Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Nooku Framework

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by Randal
Nooku Framework was created by Randal
Hello. Question to Kunena Developers. Do you know about Nooku well? And do you planned use it in future? YES or NO and please explain me your decision.

I asked because this article looks very encouraging.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Nooku Framework
I've tried to look at Nooku, but as nothing of it is available in public and it's not free, I haven't seen anything else but hype. So it's impossible to make any plans to use it before it gets published for free.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Matias.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #3 by Randal
Replied by Randal on topic Re: Nooku Framework
WRONG! :) See this: nooku.assembla.com/wiki/show/nooku-framework/FAQ

3.2. How can I contribute

Nooku Framework is released free of charge under the GPL license. Just like any other open source project, we happily accept your contributions.

[...]

3.5 Why is Nooku Framework free ?

By releasing Nooku Framework as free of charge open source software, we can get more people to use it and help improve it. This way the framework becomes a lot better a lot faster than if we had to do it all on our own. Find out how you can contribute

There are a couple of indirect ways Nooku earns money with the Nooku Framework:
By offering commercial products based on the framework, most notably Nooku Content, the multilingual extension for Joomla
By offering consulting services around Joomla and Nooku Framework
By offering training

So think about this one more time and after looking inside nooku framework give me answer one more time.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Randal.

More
13 years 11 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Nooku Framework
Ah, something has changed. Last time I looked at it, nothing were public -- or at least I didn't find any links to the source code.

Maybe in the future. For K1.6 changing framework would only cause more delays. :(

More
13 years 11 months ago #5 by Randal
Yes,Yes I don't talk about K1.6 but about future. Less coding for you is more time, less stressful and more secure. Please tell me in future if you decided choose Nooku or if not.

More
13 years 11 months ago #6 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Nooku Framework
Hello,

Are you a developper from Nooku framework ?

Because it's strange that you ask for these kind of things :)

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 11 months ago #7 by woonydanny
Replied by woonydanny on topic Re: Nooku Framework
I think that with all these "frameworks" out nowadays he is just wondering if kunena devs are aware of them. Ninjaboard is written on Nooku framework and there are other components now using other frameworks.

The main thing is that to utilise a framework it needs to be accessible (open source) and also the devs need to understand it and then be comfortable using it. It may suit some projects and not others and i am not qualified to say whether a framework would suit kunena or not, but i think the developers are aware of them and will look into them down the track and judge their suitability.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #8 by Randal
xillibit wrote:

Are you a developer from Nooku framework ?

Because it's strange that you ask for these kind of things :)

No xillibit I'm not even a developer! I'm only webmaster with open eyes :) So when I hear a lot about some kind of products and know that developer behind this product is the same man that build Joomla FW so my conclusion is simply. I believe they do something better and easier to use then before. So why do not use this and save time for coding? We all Kunena users want always more quality product in possible short time. Also I know that you want use best framework to get your job easier and more effective. That's why nobody code today for J! 1.0.x. And after presentations Nooku and new products on this FW as Anahita, Ninjaboard and others I've see its like Joomla 1.9 series. And I think when it go stable will be like J! 2.0.

This is my subjective opinion. But I'm not developer so only want to show Nooku to you and you will decide in feature. Nothing too lose but much more to receive.

More
13 years 11 months ago #9 by Randal

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #10 by Randal

What do you think about it?

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds