Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Nooku Framework

More
12 years 8 months ago #31 by kapilsahu
I am studying & learning about the nooku framework from last few days i concluded that it is really the future of joomla & i have also read that virtuemart 2.0 & docman 2.0 is being made on nooku framework & some new extension also build on nooku framework why not you try to make kunena using nooku framework it will remove the code complexity , reduce code writing , increase speed & much more. Plaese try to discuss this with the kunena developer team since it also reduce the compatibility problem very much so i think it is better to build kunena on nooku framework by using that you can include more features in less time with mordern technology.
Please post your reply also.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #32 by kiwi3685
kapilsahu

Did you not read the rest of this very long topic???

The Kunena developers have very carefully, politely and reasonably explained not only that they will NOT be moving to any different framework, but also why they won't.

Like others who have commented, I am very pleased to hear that.

If I was administering this site, I would definitely lock this topic. Otherwise a clearly made decision will just be re-questioned time after time - wasting developers energies, and boring the heck out of everybody else!

More
12 years 8 months ago #33 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Nooku Framework
In actual fact, I don't think kapilsahu read this topic because I merged his separately-asked question with this older one to show what has been talked about before. Like many newcomers to this forum, they don't search to see if their questions have been talked about, answered, resolved or otherwise disposed of.

Perhaps I should have made it clearer when I merged the topic to allow other people to give kapilsahu the benefit of being new. Is that better for you, kiwi? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: kapilsahu

More
12 years 8 months ago #34 by kapilsahu
Replied by kapilsahu on topic Re: Nooku Framework
sorry for creating a new topic i have not read this topic & not search for it before its my mistake. I have read this topic & conclude that why kunena is not moving to nooku framework but i want to ask some question that can we run kunena on nooku server if not we can run k2.0 on nook server because why i like nooku is because of its clean code & of the new code technology built in it like REST api i think it is really necessary for most of the modern site as we know that top sites like google , facebook , twitter & more are using it today & i want that's why kunena on nooku framework i know that speed is imp but we have to use that framework which has good feature & for moving to more advance level that why more extension developer are moving to use that framework & wantto write less code & bring more feature in that time frame.
Thanks i am waiting for your reply.

More
12 years 8 months ago #35 by stipsan
Replied by stipsan on topic Re: Nooku Framework
Hi kapilsahu,

I think you're confusing Nooku Framework with Nooku Server.
Nooku Framework can be installed on Joomla 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7.
On top of that Nooku Server comes with Nooku Framework and also got several core components refactored to run on Nooku instead of Joomla framework.

The benefits extensions running Joomla get from running on Nooku Server is enhancements we've done to the Joomla framework that comes with Nooku Server. Like faster caching.

So to answer your questions. Yes you can run Kunena on Nooku Server. Kunena does not need to run Nooku Framework to make that happen.

Although there are benefits from switching to Nooku Framework, I believe that Matias have evaluated that and found that now is not a good time as it'll take too long to port a codebase the size of Kunenas and Nooku Framework is also still Alpha (so Kunena developers would have to tackle the challenges of porting to a framework that is still changing, doing breaking changes each week).

It's important to take these things into consideration. Porting an entire codebase to another very different framework isn't done in a day. I spent 3 months porting Ninjaboard to Nooku, and its codebase and complexity were a fraction compared to Kunenas.

Stian Didriksen
Ninjaboard lead developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: fxstein, woonydanny

More
12 years 8 months ago #36 by kapilsahu
Replied by kapilsahu on topic Re: Nooku Framework
ok i understand but i have one question since nooku has changed its classes completely then also we can run kunena or other normal joomla extension in nooku server & if yes since nooku made on joomla 1.5 framework can we run joomla 1.6/1.7 extension also on nooku server.
Waiting for your reply

More
12 years 8 months ago #37 by stipsan
Replied by stipsan on topic Re: Nooku Framework
Like said, the Joomla 1.5 framework is still there on Nooku Server you can run extensions that use that framework.
No, Nooku Framework is not made on Joomla Framework, not that this is relevant.
Because you can't run Joomla 1.6 and 1.7 based extensions that require APIs that do not exist on 1.5 on 1.5 can you?

Only your first question is Kunena relevant though, so I'm sure they'll appreciate that you ask them on the Nooku mailing list instead to keep the thread on topic.

Stian Didriksen
Ninjaboard lead developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: fxstein

More
12 years 8 months ago #38 by mallen
Replied by mallen on topic Re: Nooku Framework
I think that the availability of all frameworks just works in a straight way for the users not with standing any to the developers. I have seen some other components on the same framework. Having it available for distribution in open source just gives the developer more room to work with though bound by a license for struck compliance. It works either way as it would be applicable to where it is suited most and not really on the majority's view.

More
11 years 9 months ago #39 by Dexter Morgan
Replied by Dexter Morgan on topic Re: Nooku Framework
Hello , I am new to nooku framework and would like to develop component using this framework but currently i am facing problem's while installing it on windows7 ..Any help I am using joomla2.5.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #40 by John
Replied by John on topic Re: Nooku Framework
@ Dexter Morgan: You are aware you are posting this at Kunena.org?? It makes more sense to ask this question at www.nooku.org/
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by John.

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds