Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Important K 1.5 latest posts module - no longer supported or maintained. Do NOT use this with K 1.6!

More
14 years 8 months ago #271 by Milutin
Replied by Milutin on topic Re:Latest Posts Module
Hi Jerry

while you wore writing this I have changed the message above since as I got it :)

Thanks man! it is hot therefore I am slow!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #272 by kootjoo
Replied by kootjoo on topic Re:Latest Posts Module
Is there a way to make emoticons appear in this module?

More
14 years 8 months ago #273 by kankaanp
Just downloaded the latest version from JED. Installed in on Joomla 1.5.12 on top of earlier module and it went without error or problem. Now I need to verify that the problem I'm experiencing is not due to this but a bug. So: can anyone verify the dollowing.

If you try to leave tooltip field on the backend empty it bounces back to default (%F > %L). This probably not bug but a useful safety. BUT if you try to set it to anything else, it ceases to be a tooltip but throws the stuff in the module just before whatever you have for a line (mine is %R %S). A bug or a need to do a clean install of the module?

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #274 by jerry
Replied by jerry on topic Re:Kunena latest posts module
kankaanp wrote:

If you try to leave tooltip field on the backend empty it bounces back to default (%F > %L). This probably not bug but a useful safety.

standard behavior of parameters in joomla.

For others: please be patient with new requests, i am working on new kunena discuss plugin, which needs some time. Also I am going on holiday.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by jerry.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #275 by kankaanp
REALLY?! :S I'm sure it's not! I think Joomla parameters usually do exactly what they tell you they do and do it right. So I'll try to explain again:
I've tried to set the values of Item format and Tooltip format so that the Item is just the short subject with the unread indicator before it (%R %S) and the tooltip format so that it has rest of the information: forum, the whole subject, name of the poster and date, as I understand the admin side tooltips right this should be accomplished by setting the tooltip format to %F > %L %D %N for instance. If I fo this I get screwed display of the module with the date and name before the short subject with "> separating them. (This surely is not what it is meant to do!) If I set the tooltip to %F > %L it works fine but a few other combinations I've tried don't work either. The odd thing is, the erraneous results seems to be same everytime. (Of this I'm not completely sure...) So are you telling me, that the tooltip cannot actually be used to hold all the parameters that are listed in the admin side tooltip - and if so, why the hell are they there?!
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by kankaanp. Reason: typos

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #276 by jerry
kankaanp wrote:

REALLY?! :S I'm sure it's not! I think Joomla parameters usually do exactly what they tell you they do and do it right. So I'll try to explain again:
I've tried to set the values of Item format and Tooltip format so that the Item is just the short subject with the unread indicator before it (%R %S) and the tooltip format so that it has rest of the information: forum, the whole subject, name of the poster and date, as I understand the admin side tooltips right this should be accomplished by setting the tooltip format to %F > %L %D %N for instance. If I fo this I get screwed display of the module with the date and name before the short subject with "> separating them. (This surely is not what it is meant to do!) If I set the tooltip to %F > %L it works fine but a few other combinations I've tried don't work either. The odd thing is, the erraneous results seems to be same everytime. (Of this I'm not completely sure...) So are you telling me, that the tooltip cannot actually be used to hold all the parameters that are listed in the admin side tooltip - and if so, why the hell are they there?!

OK, that's really strange, I will do some testing. I can confirm it %N %D can't be used as tooltip. Will be resolved in new version.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by jerry.

More
14 years 8 months ago #277 by jerry
kankaanp wrote:

If you try to leave tooltip field on the backend empty it bounces back to default (%F > %L). This probably not bug but a useful safety. BUT if you try to set it to anything else, it ceases to be a tooltip but throws the stuff in the module just before whatever you have for a line (mine is %R %S). A bug or a need to do a clean install of the module?

Tried, it works for me. (%R %S as tooltip).
Version 1.0.44.

More
14 years 8 months ago #278 by jerry
version 1.0.45 - fixed %N %D in tooltip format

More
14 years 8 months ago #279 by jerry
kankaanp wrote:

Should be resolved in version 1.0.45.

More
14 years 8 months ago #280 by Grubbe
Hi.

I have installed the Latest post module and it works fine!
However, I can only assign it to the menu.
On my frontpage I have to columns: My site . Is it possible to assign the latest posts module to the left column? Maybe I could put a script in the article that will load the module and then show it in the article?

Best regards, Lasse.

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds