Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question BBCode editor

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #1 by Pebbbles
BBCode editor was created by Pebbbles
After updating to the latest version of Kunena I am having issues with the BBCode editor loading (well not loading) I have changed nothing in the setting since the previous version and that was working without issue. I have tried it with default templates and still it isnt loading

I am using the most recent version of Joomla and all extensions are up to date,

ALSO the preview function is not operational where previously it was I have also disabled any and ALL previous versions of all plugins and modules and ensures all mootools bits and bobs are up to date

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jsn_epic_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 4.4.3 | creationdate: 08/24/2012

Kunena default template details : JF Corporate | author: JoomForest | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 27.07.2012

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.3 | 2012-11-24 [ Reconciliation ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8.1 | UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.2

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Pebbbles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #2 by skybax
Replied by skybax on topic BBCode editor
can you post a screenshot of your BBcode? i have seen something similar and was a problem form the Kunena template.

More
11 years 3 months ago #3 by Pebbbles
Replied by Pebbbles on topic BBCode editor
a screenshot of the error???? im not entirely sure what you mean

More
11 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic BBCode editor
G'day, Pebbbles, and welcome to Kunena.

Pebbbles wrote:

After updating to the latest version of Kunena ...

May I ask from what version did you upgrade? I am assuming that, whatever version it was that you had been using, you had been running it on J! 2.5.8 and it had been running quite well and without any problems on that version. Is that correct? Or is it possible that you upgraded several things at the same time and that any one of those things may also be responsible for the rest of the story that followed this statement?

Pebbbles wrote:

I am having issues with the BBCode editor loading (well not loading) ...

There are a couple of different kinds of issues that some people experience. The first kind is the kind where there is a total absence of the BBcode toolbar. This issue is addressed in msg #1 of Before you post your question, read this first . This particular issue is caused by a Javascript libary conflict with some other Joomla extension you have installed and Joomla.

The second kind of issue is the " Loading BBcode editor... " issue and, similarly, this issue has also been talked to death.

The main point is that you are not using a Kunena template and as you see written at the top of this page (in the category description), this category is for Kunena 2.0 product-related issues only. If you are experiencing problems using a third-party Kunena template then you are advised to contact the author of that template to resolve your issues. Again, this comes back to the first point you made, namely, "after updating to the latest version of Kunena ...". Perhaps the Kunena template you were using was designed for an old version of Kunena and it does not work with K 2.0.3? Again, that's something you need to confirm with the author of the Kunena template you are using.

Pebbbles wrote:

ALSO the preview function is not operational ...

This doesn't really have anything to do with the subject and, normally, we would not address two subjects in the same topic. This topic is dealt with more fully in K 2.0.2, K 2.0.3: problems with preview . Simply, there is a known problem with Community Builder 1.8 that affects Kunena and people are advised to upgrade to CB 1.9. So, I'm sorry to say, you're not quite as up-to-date with all the Joomla extensions you've installed as you thought you were.

I hope this information helps.

More
11 years 3 months ago #5 by Pebbbles
Replied by Pebbbles on topic BBCode editor
May I ask from what version did you upgrade? << the previous one I update every time a version is released and yes until the other day when this update was pushed Kunena was running perfectly on Joomla! 2.5.8

The template issue - as I stated I have switched to the default template - the one pre-loaded with Kunena on assumes that if it comes with a default template then it is in fact one that works yes? and the issue is the same it is still not working... as stated in the original post.

Community builder is not even functioning OR integrated with the Kunena Forum in this instance. It is not attached to the forum in any way on this site. Its not even an enabled component on this site. Previous to the latest update push Thursday, 29 November Local Time the Kunena Forum was functioning without exception .

Please readdress these issues with the correct information

thanks in appreciation

More
11 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic BBCode editor
I assume, therefore, you were using K 2.0.2 before you upgraded to K 2.0.3. In that case I am quite surprised that you did not encounter the problem in K 2.0.2. Nonetheless, let's try to address the nature of the problem that you're having.

Are you having the problem with the missing BBcode toolbar or are you having the problem with the toolbar that displays "Loading BBcode editor..."?

Regardless of whether your forum is integrated with Community Builder - and your config. report shows that it is not integrated - the fact that CB 1.8 is installed has been linked to the message preview issue.

Would you please readdress your replies to questions (and suggestion) that I made? Thanks :)

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds