Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Change header background color

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #1 by pamZGS
I am specifically having an issue trying to change the colour of my header background

I have inserted the following code into my template custom.css
Code:
#Kunena .kblock div.kheader { background-color: #9684B4; border-bottom-color: rgb(201, 189, 221); color:rgb(200, 255, 255); }
with and without "! important" but Kunena's is taking precedence.

Please advise,
Pam
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Minor changes to improve layout and meaning

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Pam.

There's a couple of things I think we should look at.

Have you defined, for those categories where you want to use a different custom colour, that you actually want to use a different colour? You do this by using different CSS suffixes (as mentioned in Kunena 1.6 - "Cats" (not the musical)
).

To customise these colours, it may help to see How do you change category background colours in Blue Eagle template? .

Whether or not these things work for you may be an entirely different matter, of course.

To answer another question you asked, elsewhere on the forum, about how to post your configuration report, I suggest you look at the FAQs page (see the menu item at the top of this page) which explains how to go about these things. I hope this helps.

By the way, congratulations about discovering how to create a new topic. ;)
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by pamZGS
lol :P
thanks, I will look at those links you suggested.
Pam

More
10 years 11 months ago #4 by pamZGS
Thanks again,

I have successfully changed category color(krow1 for instance)--but there is a "!important" in the kunena code that my custom.css can't override.

can you look at the images I posted and tell me the location of that file if I need to modify directly? firebug is only showing inline.css

thanks
Pam

More
10 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
Good luck and remember, when asking a question on this forum, it really does save many hours (sometimes days) of everyone's time if you post your configuration report when you ask questions here. ;)

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
We know nothing about your website. Therefore, to answer your question, the only information I can offer you is to read My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ...

I hope you understand the position that you have placed us in.

Do you want to change the category background or do you want to change something else? Maybe I have misunderstood your question? :dry: Perhaps it may also help if you posted an image of the specific area of your Kunena template that you want to change the background colour of? Depending on the Kunena template you are using (your configuration report will provide us with that information) the change may be easier to do without having to modify any CSS at all!
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 11 months ago #7 by pamZGS
HI, Yes, I don't want to change the category but color of "kheader"

Website is www.zero-g-solutions.com/dev_copy/index.php/spark-cafe
Kunena 2.0, Joomla 2.5.11

here is what I would like to change:

the kheader background where "Main Forum" is. as you can see in the image - Kunena has the code !important --any of my attempts to modify it in my templates custom.css (with and without "! important" in my code) has no effect.

Firebug only shows inline.css for Kunena's code - not the actual file location.
Attachments:

More
10 years 11 months ago #8 by sozzled
Yes, I completely misunderstood the question. If I had seen your configuration report and a picture of what part of the page refers to "#Kunena .kblock div.kheader", then I would have answered the question sooner.

It is a pity that you have not worked out how to post your configuration report but we probably do not need that now. This is the solution:

To change the Forum Header Background colour if you are using the K 2.0 Blue Eagle template:

1. Use the Kunena Template Manager
  2. Select the Blue Eagle 2.0 template
  3. Change the Parameter Setting for Forum Header Background
The following user(s) said Thank You: guidofto

More
10 years 11 months ago #9 by pamZGS
thanks so much -- I had made modifications in that area-- don't know how I missed it!!

again, thanks for your tending to this solution.
Pam

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds