Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Purple Pirate Template for Kunena 5 (blue eagle lookalike)

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1 by Tomzie
Hi there,

I am creating a new template for Kunena 5. It is a customised version of the Crypsis template, made to look more like the Blue Eagle template from Kunena 4. Let's call it Purple Pirate. ;)

Installation instructions:
Go to your Kunena templates in your Backoffice (Components/Kunena/Templates), press New and upload the zip package.
OR simply unzip the package and upload it to your website via ftp (/components/com_kunena/template)

File Attachment:

File Name: purple_pirate.zip
File Size:591 KB

All feedback is appreciated. It is still a work in progress.
In the list(s) below you can see what is still to be done. Please help me to complete this list.

To Do (prior): (things I need for my own website)
  • Add a parameter/config to hide certain user group ID from all views (handle users from this group as anonymous users)
  • Make all pagination look the same on all pages
  • Style the search widget box
  • Style the moderation views
  • Style the e-mail templates
  • Style the polls
  • Style the social icons
  • Move all custom.css to designated less and css files (clean up the template so custom.css is empty again)

To Do (extra): (stuff that I do not need in my scenario)
  • Customize the Kunena menu
  • Finish customizing al profile tabs
  • Style modules

The template is compatible with all Kunena 5 versions.
Updates will follow...

Don't forget to backup before upgrading to Kunena 5 and installing this template. You might not like it and want to go back to K4!
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Tomzie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, Djie, makotosun, churruka, shoulders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by paul123
This is looking great. We have a user who is very keen to get on Kunena 5, but has users who are terrified of change! This template will be just the ticket. I've just given it a first test and it is working really well. Can't wait to see the updates to follow. Thanks for your work on this.

More
7 years 4 months ago #3 by Tomzie
Hi Paul123,

My pleasure. It is fun to work on.
If you find any bugs, or have any suggestions, please let me know.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by 810
End of november/begin december there will be a extended blue_eagle5 (paid) template.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomzie, shoulders

More
7 years 4 months ago #5 by Tomzie
That's great news. I will wait for it, maybe it will provide a better solution.

More
7 years 4 months ago #6 by joomleb
Well, just to stay tuned on this great news...

More
7 years 3 months ago #7 by chiller99
This is great!!
Thank you very much.

I have a suggestion, can you make also "new subject"on top of the page? In the purple pirate there is only on the bottom. :)

More
7 years 3 months ago #8 by Tomzie
Hi There, thanks!
To answer to your question:

I have tried. But for now I can not. Purple Pirate template is a rebuild of the Crypsis template. In the Crypsis there are no buttons on the bottom of the page, only on the top. I have just moved them down because in this construction it would be between the table purple header and the actual table, not above the purple header.

If you want to see it in action, maybe you will see some solution I missed:
Add the code below via ftp in /components/com_kunena/template/purple_pirate/layouts/category/item/default.php
Do it on line 18, just above <?php if ($this->category->headerdesc) : ?>
Code:
<?php if ($categoryActions) : ?> <div class="kcatactionstop"><?php echo implode($categoryActions); ?></div> <?php endif; ?>

You will see the buttons floating inside the table, not above. :S
If I find a solution, I will come back to it.

More
7 years 3 months ago #9 by Nemo10
Well done, would have loved to have seen it a couple of months ago but of course that wasn't possible.

While I'm happy enough with Crypsis for my own site it's certainly well worth watching the pirate as he progresses and provide some feedback as you request.

With the text editing window the buttons appear to have what I saw early on after K5 was released, those blue >> between the buttons. Presumably something to do with spacing but they were removed as the sub-versions emerged.

Keep up the great work!

Oh for a neat solution...
Attachments:

More
7 years 3 months ago #10 by Tomzie
Hi Nemo10, thanks.

Just to be sure, there is no suggestion or bug report in your reply?
Your screenshots show nothing related to this template..

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds