 months ago #6 by ruud
No, no issues :) I think it is installer only.

I think that the Joocial team should look into this, because what this looks like is that they have implemented their functionality not in a correct way and that eventually will give issues.

Unfortunately I have no subscription to Joocial anymore so I cannot create a support ticket :(

sharing = caring

More
6 years 4 months ago #7 by Cyrusxxxx
Dont worry I will report it to Joocial.

The important thing is that there is no issues.

More
6 years 4 months ago #8 by ruud
Top :)

sharing = caring

More
6 years 4 months ago #9 by Cyrusxxxx
Hello ruud, I got response from Joocial team here is the answer:

Hi,

Thank you for reporting. The plugin has a dependency on Kunena.

To avoid the message during installation of Kunena, we recommend disabling the plugin in the process to upgrade, or simply ignore it until the installation is completed.

We can't remove it since it prevents the execution of the plugin when Kunena is no longer installed.

Best Regards,

More
6 years 4 months ago #10 by ruud
Hi Cyrusxxxx, Good to hear it is installation warning only. The solution they provide is not 'subscription-worthy' IMO :S

sharing = caring

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds