Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged "You are banned until today" message - for many days - at my website.

More
10 years 8 months ago #21 by Jiminimonka

Jiminimonka wrote: Have you tried using the Kunena Forum Tools to Recount Statistics and Synchronise Users?

Did you try this?

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #22 by JLW
Thank you for responding.

No I didn't. I don't see how it would fix the categories, but if I backup the tables first, it can't do any harm to try.

I'll be right back to let you know what happens...

Thanks for the suggestion...
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by JLW.
More
10 years 8 months ago #23 by Jiminimonka
Just got a message from the lead developer, he's busy at the moment so can't take a good look yet but he said:

"Banned field should be NULL for users who haven't been banned.
Any date means till that time, except for null date (0000-00-00 00:00:00) which is forever.
Banned table just have extra information from the ban it's not needed to have user banned"

So, I think that means set all the BANNED fields to NULL. See if that helps.

Matias will have a better look tomorrow.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
More
10 years 8 months ago #24 by sozzled
Jiminimonka is correct. This is a restatement of what I wrote earlier in msg #6 of this topic.
More
10 years 8 months ago #25 by JLW
Yes, this was already mentioned above, and was checked by me. They are indeed NULL in the Kunena users table.
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #26 by JLW
PROBLEM SOLVED. Not a simple one at all!

Thank you to sozzled for suggesting (in his post #6) that Kunena's determination of a user's banned status is not based solely on data in its own user table, but also based upon data of the Joomla core as well.

As it turned out in my case, Kunena also depends on the CB comprofiler table's data structure not being corrupted!

One clue came from noticing a thread elsewhere, in which people reported this problem after upgrading both CB and Kunena, even without any Joomla migration. (But no solution there.)

Thank you also to Jiminimonka for suggesting syncronizing the Kunena users.

For the benefit of others, here is what I did, followed by what I think it means, and lessons for future troubleshooters:

Even though everything in the front and back ends of Community Builder looked great, I did not want to sync the Kunena users without first sync-ing the CB users. So I visited the CB Admin Tools page and ran all the tests. It found and fixed two errors in comprofiler structure: a bigint field that should have been varchar, and a missing tab field. (The checks of the user fields table and of the the plugins table produced no errors.)

The check of the users table found 150 or so users in comprofiler that were not in the core users table. So then I ran the user sync and it deleted them from CB. They were very high ID numbers and appeared to be a by-product of the SP Upgrade migration. The CB sync tool deleted them.

I wish I had then looked at the Kunena admin Categories page to see if the structural changes to comprofiler had fixed Kunena(!!!) but I did not. Instead, I went directly to the Kunena tools page and ran the Kunena users sync.

Only then did I go to the Kunena back end's categories page. WOW, for the first time since the migration, all the categories appeared! And all were in "published" state.

But then I went to the Kunena admin Users page, and guess what? "You are banned until today" was still there atop the page! Oy! But now the banned column actually showed everyone as banned. (Before, it had reported no one as banned in that column, but said I was banned in a message atop the page.)

So I went back to phpMyAdmin, and all of the "banned" fields in the Kunena users table had CHANGED from null (which they had been AFTER the migration and even as late as yesterday) to a date of zeros. Something about the combination of sync-ing with the other tables in their various conditions made Kunena decide to change them?!?!?

All pretty strange. But it was easy enough to flip them all to NULL.

(If you don't believe me, go back and look at post #17 in this thread. The "banned" fields were indeed NULL yesterday.)

Then I looked at the front end of the website, where Kunena still displayed nothing.

Well, that was an artifact of the Joomla migration:

What should an upgrader do when J 2.5 has a parameter not present in 1.5? Apparently, the upgrader unthinkingly accepts the default value of this new parameter. But in the case of Kunena, this is unfortunate.

The "Access Control Type" of the new Kunena categories table should be left set to "Access Levels" rather than set to "User Groups". As soon as I changed this to "Access Levels", Kunena remembered what the previous (Joomla 1.5 Kunena 1.7) Access Level settings had been. Perhaps the upgrader should not accept the J 2.5 ACL defaults in cases where the new default was not an available option in J 1.5?

Anyway, at that point Kunena was all working, the component, and all topics and posts in all of the modules.

Many thanks to those who followed this long thread; and I hope it does others some good.

The moral of the story is: Don't assume that Kunena is independent of flaws in the CB comprofiler table nor of the Joomla core users table. A flaw in the structure of either can cause Kunena to misconstrue users' statuses in ways that are inconsistent from one piece of Kunena to another. (I suppose different pieces of Kunena are querying differently.) And sync-ing Kunena to those tables can eliminate the inconsistencies between parts of Kunena but can propagate an error into the Kunena data table from outside.

And, as always, if you can at all avoid it, never change more than one thing at a time.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by JLW.
More
10 years 8 months ago #27 by sozzled
Yes. People need to remember that Kunena and Community Builder user profiles derive their data from Joomla user tables. If there is an issue in Joomla user tables then the issues will flow through to Kunena and Community Builder also.
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #28 by Saibot
Replied by Saibot on topic All users are banned
Hi,

i do have a small problem.
i made a relaunch of a page. Old was J! 1.5, new is J! 3.1.x

I installed the page and the Forum clean new. But i updated some infos with SP Upgrade.
(users, Content and com_kunena and so on.
I do not know if the problem was there before. But now i see two problems.

[strike]1. Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ..../libraries/kunena/forum/category/helper.php on line 616

2.[/strike] All important users including myself (even if did made a new SuperAdmin on the Pageinstall) are banned. And I can't change that.

Thanks for the quick help
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: One topic per subject; remove secondary question; merge topics
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #29 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic All users are banned
Hello,

Can-you put please your Kunena report categories settings ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by xillibit.
More
10 years 8 months ago #30 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic All users are banned
*** Topics merged ***

The answer to your "banned users" problem is here.
Time to create page: 4.746 seconds