Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged I see the message "Loading BBCode editor..."

More
11 years 2 months ago #61 by TKtemp
Hi,

you are using FireFox 18.x right?

Try with another browser ot try this fix
www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-General-Quest...18-0?start=10#139698

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #62 by xillibit
Hello,

You need to update your Mootools version to 1.2.6 because the previous versions has a bug with Firefox 18.x

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #63 by amityweb
No, we are using Chrome and Internet Explorer. All the same.

I upgraded Mootools, but still does not work and we get a different error when we do that:

Uncaught TypeError: Object function (win){
$uid(win);
if (!win.Element){
win.Element = $empty;
if (Browser.Engine.webkit) win.document.createElement("iframe"); //fixes safari 2
win.Element.prototype = (Browser.Engine.webkit) ? window["[[DOMElement.prototype]]"] : {};
}
win.document.window = win;
return $extend(win, Window.Prototype);
} has no method 'onDomReady' validate.js:164
Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by amityweb.

More
11 years 2 months ago #64 by amityweb
Cant we just disable the styling of this box... I assume using a normal Form attach input element with no styling, no hidden elements, no javascript applied to it, would work normally.

More
11 years 2 months ago #65 by xillibit
Do you have a link to your site ?

More
11 years 1 month ago #66 by amityweb
I also notice the BBCode editor is not loading, just says "Loading BBCode editor..."

So I think a JS issue.

Here's the site and some temp login details:

Forum: Forum
User: amitytemp
Pass: amitytemp2012

Please also note, Kunena does not work with sh404SEF so had to disable it. If you know how to fix that too that would be great. Thanks.

More
11 years 1 month ago #67 by amityweb
Please also note, despite not showing you just attached a file, I can attach files and upload on my Chrome on Mac, but my customer cant on his Chrome and Mac, even upload files, just does not do anything. I wanted to fix this JS thing and ask him to try again before reporting this third issue.

More
11 years 1 month ago #68 by xillibit
Start by upgrading mootools to 1.2.6 : mootools.net/blog/2013/02/19/mootools-1-2-6-released/

But it seems that you have conflicting javascript, so you need to find which plugin or module is adding a script which produce the conflict

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #69 by amityweb
Hi

as stated I did upgrade to 1.2.6 but I got the other error above. Both errors are with Joomla's own validate.js.

How do I just disable JS? I am Ok with plain HTML form, no need for JS on an upload file form field. Will BBCode still work? Systems should be built to work without Javascript so hope Kunena does :)

Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by amityweb.

More
11 years 1 month ago #70 by amityweb
Right, I have fixed it for my site, here is my update....

So firstly, Kunena does not work fully with standard Joomla 1.5 installation, not even the latest 1.5.26. According to you it requires a later version of Mootools that is not within Joomla 1.5 standard package. Therefore my opinion is Kunena is NOT compatible with Joomla 1.5. Not without hacks to core Mootools versions.

Secondly, I could not get the upgraded Mootools to work anyway. I had other JS issues. Upgraded Mootools breaks my Joomla Admin menu, and I dont even have add-ons in the Joomla admin that could cause conflicts.

So upgrading mootols was not an option.

Therefore I have just hidden the Javascript enabled Attach box and displayed the standard HTML box, as follows in the CSS:

#Kunena .kfile-input
{
/*font-size:23px;
position:absolute;
right:0;
top:-10px;
opacity:0;
filter:alpha(opacity=0)*/
}

#Kunena .kattachment-id-container, #Kunena .kattachment .kfile-input-textbox, #Kunena .kfile-hide.hasTip .kbutton
{
display: none;
}
#Kunena .button, #Kunena .kbutton,
#Kunena .button:hover, #Kunena .kbutton:hover
{
border: 0px;
z-index: 999;
}

.kfile-input
{
margin: 10px 0px 0px 0px;
clear: both;
}

It would be good if there was an option to disable JS for Kunena, because we do not need anything fancy in this case, and there is clearly conflicts.

Thanks for your help.

Time to create page: 0.591 seconds