Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged "You are banned until today" message - for many days - at my website.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #11 by Jiminimonka
www.siteground.com/tutorials/phpmyadmin/

Good guide on how to use phpMyAdmin

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Jiminimonka.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 11 months ago #12 by Matias
Sozzled is right, you need to change non-null values on #__kunena_users.banned field to NULL.
More
10 years 11 months ago #13 by JENT3AL
Hi, I'm trying for a long time to solve this problem.
I can't find the solution.
I have past many hours without solution.. :(

When I log in on my phpmyadmin, it tells me: # 2002 Can not log in to the MySQL server.

Can you help me to definitively resolve this situation that it have create much problems from 2 months on my Kunena forum?
They were two months that all users of my web site can't use the forum..

It's very annoying..beacuse i have never change the settings of the forum..

thank you very much
Attachments:
More
10 years 11 months ago #14 by JENT3AL

Matias wrote: Sozzled is right, you need to change non-null values on #__kunena_users.banned field to NULL.

I don't understand where i change this parameters..
Can you be more easy in the explanation, please? :)

It's very much time that i stay in this situation..........
More
10 years 11 months ago #15 by sozzled
You have to change all non-null values on #__kunena_users.banned field to NULL.

These things are not "parameters". These things are values in a database table.

phpMyAdmin is one tool you can use to change data in a database. There are other tools.
More
10 years 11 months ago #16 by Matias
We cannot help you until you've solved your phpMyAdmin issues. As a hint, try to use the same user and password that you are using in Joomla. If you don't remember the password, you can at least find it from configuration.php file in Joomla root.
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #17 by JLW
After migrating the Kunena data tables from Joomla 1.5.26 to 2.5.13, [strike]none of the categories are visible (not in the front end, and not even in the Category Manager of the back end), and I can't do anything in the back end because[/strike] it tells me "You are banned until Today".

[strike]When I look in phpMyAdmin at the users table and at the categories table, I can't see what's wrong.[/strike]

Here is a user row (with header):
Code:
userid view signature moderator banned ordering posts avatar karma karma_time group_id uhits personalText gender birthdate location icq aim yim msn skype twitter facebook hideEmail showOnline thankyou rank gtalk myspace linkedin delicious friendfeed digg blogspot flickr bebo websitename websiteurl 62 --- Jordan http://UpgradeThat.com -- compare & ... 0 NULL 0 202 NULL 5 1333047228 1 1 NULL 0 0000-00-00 NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL 1 1 3 0 NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL

[strike]And here are the first two category table rows (the main parent board plus the first category that can have posts):[/strike]
Code:
id parent_id name alias icon_id locked accesstype access pub_access pub_recurse admin_access admin_recurse ordering published channels checked_out checked_out_time review allow_anonymous post_anonymous hits description headerdesc class_sfx allow_polls topic_ordering numTopics numPosts last_topic_id last_post_id last_post_time params image 503 0 The Accordion Community the-accordion-community 0 0 joomla.group 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 NULL 0 0000-00-00 00:00:00 0 0 0 0 0 lastpost 0 0 0 0 0 8 503 The Master Class & Repertoire Room the-master-class-a-repertoire-room 0 0 joomla.group 0 0 0 0 1 4 1 NULL 0 0000-00-00 00:00:00 0 0 0 0 From master class to beginner class. Discussions ... 0 lastpost 212 1182 6859 6859 1368977079

Can anyone spot the problem? Thank you for your attention.

And here is my config report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : js_novitas | author: Joomlashack | version: 1.0.6 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9 | UddeIM 3.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: One subject per topic. Second question removed. Topics merged
More
10 years 8 months ago #18 by Jiminimonka
Have you tried using the Kunena Forum Tools to Recount Statistics and Synchronise Users?

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #19 by sozzled
*** Topics merged by moderator ***

One subject per topic, please. The answer to the "you are banned until today" problem is answered in this topic.

We will have to deal with the second question about categories "not visible" in a separate topic.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #20 by JLW
Does that mean that you looked at the snippet I posted of the Kunena 3.0.1 users table and found it correct as to structure as well as field values?

Before posting, I had already checked the kunena banned table, and the only people who are in it are the few people who should be. This seemed so obvious that I did not mention it before.

In this thread that you merged mine with, the only suggestion that I hadn't already tried and addressed in my post was to look at the core Joomla users table, in case Kunena is reacting to that. I have now done so. It is correct, the users there are active.

I did find one anomaly in the core users table, but that is not the source of the problem. As part of the migration, SP UPgrade had changed the Name and the Email of the old site's Super Admin, and disabled that user (by unconfirming and unapproving it), but preserved the Super User of the bare Joomla 2.5 site.

I had seen that right away, as that appeared as a notice in SP Upgrade's migration report. So in the back end, I immediately changed the ID and Email back, and reenabled it. And I have been logging in to administer the new site using both of the two usernames. And both work successfully to administer the site, DESPITE the info in the following paragraph:

So it was not until now, responding to this thread, that I looked at he core user table. And I found that SP Upgrade had also changed my old admin user account's type, from "Super Admin" to "deprecated". So I have now changed it to "Super Users".

Of course, this is not the source of the problem, because both my old and new admin accounts have the "Banned until Today" appearing atop the Kunena back end, and neither is a moderator either!

And this is still the case even after the recent usertype edit.

I don't think these threads should have been merged, since my problems probably have a common cause, related to the migration, while the original poster's problem appeared suddenly and without migration. And the fact that the categories (all enabled/published in the category table) are not being shown at all in the back end (which should list them even if unpublished), suggests a systematic migration problem that might be diagnosed better by knowing of the existence of both problems. They are linked in that they were triggered together.

In the back end Kunena Users page, both of my admin accounts show as NOT banned; but no matter which I am logged in with, I see the “You are banned for today” notice at the top of that page, and cannot do any operations on the users. If I try to make a change, a red message appears atop the page, saying: "You need to be moderator in order to perform moderation actions." (Neither of these users is listed as moderator either! The old site's Super Admin was indeed moderator of all forums.)

No pages on the new site are generating any errors. But Kunena on the new site does not see its categories, AND the modules do not see the topics. In the front end, it’s exactly as if the categories were unpublished, except that the data tables say they are.

In preparation for the migration, I upgraded the old site from Kunena 1.7.x to 2.0.4. For that same reason, I also upgraded Community Builder to 1.9 and switched this site to php 5.3 from 5.2 (on my dual-php-configured VPS).

After this, the old site still properly displayed and managed all Kunena 2.0.4 data in the back-end; and all the forum topics, categories, and contents appeared in modules throughout the site; but the site would throw Server 500 Errors if navigating to the Kunena component page itself.

The error message suggested that the problem was with the cb_login module. It and Kunena appeared incompatible after the upgrades, and I found a thread in this Kunena forum all about it. There, you blamed CB and directed users to the CB forum. So I did not think that this should prevent me from migrating Kunena, which I did.

I also migrated CB 1.9 which appears to work fine on the new site.

The results of all this activity are as described in item 6 above. No pages on the new site are generating any errors.

Can anyone suggest a next step toward diagnosing this phenomenon?

Thank you for your attention.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by JLW.
Time to create page: 0.565 seconds