Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Kunena 1.6 - a moderator's view

More
14 years 1 month ago #61 by CheechDogg
HAHA! nice! I like this time options thingy. Should really help out some of us that get stuck on stupid over the date formats. Good stuff Kunena Dev. Team.....keep it coming!

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 1 month ago #62 by Cerberus
kunena 1.6 is looking awesome cant wait to get me hand on it and see if it really is goin to be a massive step forward for my gaming communtiy and help to make us as good and have as many member as this site :)
More
14 years 1 month ago #63 by kunnews
Looks great, looking forward to it.

Is there a test version available to download? (can't find this...) Or is it private only?
More
14 years 1 month ago #64 by Dkc
Private only, can't w8 to see it :>
More
14 years 4 weeks ago #65 by Cerberus
alpha is availible to INTERNAL testers only and is looking rather sweet so far, but with the ungforseen problems with K1.5.10 it has delayed work on K1.6.

good things come to those who wait OR rome wasnt built in a day OR perfection takes time

take ya pick but end of the day we are just gunna have to wait till K1.6 is finished before the public get to play with it.
More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #66 by sozzled
You will recall (msg #42254 ) in which I showed a screenshot of the new Kunena configuration report that users will, in future, be able to post at this website. I omitted to say that this new report makes use of a number of new Boardcode tags but, before I get into those, I would like to update the image that I showed previously with a new one:

The first thing that stands out is the mauve-pink shaded section at the top with the heading Confidential information. This shaded area is generated by a new tag
Code:
[confidential] ... [/confidential]
and its purpose is to reveal information only forum administrators and moderators. In other words, the existing functionality implemented by the hide tag - that prevents guest users from seeing information unless they are logged-in to the forum - is extended by a new confidential tag to screen information from other logged-in users: only moderators and administrators can see this "confidential information". There is, however, one drawback: users who post this information cannot see it either ... at least, not with the test version I have been using. Perhaps that will be changed in the near future? :whistle:

The other main change to the Boardcode that I've noticed is the introduction of support for tables. Although it's still early days, there are several new tags that look very similar to HTML <TABLE> tags. Pressing a table icon will automatically generate the following Boardcode:
Code:
[table] [tr] [td]Line 1[/td] [td]Column 2[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Line 2[/td] [td]...[/td] [/tr] [/table]
So, you see, extending this boardcode "template" structure into something more useful is fairly intuitive. In fact, if you already have a table on a website and you want to put it into a Kunena forum post you could simply transfer the HTML into a text editor, replace the angle brackets with square brackets and you'd be fairly close to converting native HTML into Kunena Boardcode! :woohoo: (Fairly close, obviously ... it wouldn't be an exact match) ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.
More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #67 by sozzled
I think one of the most exciting new prospects that interested me, when I first saw the A few Kunena 1.6 Screenshots was the way that categories could be customised with different colours. Applying a different colour "theme" to different categories, forums within categories and topics within forums, is really quite easy to do with K 1.6.

The following screenshot shows a number of different categories that I have created at my K 1.6 test site (I had to reduce the size and quality, but you should get the idea).

I am sure you would like to know how this is done ... ;)

Actually, it's achieved with an unused feature that has been around since "forever" but no-one found a way to implement it properly. The key to applying a different coloured theme to a forum lies in the use of the setting Forum Display (yes, you will find this in your K 1.5 Forum Manager tool but it probably won't do you any good if you try to use it with the K 1.5 default_ex template!).

Forum Display » Forum CSS Class suffix takes the following possible values in K 1.6
  • -red
  • -green
  • -yellow
  • -blue
  • -grey
  • -pink
Each of these values corresponds to the category themes I've shown earlier.

Not only are the categories shown in different colours, when new messages are posted they will appear in the "Recent Topics" view in the colour of the category to which they belong. Obviously, though, when you drill down to the actual messages themselves, they will be shown in the "usual" manner.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbrace
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #68 by darksoul
For what i saw... Kunena will be the first class joomla forum! ;)
and when integrated with group access. an insuperable.
Agora have some of these.. but is not good as kunena.
More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #69 by @quila
Just another one ;)

In the configuration will be possible to choose where to display user info in the view page.

Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by @quila.
More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 9 months ago #70 by sozzled
In the introduction to this topic, I referred to the changes that have been made to the K 1.6 configuration settings and I provided a screen shot. As I also wrote, such information was subject to ongoing change and, like all things, the information has changed again.

The old Kunena configuration settings interface (that everyone would be familiar with) has been thoroughly overhauled and, in K 1.6, the settings are arranged under 11 tabbed "panes" as the following screenshots illustrate:
  1. General
  2. Frontend
  3. Users
  4. Security
  5. Avatars
  6. Uploads
  7. Ranking
  8. BBcode
  9. Integration
  10. RSS
  11. Plug-ins
As I have continually stated throughout this discussion, the information presented here is for information purposes only and does not imply that any features will necessarily be implemented in the version of K 1.6 made available to the public. The images you see are based on a work-in-progress. They are not intended to be an official endorsement of what the finished product will look like, nor do they represent the default values or imply any recommended values, with the finished product. They are merely an illustration of what people may encounter with the new version.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.608 seconds