Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Loved WYSIWYG BBCode editor

More
10 years 4 days ago #41 by cotswoldphoto
Replied by cotswoldphoto on topic WYSIWYG BBCode editor
Superscript and subscript now tested OK. Horizontal Rule next. This will be a bit harder.

There is always tomorrow. If there isn't, why worry? The world must be about to end!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #42 by cotswoldphoto
Well, horizontal rule is now done. It took hours. The problem was that it is an empty tag. My sandbox demo sort of works with the hr tag.

The sandbox has an editor box, and the hr works there OK, and the hidden textarea with BBCode in also gets it when you insert, but I have a textarea you can see the underlying bbcode, and that waits for you to move the cursor before it updates to show the newly inserted hr.

On to the next tag. I think I will do the smilies next.

There is always tomorrow. If there isn't, why worry? The world must be about to end!
Last edit: 10 years 3 days ago by cotswoldphoto.

More
10 years 3 days ago #43 by GJSchaller
Replied by GJSchaller on topic WYSIWYG BBCode editor
This is awesome - thank you, VERY much, for your efforts!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

More
10 years 2 days ago #44 by cotswoldphoto
Just thought I would update y'all.

The smiley plugin is quite a bit of work. I should have it finished tomorrow, then I will look to integrate the Kunena css files, and then start on another (one of the few left) function. The list to do gets smaller.

More
10 years 2 days ago #45 by alexdevine
Replied by alexdevine on topic WYSIWYG BBCode editor
Thank you for the effort you are putting into this :)

Really looking forward to testing it.

More
10 years 2 days ago #46 by cotswoldphoto
The bit I am working on right now is the smilies. Let me explain.

CKEditor comes with a smiley plugin. It uses its own smiley images that are in a sub-folder of the smiley plugin folder. So, first problem is to persuade the plugin to use the smilies in the Kunena media folder. Not so hard.

The plugin assumes bbcode symmetry to an image (only one BBcode tag per image). The problem is that Kunena has multiple BBCodes per smiley. This means re-coding the CKEditor plugin to handle multiple codes per image mapping (each smilie bbcode needs to be put through RegExp to escape code any symbol that is reserved.

Finally, the CKEditor plugin requires the user to edit the javascript if you want to change the default smilies. I need to get the plugin to use the settings set by the admin in the Kunena Icons back end administration page.

I had to stop yesterday as my head was spinning. A good night's sleep and a plan of action laid out in my head. Now I am coding it.

More
10 years 2 days ago #47 by cotswoldphoto
Crikey, this is hard.

Getting the plugin to use the Kunena smilies was simply setting a config path variable in the calling html document.

After many hours (way too many), I have now managed to program asymmetric bbcode to smiley lookup (the 2nd bit on the smiley 'to do' list). The finished version will need to call these lists from the #_kunena_smileys table in the Joomla database, but for now I have hand coded them.

Anyway, as much as I can do has now been done. The final version will need some work in the Kunena back end so that, when the user alters the smiley settings, the Kunena php code re-writes the javascript bbcode and smiley plugins. Shouldn't be hard to write. Later for that. The actual coding of smilies for Kunena is done.

I am going to take a look at incorporating the Kunena css code now.

More
10 years 2 days ago #48 by korg007
Replied by korg007 on topic WYSIWYG BBCode editor
You're working very hard on this one! Thanks from us all.
Really looking forward to being able to add images easily.

This has been the major issue... from my clients.
Thanks again for all your efforts :)

More
10 years 1 day ago #49 by cotswoldphoto
Whilst it has indeed been both hard and time consuming, I am over the top and on the way down, as it were.

I am going to try what I have got on my live site tonight and tomorrow. I shan't post it here as yet, as there is much I want to do:

1. Get the css and images file path variables working on a live site.
2. Get the quote, quote with citation, spoiler, hide and confidential tags working (they are pretty much done, but the css needs to be fully functional before I can test for sure).

Then show you the test page for comments.

Then ...

1. Manually install and test it as a joomla plugin and then make an installer for it.
2. Make and manually install a Kunena plugin
3. Then integrate it properly with Kunena (means a few hacks to the Kunena files).

Still a way to go.

The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny

More
10 years 1 day ago #50 by cotswoldphoto
OMG the css has been driving me bonkers. So, here I am testing a forum page with the new editor in. I use Firefox Object Inspect and can see that the editable area is indeed an iframe with another page in it. It has the correct css files loading. So, I edit the css and refresh the whole page. No change. I hit Ctrl+F5 to force the cache for the page to purge and re-load the css files from new. No change. Because the css file is in an iframe, the Ctrl+F5 does not purge the cache of the iframe's css files!!

Using the Firefox Web Developer toolbar, I switch off caching. NOW it works. Spent hours on that little beauty. You live and learn.

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds