Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged K 1.7 -> K 2.0.3 upgrade and now forum contents are "gone"

More
11 years 4 months ago #31 by prophoto

sozzled wrote: See Kunena 2.0.3 known issues .

This issue was reported at least two weeks ago and still no official mention of it besides the forum. Nothing on the download page, nothing on the 2.0.3 readme page. Finding this out afterwards really sucks. Two weeks is plenty of time to get a warning message posted on the download page that upgrading from 1.7 to 2.0.3 breaks your forum.

In the future you need to consider doing everyone a favor and listing huge bugs and errors like this on the download page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #32 by sozzled
Thank you for your input, prophoto. The issue only affects people who are upgrading from K 1.x to K 2.0.3. There is no issue if you are upgrading from K 2.0.0 (which was released nearly 6 months ago), K 2.0.1 (released less than 2 weeks later), K 2.0.2 (released over 3 months ago) to K 2.0.3.

We are doing our best to keep Kunena regularly updated. If people choose to use versions of software that are more than 6 months out of date, that is (unfortunately for all of us) entirely their decision. Would you believe that some people are still downloading and (we assume installing) K 1.0.8! Well, we cannot control other people's behaviour, can we?

As much as this seems to be an issue for people upgrading from K 1.x to K 2.0.3 (and we regret the inconvenience this has caused people) we are attending to the problem.

The download page and/or the release notes are perhaps not always the best places to refer to these matters that you've raised (although I agree that you have made a good point) :) The basic problem is that people simply do not spend enough time reading the background material (e.g. K 2.0 Upgrade Guide - see the very first sentence of that article). People do not read the release notes beforehand. People go to the download page and install everything they can lay their hands on without knowing what those things do or how to properly install them. That's what the forum is here for: to provide up-to-date fast-changing information about the current state-of-play.

Yes, I agree, two weeks seems to be an uncomfortably long time to rectify this issue and, unfortunately, having to wait until the release of K 2.0.4 (which will fix this issue) is also going to be uncomfortable for some. In the meantime, we have this topic: Kunena 2.0.3 known issues which should give some comfort.

Every day we spend hours trying to help people, trying to give the best advice we can. Please remember that we're human and, no matter how hard we try, we can't please everyone all the time, past, present or future. :)
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratenburg

More
11 years 4 months ago #33 by snehal
Hi

I have up-gradated joomla 1.5 to 2.5 using jUgrade component. Alone with joomla i got kunene forum ugrade too. But when i checked all posts and view are missing. I got only category of forum. :(

Please let me know if any one faced this problem before

Regards
Snehal

More
11 years 4 months ago #34 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

snehal: The answers you are looking for are in this topic.

More
11 years 4 months ago #35 by snehal
sozzled : Thanks i will go through it

More
11 years 4 months ago #36 by snehal
i tried the way all guys has given in this post but it dint worked it out for me..

Regards
Snehal

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #37 by sozzled

snehal wrote: i tried the way all guys has given in this post but it dint worked it out for me.

Ccould you try to take us through, step by step, "all the ways" that you tried to use to fix your problem and we may be able to get some clues as to why things did not work for you. There are a couple of things that you could have done. I just want to be sure that I understand exactly what you tried to do. Thank you.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 4 months ago #38 by snehal
1) i went to Kunena Forum >> Forum Tools >> Recount Statistics and perform this action. ,
2) Checked file permission for the com_kunena and finally updates the bellow query and again i did Recount Statistics from the backend.

UPDATE jos_kunena_topics AS tt
INNER JOIN (
SELECT thread, MIN(hold) AS hold FROM jos_kunena_messages WHERE hold IN (0,1) GROUP BY thread
) AS c ON tt.id=c.thread
SET tt.hold = c.hold
WHERE tt.moved_id=0

More
11 years 4 months ago #39 by sozzled
Let me guess, you're running J! 1.5?

Did you try the other approach? K 1.x -> K 2.0.2 and then K 2.0.2-> K 2.0.3? That was the other approach that could have worked for you. I don't think you tried "all the ways" that this topic has discussed. There are still other ways to solve your problem.

More
11 years 4 months ago #40 by snehal
i upgraded K 2.0.2-> K 2.0.3 but still not getting answer is there any other way to do it. ?

Time to create page: 0.813 seconds