Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Kunena 1.6 - a moderator's view

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #31 by sozzled
As I have continued to state throughout this discussion, I do not want to be drawn into speculation about what will or won't be included in K 1.6. My objective is merely to provide users with a preview of what they may encounter and to prepare themselves for the changes that come about with K 1.6. I am trying anticipate your questions and answer them honestly, to the best of my ability, so as to free the developers from that time-consuming task and let them get on with the job of building the new version.

I summarised K 1.6's key design objectives in msg #39207 , viz.
  1. Decouple the code from template CSS
  2. Improve server performance
  3. Adopt best-practice development methodologies and prepare the way forward for Joomla 1.6
  4. Fix the moderator tools
  5. Extend the functionality of the front-end interface
As far as the other aspects of Kunena are concerned, the developers have exploited the opportunity to redress some long-standing issues but, generally-speaking, there will be little change to the backend, to the Kunena configuration settings.

A couple of new features are being developed that affect how forums are configured but changing the current security model is not among them.

In addressing the question that freedomcoach has just asked - "Is it possible to have private forums that are only accessible by moderators or other special groups?" - the mechanism already exists, to an extent. The means to deliver finer security granularity, than what is already provided by Joomla 1.5, will not be truly present until Joomla 1.6 implements ACLs. To some extent, ACLs have already been implemented by third-party extensions or hacks to Joomla 1.5, but these are highly-customised and usually beyond the technical scope of average users.

ACLs have not been flagged as a high-priority deliverable for K 1.6. Although K 1.6 will be as close to J! 1.6 "ready" as one could expect, the first truly J! 1.6 version of Kunena will be K 2.0 ... and that's a little way off.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 2 months ago #32 by freedomcoach
At the risk of being off topic here, I would like to better understand how to create a forum that is accessible only by moderators and admins.

Would these private forums be accessible via password or just automatically know the status of the logged in user? Is it also possible to create a forum or topic that is actually only visible to moderators and admins and if so how??

Sincerely,
Howard
More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #33 by sozzled
Yes, it's off-topic and I'm not going into details about how these facilities have been implemented in Joomla 1.5 nor am I going to speculate about possible futures. Get your own crystal ball! :P ;)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #34 by MarkBoy81
Here I come with my congratulations to the Kunena team. :)

I've always been using Fireboard all the way to Kunena, it keeps improving and satisfacting me and my community more and more, right now we're using the latest 1.5.9 version and it's perfect!

Now damn it, I'm among those who can't wait for 1.6, but seeing the excellent work that has been made so far, I won't pester you with questions and simply blindly trust that the developers will do nothing wrong. :)

In case you need, I can contribute to native Italian localization for new 1.6, just let me know.

Keep going like this! :)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MarkBoy81.
More
14 years 2 months ago #35 by lesa
I am having an impossible time setting up the user login to allow new users to register. What am I missing here? When a new user attempte to set up an account after going throught the gathering of information it goes to an error page saying "access forbidden" and gives a list of possible reasons. How do I change that? I do have admin priviges BTW.
More
14 years 2 months ago #36 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Off-topic
Iesa: This is not an appropriate topic to ask for help about your current problems with Kunena. Before you barge into an existing discussion topic, please take the time and trouble to discover what it is about.
More
14 years 2 months ago #37 by sozzled
It was "reported" (rumoured is a better term) in another discussion topic ( Hack poll v0.3.2 for Kunena 1.5.9 and 1.0.11 ) that the polling extension would not be added to Kunena 1.6. When asked for the source of this information, we were told that it came from a Spanish website (http//:www.kunenaspanish.com).

In fact, the relevant article relates to Joomla 1.6, not Kunena 1.6. It is fairly common knowledge, for those of you who have been following the Joomla 1.6 project, that the Joomla Development Team decided to remove the polling extension from the J! 1.6 core product, because it "had outlived its usefulness and was better left to third-party developers" to implement solutions.

It's always a very dangerous thing to write "I read somewhere that something will (or will not) be included in Kunena 1.6" without citing where you obtained that information. If you are tempted to write such statements, please do everyone a favour and provide the URL that you used so that the facts can be verified.

In this case, the reports about the demise of the Joomla poll component (which are true as far as J! 1.6 is concerned) have nothing in common with Kunena 1.6. This is how rumours begin when the facts get muddled. Let's try to keep to the facts in future, and produce evidence rather than conjecture. :)
More
14 years 1 month ago #38 by rinuccio sp
Kunena Kunena W W W W Kunena Kunena Kunena W W W Kunena Kunena Kunena W W W Kunena Kunena - Great Team, we are all impatient <3
More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #39 by Lambas
congrats everybody !!!

just 1 request and 1 question!

-Please dont release the 1.6 version without doing a template contest before!
Now kunena is fantastic. It deserves a PRO template... let the simple super clean disign as an alternative ... It is 2010!! look at the web ... everything is going forward ...

-will kunena 1.6 have multi quotes???

hey yo!
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Lambas.
More
14 years 1 month ago #40 by gjr
So far i can see KUNENA is really gooing forward! Great job guys, we will continue to use Kunena as our preferred forum wihtin Joomla!

Really looking forward to version 1.6! Good luck!
Time to create page: 0.442 seconds