Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Important K 1.5 latest posts module - no longer supported or maintained. Do NOT use this with K 1.6!

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #241 by barthle
Hello,

There is a conflict between Mosetstree Latest module and Kunena Latest Modules.

It is not possible to display two modules at the same page.

The developer of Mosetstree suggested such a change in class.kunena.php

the thread in mosets forum can be found here:

forum.mosets.com/showthread.php?p=42869&posted=1#post42869

I wouldn't bring this to your attention if it was related with the Kunena Latest module. It is my understanding that a change is needed in Kunena Core in order to eliminate this conflict.

The solution suggested is not a complete solution, because it is still not possible to display "kunena latest" inside a tabbed module, when mosetstree listing module is published as well.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by barthle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #242 by WinuxFF
Jerry, thanks for great module, but i have an issue

Im using it in conjuction with JomSocial 1.2.202 where i made a custom module position by hacking the frontpage of JS and have loaded your module on that position.
With Kunena 1.0.10 everything works fine, but after an upgrade to 1.5.3 it breaks my jomsocial frontpage like language file is corrupted.
Half of the page have no translation at all.

If i disable module everything works again
Any suggestions where in code i should look?

More
14 years 9 months ago #243 by itgl72
I'm using 1.0.40 due to a small hack made to it so the JACLPLUS permissions program works with Kunena 1.0.10 which also has been slightly modifued to work with the JACLPLUS permissions program.

All worked well on a previous test install.

I recently DUMPED the latest messages from KUNENA via phpmyadmin to this new install Im working on to get all the latest posts. Done this before and all messages are there.

I am noticing now however that not all messages are being shown in the latest posts modole but if I click on the link at the bottom of the latest post module to show all new posts it shows the messages fine.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling both the edited 1.0.40 and the original 1.0.40 so I dont believe its anything to do with the hacked version.

This all worked FINE before I did the move of all kunena DB to the new kunena DB.

May have something to do with a post I have here as well: ? ago .

More
14 years 9 months ago #244 by woonydanny
Does this still happen? Hopefully the Kunena devs can have a look at this

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
14 years 9 months ago #245 by jerry
peetree21 wrote:

Does this still happen? Hopefully the Kunena devs can have a look at this

Actually Kunena Latest Module is still 3rd party module. If devs fInd some issues, which should be patched in module (not in underlying Kunena component), please contact me.

More
14 years 9 months ago #246 by jerry
Replied by jerry on topic Re:Kunena latest posts module
WinuxFF wrote:

Jerry, thanks for great module, but i have an issue

Im using it in conjuction with JomSocial 1.2.202 where i made a custom module position by hacking the frontpage of JS and have loaded your module on that position.
With Kunena 1.0.10 everything works fine, but after an upgrade to 1.5.3 it breaks my jomsocial frontpage like language file is corrupted.
Half of the page have no translation at all.

If i disable module everything works again
Any suggestions where in code i should look?

We know about issues with JomSocial. These issues are in underlying Kunena component. Fixed in 1.5 svn, so these should be gone when Kunena 1.5.4 would be released.

More
14 years 9 months ago #247 by jerry
itgl72 wrote:

I'm using 1.0.40 due to a small hack made to it so the JACLPLUS permissions program works with Kunena 1.0.10 which also has been slightly modifued to work with the JACLPLUS permissions program.

All worked well on a previous test install.

I recently DUMPED the latest messages from KUNENA via phpmyadmin to this new install Im working on to get all the latest posts. Done this before and all messages are there.

I am noticing now however that not all messages are being shown in the latest posts modole but if I click on the link at the bottom of the latest post module to show all new posts it shows the messages fine.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling both the edited 1.0.40 and the original 1.0.40 so I dont believe its anything to do with the hacked version.

This all worked FINE before I did the move of all kunena DB to the new kunena DB.

May have something to do with a post I have here as well: ? ago .

Actually I don't know how you patched Kunena and my module, so it's hard to tell anything on this..

More
14 years 9 months ago #248 by barthle
Hi Guys,

Yes the problem still persists.

The developer of Mosetstree has found a "partial" solution for it by changing some lines in class.kunena.php which is a Kunena core file as is shown in the link that I have given. So some change may be required in the kunena as well.

Something in Kunena components prevents Kunena Latest module to be displayed inside a Tab when Mosetstree Latest module is active on the same page or vice versa.

These two module were working properly together. Either new native version of Mosetstree 2.1 or native version of Kunena 1.3.5 has corrupted something.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #249 by Andreaz
Hey,
I really love your module, but I have some problems with it. When Kunena Latest is enabled and I try to use Slick RSS or Thick RSS modules my website goes blank. This only happens in pages with articles or in articles category/section pages. In forum or gallery both Kunena latest and RSS modules work without breaking the page...
Oh and it only happens if Kunena Latest module is tabbed. I am using Dinamod Tab Modules.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Andreaz.

More
14 years 9 months ago #250 by jerry
Andreaz wrote:

Hey,
I really love your module, but I have some problems with it. When Kunena Latest is enabled and I try to use Slick RSS or Thick RSS modules my website goes blank. This only happens in pages with articles or in articles category/section pages. In forum or gallery both Kunena latest and RSS modules work without breaking the page...
Oh and it only happens if Kunena Latest module is tabbed. I am using Dinamod Tab Modules.

Please wait for Kunena 1.5.4 which patches some JQuery errors.

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds