Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Loved WYSIWYG BBCode editor

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #61 by thijk
Replied by thijk on topic WYSIWYG BBCode editor
Hi,

I have been playing around with wysibb editor (version 1.5.0) with Joomla 2.5 and the latest Kunena 3.0.5

I have managed to get the editor working on the message text field (to some degree in its default state) without any core hacks to any code (so far - touch wood).

I have it working quite well but the editor icons come through as squares - see attached for what I mean.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Is it the link to the font type that's broken or the icons.png file or something else? I have some time to work on it this week so if I can get some feedback I can contribute to getting a working solution very soon.

I look forward to hearing from anyone.

Thanks,
Dan
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by thijk. Reason: Didn't attach image

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #62 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic WYSIWYG BBCode editor
I offered to demonstrate the feasibility of modifying the BBcode toolbar a couple of weeks ago.

That offer is contingent on utilising my professional services.

More
9 years 11 months ago #63 by thijk
Replied by thijk on topic WYSIWYG BBCode editor
Thanks for the reply sozzled, but I was referring to fixing the broken links on WysiBB editor that I have integrated with Kunena, not the standard BBCode editor that is included with Kunena.

Regards,
Dan

More
9 years 11 months ago #64 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic WYSIWYG BBCode editor
I know nothing about the "wysibb" editor, sorry. Good luck in finding an answer.

More
9 years 11 months ago #65 by cotswoldphoto
Replied by cotswoldphoto on topic WYSIWYG BBCode editor

cotswoldphoto wrote: It had to take a back seat to my paying work for a few days. I should be able to start at it again tomorrow.

Well, work got to be pretty much full time again. I have gotten so far and unfortunately I don't have the time, and am unlikely to get the time in the coming months. What I propose to do is make a zip file of what I have done, which has a working demo, for any of you who want to take it further. I will make the archive file tomorrow, which is a public holiday here in the UK, and upload it.

I am sorry I didn't have time to finish it :-(

Maybe it will be of use. If no-one picks it up, I may be able to take another look in August.

There is always tomorrow. If there isn't, why worry? The world must be about to end!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
9 years 10 months ago #66 by cotswoldphoto
Hi folks

I put a demo version of the code so far here:

www.cotswoldphoto.co.uk/kunena_ckeditor/...code/dev/bbcode.html

The top windows show what you would see in the Post textarea in Kunena. The window below is what CK Editor is actually writing (i.e. this should be what Kunena expects to see).

Type in the top window and see the bottom window re-coding it.

In essence, I had it mostly working. Except that Left, right, justify and center paragraphs are done not with tags, but with divs and inline style. As the code strips out divs, that meant going back into the code to alter where it stripped out the divs ... About a week's work I would think.

My problem is that the site this is on has switched from a Joomla + Kunena + Virtuemart platform to a WordPress + bbPress + WooCommerce platform, so that is what I cam coding right now. Going faster than I thought so far.

I will isolate the files I have edited in CK Editor and post these as an archive file as soon as I can.

There is always tomorrow. If there isn't, why worry? The world must be about to end!

More
9 years 9 months ago #67 by newdaymedia
Replied by newdaymedia on topic WYSIWYG BBCode editor
I have been looking for this exact integration (CKeditor in Kunena) for one of our client's sites. We would be willing to pay for getting this editor integration done on that site. Would that help finish up this project? Is there a way I can contact you about that?

More
9 years 9 months ago #68 by cotswoldphoto
Hi

I will take a look at it this weekend, as a heatwave is expected and I don't go outside during hot weather.

More
9 years 9 months ago #69 by newdaymedia
Replied by newdaymedia on topic WYSIWYG BBCode editor
I just wanted to see if you have had a chance to work anymore on the editor. I know you mentioned earlier in the thread about posting a file with what you have so far. I did not see that attachment anywhere, if you could post that, perhaps we could get someone to finish it up so we could use it for our project.

More
9 years 9 months ago #70 by cotswoldphoto
I have had a quick look again at it, but the next stage is more than I have time for. I will bundle up the files etc and put something up here over the weekend, also with an explanation as to how it works and what needs doing.

The project, as it were, is in 2 parts. The first is to get the editor working on a dummy page where the editor replaces a textarea on the page by placing an iframe over the textarea (hiding it). What happens is that you edit in the iframe, and the editor code translates that to Kunena bbcode and puts this, as you type, in the now hidden textarea. Similarly, if you are going to edit a post, Kunena puts the bbcode into the textarea, and the editor translates this to WYSIWYG code for the iframe. A 2 way process.

Translating the Kunena bbocde into the editor WYSIWYG oode was not so hard. However, in the editor iframe, you will have html tags (like bold), paragraphs and divs. The divs are used for such things as text alignment, and the div has some inline style. It is this latter div with style code that is hard to do. the current editor, as I have it, simply strips out all divs. It needs to do a select case before doing that, to only conditionally strip out divs.

Maybe inspiration will hit me as I check over the code before uploading it.

The second stage is to then splice it all into the Kunena page code. I am sure others can do this.

Time to create page: 0.583 seconds