Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved How can I change category and topic icons in Kunena 4.0.7 ??

More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by ventluc
Hello!!

I have installed Joomla 3.4.5 and Kunena 4.0.7 forum. In Kunena I would like to change icons of my topics and categories for both Blue Eagles and Crypsis templates (for example I would like to use an heart icon for the category "Love"), but I don't know how to do it!! About this issue in this forum I found only old posts related to old versions of Kunena or with broken links....have someone more updated information to solve this problem?

Then I have another question: if for the front-end (for both Blue Eagles and Crypsis templates) no specific icon is associated to each category ( icons are used only for the topics). In fact if I use the above templates Kunena shows only a text label to specify a category: so how could I associate an icon for each category too?

Thanks a lot.

Luca

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
for Categories (only crypsis):
- open the category manager - edit category - enter css class for icon

for topic icons:
- open the category manager - edit category - edit topic icons*
*icons + xml should be in media\kunena\topic_icons\your_custom
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by 810.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3 by ventluc

810 wrote: for Categories (only crypsis):

Can you explain me better? I mean:

1) If I have understood well do I need to create a new css class for icon? Am i right? If yes, in which file must I put the new css class? How can I set the new css class in the category manager? Where can I find the default css class so that I can modify it?
2) How can I change category icons for Blue Eagle template?

810 wrote: for topic icons:
- open the category manager - edit category - edit topic icons*
*icons + xml should be in media\kunena\topic_icons\your_custom

A question: in the category manager I haven't a section for the topic icons!!! Which section do you refer to?

Thanks a lot,

Luca

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #4 by loppan

ventluc wrote: A question: in the category manager I haven't a section for the topic icons!!! Which section do you refer to?

Thanks a lot,

Luca

Categories / Edit Category / Category settings tab, at the bottom. Find it? :)

However, I still cannot get this to work, truly grateful if someone could point out what I'm doing wrong :). I'm only trying to change the default topic icon.

I'm using crypsis with fontawesome.

Let's say I'd like to change the default topic icon for my "News"-category. I have selected "Default" in the "Topic Icons" setting above, so I go edit media/kunena/topic_icons and change row 15 :

<icon id="0" name="default" published="1" b2="file" b3="file" fa="file" title="COM_KUNENA_ICON_DEFAULT" src="user/default.png" />

to :

<icon id="0" name="default" published="1" b2="file" b3="file" fa="file" title="COM_KUNENA_ICON_DEFAULT" src="user/default.png" />

But when I view my category in the frontend, the previous default topic icon is shown :

Using Chrome Developer it says that the icon class is fa fa-file fa-2x. Where is this defined?

Best

Peter
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by loppan.

More
8 years 2 months ago #5 by 810
then you need to change the fa="file" to fa="comment" or something, depends which icon you want: See fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/

More
8 years 2 months ago #6 by antonio123

Can you elaborate? I’m also trying to figure this out.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #7 by loppan

810 wrote: then you need to change the fa="file" to fa="comment" or something, depends which icon you want: See fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/

Oops, sorry, wrong copy / paste :).

Let's say I still want a newspaper as the default topic icon in my News-category, so I'll edit the xml-file accordingly :

<icon id="0" name="default" published="1" b2="file" b3="file" fa="newspaper-o" title="COM_KUNENA_ICON_DEFAULT" src="user/default.png" />

By moderating a message we can confirm that the change took effect :

All good so far. But when I go back to category view, all old threads still have the previous "file" topic icon :

I'd like to change these as well - to my new default topic icon - but I cannot figure out where this icon is defined?

Truly grateful for some advice as usual :).

Many thanks in advance!

Peter
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by loppan.

More
8 years 2 months ago #8 by 810
there is a bug in kunena, you see the icon type from the last category.

but if you use just 1 topic icon set for all, then this looks like cache.

So try to clean cache.
The following user(s) said Thank You: loppan

More
8 years 2 months ago #9 by loppan

810 wrote: there is a bug in kunena, you see the icon type from the last category.

but if you use just 1 topic icon set for all, then this looks like cache.

So try to clean cache.

Thanks 810,

I am indeed using ony 1 topic icon set for all categories, but unfortunately, it did not help to clear the cache :unsure:.

I have searched in all kunena files after a reference to "fa-file" but cannot find it anywhere. So I really don't know where to go from here :ohmy:.

More
8 years 2 months ago #10 by 810

antonio123 wrote:

Can you elaborate? I’m also trying to figure this out.

This feature is for template that using bootstrap or fontawesome, or any other framework with icons.

So for example if you use a bootstrap template, then enter like icon-home for the home icon, or icon-star for an star icon ect.

But if you want to use a own icon/image. Then you need to create a css property with
Code:
.own-icon { background-image: yourfile.jpg; height:32px; weight:32px; }
]

then enter at option: own-icon

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds