Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Important K 1.5 latest posts module - no longer supported or maintained. Do NOT use this with K 1.6!

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #121 by propedeutique
Hi,
First thanks for your module which works perfectly.
I have only one issue, related to css styling.
I would like to insert the "readon" class (standard class in joomla template.css) in the module but I don't know how to add this class in your code!
"readon" class should be used to display "Read more" text.
Thanks for your help.
Bye
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by propedeutique.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #122 by mikecsvu
I installed this on my site which is getting ready for launch but have found that it conflicts with Perfect Designs PD_Jsthumbs module.

If the Kunena latest module is on a page, the send message option in the pd_jsthumbs highslide option won't work and if you have the standard jomsocial pop up box enabled instead of the highslide popup, that doesn't work at all. Disable the kunena latest module and the both types of popups work correctly.

I did follow the link to the support site via extensions.joomla.org but it wasn't in English and I didn't know what to do there.

Anyone know how I can contact the writer of the module, It's brilliant but so is pd_jsthumbs and I desperately want to be able to use both.

thanks for any advice or direction offered.
mike

More
15 years 1 month ago #123 by grumblemarc
Looks like there are 2 different modules. Which one are you using? I ask because you posted this exact same thing in another thread prior to checking.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #124 by mikecsvu
grumblemarc wrote:

Looks like there are 2 different modules. Which one are you using? I ask because you posted this exact same thing in another thread prior to checking.

I thought there was only one, sorry. Have justr checked and it's mod_kunenalatest and the description text reads
<h3>Kunena latest module</h3> <p>Highly inspired by Rowan Seymour JBLatest, modified versions by fuQaHa, JoniJM, MetZ. Supports nearly all functionality of all these versions.</p> <p>Rewritten in nearly at all places; to support more features in new Joomla 1.5 and Kunena 1.0.6.</p> <p>Requirements: Kunena 1.0.6 (which requires MySQL 5.0!)</p> <p>Highlights:</p> <ul> <li>Joomla 1.5 design, templates, language file</li> <li>Joomla module class suffix and caching</li> <li>Supports 1 or 2 column layout; list or table style</li> <li>Supports multiple instances on page</li> <li>Item, tooltip, date/time format (with avatar, text message, number of replies support, thread hits)</li> <li>New post indicator support</li> <li>Links to profiles (Kunena, JomSocial, Community Builder, Clexus PM)</li> <li>Links to avatars (Kunena, JomSocial, Community Builder, Clexus PM)</li> <li>Include forums with specific access levels</li> <li>Include posts from specific categories, including the active category</li> <li>Show all, only first or only last posts from each thread</li> <li>Correct link to posts (changed in 1.0.5, so all older modules should be updated)</li> <li>SEF urls</li> <li>Languages: en, fr (by nktine, lavsteph), tr (by ugur), de (by Lintzy), cz (by Fenris)</li> </ul>

Does that help?

More
15 years 1 month ago #125 by grumblemarc
Nope. Go to the place you downloaded it from and contact the author. Or go to the first post in each thread and contact the person that supplied the link.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #126 by jerry
Replied by jerry on topic Re:Kunena latest posts module
mikecsvu wrote:

I did follow the link to the support site via extensions.joomla.org but it wasn't in English and I didn't know what to do there.

So it wasn't this one extension. Our support forum is right now and also link from extensions.joomla.org is here.

But this one helps me lot to understand some reported issues.
Be sure that you installed 1.0.x version, not the version 0.8 of JoniJnm!
Please with reporting issues be so kind and tell us versions of affected extensions.

Actually I am little-bit busy these days, but I am preparing new features and include suggested translations, tabular style which will be easy to edit and more.
I will try to do my best this weekend. But these days I have big issues with other projects, which are important for me and for community around my friends. So please, be patient.
At least I will try to solve easiest things this weekend.

More
15 years 1 month ago #127 by VReyes
VReyes wrote:

Hello,

thanks for the great module you provided but i need help.

i use RT terran tribune dark template.

i have the Jmod_login in the right but whenever i use the KMod_Latest module it kills the font color of my mod_login module. i have attached a image so you can better understand what i mean. when i disable the mod_latest module it is ok.

its the username, remember me and pw it turns to dark.

any help please,

thanks

VR

any help please?

thank you

More
15 years 1 month ago #128 by mikecsvu
jerry wrote:

mikecsvu wrote:

So it wasn't this one extension. Our support forum is right now and also link from extensions.joomla.org is here.

But this one helps me lot to understand some reported issues.
Be sure that you installed 1.0.x version, not the version 0.8 of JoniJnm!
Please with reporting issues be so kind and tell us versions of affected extensions.

Actually I am little-bit busy these days, but I am preparing new features and include suggested translations, tabular style which will be easy to edit and more.
I will try to do my best this weekend. But these days I have big issues with other projects, which are important for me and for community around my friends. So please, be patient.

At least I will try to solve easiest things this weekend.

LOL, I still don't know which one I've got! I think it is JoniJnm's but I thought it was this one because I had added the new style temnplate that someone had posted in this thread to it. Anyway, I'll download yours and test it too and report back later on.
Thanks for the assistance.
Mike

More
15 years 1 month ago #129 by mikecsvu
Okay, it's definitely your module that I have Jerry. I have just checked and JonJnm's is named differently. I'll test his out later today but I do hope you can find some time to take a look at the problem as yours is superb.

If you need to take a look at my site let me know and I'll pm a log in and pw to you as it's not online to the public yet.

Best regards
Mike

More
15 years 1 month ago #130 by jerry
Replied by jerry on topic Re:Kunena latest posts module
mikecsvu wrote:

Okay, it's definitely your module that I have Jerry. I have just checked and JonJnm's is named differently. I'll test his out later today but I do hope you can find some time to take a look at the problem as yours is superb.

If you need to take a look at my site let me know and I'll pm a log in and pw to you as it's not online to the public yet.

Best regards
Mike

Dear Mike,
PM me it. I will keep your site in secret.

Best regards,
Jerry

Time to create page: 0.604 seconds