Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question How do you change category background colours in Blue Eagle template?

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by christian15213
I have searched far and wide and can't find anything out on this.

I see categories that are green and yellow and light blue and grey and all things I can't figure how to do with the Blue Eagle template.

As well, I have not found any documentation about this stuff in the wiki or forum search so please let me know if I missed something in this question.

Are there Forum CSS Class Suffix params that we can put in and if so can someone give an example of one?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by fxstein
Good catch - we need to write this up on the wiki.

Yes these are css suffixes that are defined in the templates main css file.

In the category manager enter suffixes like -red, -green, -yellow, -blue, -pink

You will find the corresponding css classes in the css file. these colors are just examples. You can add any you like to your main joomla template and use them for your specific site. Pick and colors and change other styles like font, font styles, background images, anything css can do for you.

example from kunena.forum.css for the -pink suffix:
Code:
/* -pink category suffix ---------------------------------------------------- */ #Kunena .kforum-headerdesc-pink { color: #000000; background: #ffddff; } #Kunena tr.krow1-pink td { background: #ffddff; } #Kunena tr.krow2-pink td { background: #ffd0ff; }

remember that if you edit the kunena.forum.css you also need to apply the changes to kunena.forum.min.js - or better add any custom overrides to your sites main joomla template - that way they persists with upgrades of Kunena.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by christian15213

fxstein wrote: Good catch - we need to write this up on the wiki.

Yes these are css suffixes that are defined in the templates main css file.

In the category manager enter suffixes like -red, -green, -yellow, -blue, -pink

You will find the corresponding css classes in the css file. these colors are just examples. You can add any you like to your main joomla template and use them for your specific site. Pick and colors and change other styles like font, font styles, background images, anything css can do for you.

example from kunena.forum.css for the -pink suffix:

Code:
/* -pink category suffix ---------------------------------------------------- */ #Kunena .kforum-headerdesc-pink { color: #000000; background: #ffddff; } #Kunena tr.krow1-pink td { background: #ffddff; } #Kunena tr.krow2-pink td { background: #ffd0ff; }

remember that if you edit the kunena.forum.css you also need to apply the changes to kunena.forum.min.js - or better add any custom overrides to your sites main joomla template - that way they persists with upgrades of Kunena.

Hope this helps!

cool thanks...

couple questions...

Without going to the backend css file (trying to avoid that) you're saying we can put in the word blue, pink, etc... how about Hex colors i.e. #ffffff will that work? As well, from the frontend of the backend (lol) ie Forum CSS Class Suffix what can go in there for changes?

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by kerios83
Nope. U need to use one of those prefix: -pink, -red, -blue

U can change it to -orange or -#0099ff but then u need to change:

/* -pink category suffix
*/

#Kunena .kforum-headerdesc-pink {
color: #000000;
background: #ffddff;
}
#Kunena tr.krow1-pink td {
}
#Kunena tr.krow2-pink td {
background: #ffd0ff;
}

To

/* -orange category suffix
*/

#Kunena .kforum-headerdesc-orange {
color: #000000;
}
#Kunena tr.krow1-orange td {
}
#Kunena tr.krow2-orange td {
background: #ffd0ff;
}

in css file.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #5 by kerios83
fxstein it is possible to change sufix in css file like kunena.default-min.css to kunena.default-min-red.css and automatically change ALL your forum look when click on category ?

same with kunena.forum-min.css (to like kunena.forum-min-big.css) - if u change this file name, forum and its modules will have completely different positions and images.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by kerios83.

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled

kerios83 wrote: fxstein it is possible to change sufix in css file like kunena.default-min.css to kunena.default-min-red.css and automatically change ALL your forum look when click on category ?

same with kunena.forum-min.css (to like kunena.forum-min-big.css) - if u change this file name, forum and its modules will have completely different positions and images.

The file name has nothing to do with category colours!

Never heard of kunena.default-min.css. Please read Minified CSS for a better understanding of what kunena.forum-min.css is all about and its relationship to kunena.forum.css.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #7 by kerios83
I understand it very well. I have modified some files - rename kunena.default.css to kunena.default-min.css so my Debug Mode is set to NO and i can still easy modify template.

I thought it would be nice if kunena can read difrent css files for diffrent categories that all. It will be possible to change not only color of headerdesc and 2 rows... but all kunena colors and images.

The file name has nothing to do with category colours!

It should. Something like kunena.default-min-blue.css - blue colors/images/inputbox/quote/textarea/and more (for some of forum category set by option) and kunena.default-min-red.css - red colors/images/ble ble ble (for the rest).
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by kerios83.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds