Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Allow only specified users to view/post (private part of forum)

More
11 years 1 week ago #21 by sozzled
Although these things are actually fairly easy (for someone who has the experience) it's not the easiest thing in the world to explain what do do on a discussion forum. Even face-to-face (e.g. via Skype) can take a while. If you have the time, you could write to me by email and we'll try to discuss the issues but it depends on your availability, your fluency with spoken English and the reliability of the telecommunications medium.

If you have Skype, write to me and we'll try to arrange a one-on-one time. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ernst67

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #22 by ernst67
Oh.. well, I appreciate that very much!
Just sent you an email.... :-)

More
11 years 1 week ago #23 by sozzled
Ernst's problem has been resolved. The test account that he had been using was setup as a global moderator.

I was glad to have been of service.

More
11 years 1 week ago #24 by ernst67
OK, just for the sake of documentation: Here's how this matter was solved. Hopefully it's useful for those reading this topic later...

I did have that Skype session with Sozzled and we went through all the settings. Actually, everything was as described in previous posts in this topic.
Then I shared my screen and showed that although I was only a registered user, I could still see the forum category that was intended for developers only.

However...: Sozzled noticed that my Kunena user name had this "typical" colour: The colour of a Global Moderator. And yes.... Moderators can see all Kunena content.

Sometimes solutions are very close under your nose....
Thanks again Sozzled!

More
11 years 6 days ago #25 by George
Replied by George on topic Creating private categories
I am creating a forum for our community group. I don't mind having non members of our community joining and taking part in the discussions I do want to create a couple of categories which are open only to residents.

Having skimmed through some of the related posts here the only way to do this seems to be through making these categories access level to special which would give access to those with ranks with a rank set to special.

I then set up a new rank titled 'Resident' and set this to special, obviously without any mod rights.

In testing this while I can see the 'private' category the test 'Resident' member is unable to see or access the new category.

I've been through the configuration section and nothing obviously wrong stood out. Have I misunderstood what I read or am I missing something?

More
11 years 6 days ago #26 by sozzled
G'day, George and welcome to Kunena.

I have merged your question here, in this topic, which has all the information you should need.

More
10 years 11 months ago #27 by djb
Hi,

Can I ask a related question please?

On my 2.0.4 forum, I would like to restrict access to a category based on the number of posts a person has made. Rather than add the user to the Knights group (to continue the previous example) I would only want registered users to see a forum category and be able to post to it if they had reached a certain number of posts, say 50.

Is that possible please?

I could regularly check on the number of posts and manually add the users to the Knights group but I am seeking an automated method.

Thank you
David

More
10 years 11 months ago #28 by Matias
Regarding to related question on post count based access:

We don't have that feature ATM, but I've thought about it in the past and it should be perfectly doable in our current system.

Another question is when its going to be done as it's not yet scheduled to any version.

More
10 years 11 months ago #29 by sozzled
djb: We've been kicking this idea around for a couple of years but no-one has yet devised a solution. These are a couple of other places where your suggestion has been discussed:

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds