Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Nooku Framework

More
14 years 5 days ago #11 by Randal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 days ago #12 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Nooku Framework
These continuing reminders about a product that has nothing (at present) to do with Kunena are becoming an annoyance and are verging on advertising. The fact that there have been so few replies to this thread indicates the level of interest in the subject.

Randal: please don't keep bumping this topic; allow users to respond (or not) as they choose. Continuing to bump this subject will only result in the topic being locked and/or removed. Thanks. B)

More
14 years 4 days ago #13 by stipsan
Replied by stipsan on topic Re: Nooku Framework
sozzled wrote:

These continuing reminders about a product that has nothing (at present) to do with Kunena are becoming an annoyance and are verging on advertising. The fact that there have been so few replies to this thread indicates the level of interest in the subject.

Looks more like an indication on a lack of common decency.

I think the fact that he keeps bumping this thread show a clear and honest interest in the Kunena project.
I think he, and your community deserve an answer, in return for their care for the project.

Rockstars that let their fans feel like an annoyance doesn't stay popular very long now do they?

Don't forget that not answering, is by itself also an answer.

Stian Didriksen
Ninjaboard lead developer

More
14 years 4 days ago #14 by severdia
Replied by severdia on topic Re: Nooku Framework
The name of this forum section is called "General Talk About Kunena". Technically speaking, Nooku has nothing to do with Kunena (and vice-versa). We are on different development paths.

@Stipsan, You can adopt on ornery attitude about Nooku (clearly because you're developing a competitor to Kunena on it), but once a friendly, open discussion crosses into blatant, egregious self-promotion, you should consider taking that to someone else's doorstop. This isn't Twitter and negativity will not be tolerated here.

Nooku looks like a very promising framework and the Kunena team wishes the Nooku/Joomlatools team luck and success with their project.

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com

More
14 years 4 days ago #15 by stipsan
Replied by stipsan on topic Re: Nooku Framework
severdia wrote:

You can adopt on ornery attitude about Nooku.

How can I be ornery when no statement on your end (until now) is made?

And if you read the first post, which asks if Kunena will use, or are considering using Kunena, then I can't see how a question like that can be off topic.

If anyone is being negative, I suggest reading your own post, sozzled's post and just answer the original question instead of throwing out offensive remarks.

Kunena looks like a very promising framework and I wish the Kunena team luck and success with their project.

But I wont stand by watching people being talked down upon from being energic, positive and inquisitive.

Stian Didriksen
Ninjaboard lead developer

More
14 years 4 days ago #16 by severdia
stipsan wrote:

How can I be ornery when no statement on your end (until now) is made?
And if you read the first post, which asks if Kunena will use, or are considering using Kunena, then I can't see how a question like that can be off topic.

Asking whether or not Kunena will use Nooku is a perfectly appropriate question/discussion to have. And it's actually a very short one and the answer is "no."

If anyone is being negative, I suggest reading your own post, sozzled's post and just answer the original question instead of throwing out offensive remarks.

My post isn't negative, it's just setting clear boundaries for what is acceptable and unacceptable on these forums. You do the same for your forums and that's the way they operate.

Kunena looks like a very promising framework and I wish the Kunena team luck and success with their project.

Kunena isn't a framework and sarcastic repetitions won't get you anywhere.

But I wont stand by watching people being talked down upon from being energic, positive and inquisitive.

You're making something out of this that isn't there. You're using Nooku to develop your own competing forum. That's great. However, don't use this forum as a platform for drumming up support for it.

More
14 years 4 days ago - 14 years 4 days ago #17 by hjames
Replied by hjames on topic Re: Nooku Framework
To my recollection both are constructed in an Open Source environment.. so what real competition is there? At the end of the day its the end users decision which board they want to use, what software platform and so forth.

I think rather than viewing the development of two separate forums as a competition it should be viewed as multiple opportunities.

While on the subject I find it rather amusing to see approximately (10) forum solutions for Joomla: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/communication/forum . Consider the time spent on each of these, and the amount of time and energy that could be saved if all had just come together as one. But then again its silly to think people could actually work together.

Your fighting over a code base...

Did I mention I am building my own forum... its based on the "jagnon" framework!

Joomla 1.5.24
Last edit: 14 years 4 days ago by hjames.

More
14 years 4 days ago #18 by severdia
@hjames

Yes, they're both open source. But imagine the reaction if you went on the Joomla forums and tried to drum up support for Drupal or WordPress, etc. There's an unwritten code (or whatever you want to call it) of respect. We all want our open source projects to succeed (otherwise, why would we do them?) so we respect certain boundaries. That's not to say Joomla people must despise all Drupal people (or vice-versa), but don't go "pissing in my backyard." :)

Stipsan has two posts on this forum. He jumped in the conversation when Nooku and his product came up. Had it been on a different topic, he wouldn't have said a thing. I've had exchanges with him in the past so we're not strangers and my initial response didn't come out of the blue (though it may appear as such). But we're all cool here along as boundaries are respected.

More
14 years 3 days ago #19 by Randal
Replied by Randal on topic Re: Nooku Framework
Hello, thanks for answers in topic, but discussion go to wrong direction.

My intentions from the start (look at my posts on the beginning) was like stipsan wrote:

I think the fact that he keeps bumping this thread show a clear and honest interest in the Kunena project.
I think he, and your community deserve an answer, in return for their care for the project.

And also true is that:

Rockstars that let their fans feel like an annoyance doesn't stay popular very long now do they?

But I'm totally far away from thinking about left Kunena. Stay really impressed and thankful for this great job.

So if one of main Kunena developer give me suggestion that he was interested before Nooku but don't know too much about Nooku project news.

Matias wrote:

Ah, something has changed. Last time I looked at it, nothing were public -- or at least I didn't find any links to the source code.

Maybe in the future. For K1.6 changing framework would only cause more delays.

So why I'm rebuked for give few latest news in this topic? Also he gave me opportunity by answer me _ MAYBE _ to continue this topic.

Also sozzled continue this not closed state of mind when he said:

sozzled wrote:
These continuing reminders about a product that has nothing (at present)

In this topic I please for answer YES or NO and WHY. Simply.

Maybe sozzled siting too much on forum and routine make him a little bit blind to see only ONE bolded description in this GENERAL TALK ABOUT KUNENA that informing:

Suggest your feature requests for Kunena and ideas for Kunena.com. Also general Kunena discussion.

If I'm wrong, so, sory you can without my permission change category for FEATURE REQUEST or something. I trying do my best when choosing category.

Can we stay OPEN source OPEN mind to OPEN discussion mr. severdia? Without silly prejudices and not not healthy concurrence?

If it's not time to talk about Kunena 2.0 so please left this topic alone when 1.6 will be ready. I do not want to mess Kunena development but help give my 3 cents. Sometime to do something, sometime to talk about it. Thats all. I gave few links before because I was thing it might be usefully.

One more time - I'm Kunena user - very thankful to Kunena team, and all effort mentioned Matias, sozzled, fxstein and others. But I really don't like that kind of spirit mr. Ron represent. I hope that was not intended.

Because really WE KNOW that "Nooku has nothing to do with Kunena". But this topic was intended to give opportunity developers to keep in mind THERE IS A POSSIBILITY NOW to do this. So if you have something to argue for now mr. severdia please tell us something more than we already know. If it's too early to consider future path so we left this topic and wait for right time.

But do not molested me to keep hand on the pulse. Because main category of this forum still tells me >> Kunena - To Speak! :)

More
14 years 3 days ago #20 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Nooku Framework
Randal: Thank you for your input and for your display of overwhelming enthusiasm for Nooku. Three of the developers of the Kunena project have already provided you with feedback: Matias and severdia have stated that they have no interest in Nooku in the immediate or medium-term (and, by medium-term we can safely assume that to mean the next 12 months); xillibit has intimated his disinterest in this topic.

As I see it, the evidence says "no to Nooku". 12 months from now, who knows? The developers do not have to justify their reasons but they have been generous in discussing this subject with you and with others

We do respect the various opinions and contributions made by the members of this site and we actively seek them out but that does not mean that we always agree with them. You are entitled to express an opinion as we are also entitled to express ours. However, this invitation cuts both ways and does not extend a licence to abuse the goodwill we offer.

I believe we have tolerated this persistence, bordering on obsession, with Nooku for long enough. I feel that I acted quite properly and courteously when I advised you to allow this matter to take its natural course. I would not admit that my earlier response was a rebuke - nor would I say that my response now is any more a rebuke. In fact, I am offended that you would consider my remarks were in the least bit disingenuous. I am only clarifying the situation for you.

You have your answer: Kunena will not use Nooku. Simple - that's what you asked for. Let's leave this discussion alone. Thank you. :)

Time to create page: 0.608 seconds