Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Allow only specified users to view/post (private part of forum)

More
11 years 1 week ago #1 by Rexi
How can i set access to some subforum (for moderators) for only few ppl.
Moreover, how to be able so only they can see it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #2 by sozzled
This is done by changing the permissions for the specific category. Use Joomla ACL, create a user group and assign your moderators to that group, and then define the category permissions so that only members of that user group can view, post new topics or reply to topics as you want.

This is covered, in general, in Simple forum setup instructions

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #3 by ClydeTACH
Hi sozzel,

I have a problem regarding this option... I want to have a section and categories in that section visible only to a certain group of users so, I've created a user group in Joomla called "Knights". Then in Kunena I've set a section Access level type to "User Groups" and selected "Knights" in the Primary user Group option and also set the"Primary includes Child Groups" to NO. Then I've tested it with one of my users that is not in the "Knights" user group and he tels me he can see the forum section that is suppose to be hidden. Even categories in that section (that are set to "Knights") he can see the topics.

Am I missing something?!

EDIT: I have Joomla 2.5.9 and Kunena 2.0.4
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by ClydeTACH.

More
11 years 1 week ago #4 by coder4life
Just curious, even though it is visible can the individual post a topic?

More
11 years 6 days ago #5 by sozzled
This is a 30-second tutorial in how to use Joomla ACL to define your users and create a category that only those users can access.

First of all you need to define your user group as a sub-group of the Registered user group. In your case, you want your new group to be called "Knights". This is how the "Knights" user group should be created (as a sub-group of "Registered"):

The next step is to allocate those users to the "Knights" user group, like this:

The final step is to set the permissions on the category so that only members of the "Knights" user group can access. Like this:

That's the general idea. Try it out.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: QuakeLive

More
11 years 3 days ago - 11 years 3 days ago #6 by QuakeLive
:)
Hi,

First of all, I apologize - my English is bad but I hope you will understand me.

Is it possible to create a private part (section/categories) of forum, so only users that I allowed can see what's inside and create threads and posts (other users can only see that there is private section/categories - but they cannot see threads, posts... ) ?

Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 11 years 3 days ago by QuakeLive.

More
11 years 2 days ago - 11 years 2 days ago #7 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, QuakeLive, and welcome to Kunena.

(1) It is possible to create "private" categories (and sub-categories) within your forum so that only users that you allow will be able to view the topics and post messages in them. This topic explains how to set up "private" categories.

(2) if you define these private categories so that only specific types of accounts can view the list of topics then other users will not even be be aware that such categories exist. In other words, if you have categories that are only accessible to certain uses, other users will not know that there are private categories/sub-categories within your forum; other users will definitely not be able to see a index of topics or the details of messages posted within those topics.

I hope this helps to explain how "private" categories work.
Last edit: 11 years 2 days ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 2 days ago #8 by QuakeLive
Hi sozzled,

Thank you very much for response! :)

other users will not even be be aware that such categories exist. In other words, if you have categories that are only accessible to certain uses, other users will not know that there are private categories/sub-categories within your forum;

So, if I understood well - it is NOT possible to have such categories that are visible to all visitors, but only specified users can see what's inside (can see topics and can post there)?

Again, thanks!
Sorry, my English is bad.

More
11 years 1 day ago #9 by sozzled
You have understood correctly.

"Private" means private; "secret" if you like.

You may also be interested in reading this topic, too: Teasers - Read list of topics but not be able to view the contents unless you are registered that is about a slightly related, but different, question.

In the end, bie ere, it is not completely possible to achieve the complete solution that you are looking for but I reapt what I wrote to you before:

sozzled wrote: It is possible to create "private" categories (and sub-categories) within your forum so that only users that you allow will be able to view the topics and post messages in them. This topic explains how to set up "private" categories..

More
11 years 2 hours ago #10 by QuakeLive

sozzled wrote: You have understood correctly.

"Private" means private; "secret" if you like.

You may also be interested in reading this topic, too: Teasers - Read list of topics but not be able to view the contents unless you are registered that is about a slightly related, but different, question.

In the end, bie ere, it is not completely possible to achieve the complete solution that you are looking for but I reapt what I wrote to you before:

sozzled wrote: It is possible to create "private" categories (and sub-categories) within your forum so that only users that you allow will be able to view the topics and post messages in them. This topic explains how to set up "private" categories..

Than you sozzled! :)
Btw, I've never used Kunena before, and this is by far the best free extension that I used.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds