Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Birthday Modul

More
13 years 8 months ago #41 by svanschu
Replied by svanschu on topic Re: Birthday Modul
Code:
$query = " FROM #__comprofiler LIKE '{$cb}'";

This query is truly wrong and not from my files.

What Version of Kunena/CB and the Modul you are using?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #42 by mervyn
Replied by mervyn on topic Re: Birthday Modul
Yeah, I was sloppy with crtl+z to return to your original code for pasting it here. It's been
Code:
$query = "SHOW COLUMNS FROM #__comprofiler LIKE {$cb}";
if I remember correctly. Sorry for the faulty paste.

Using the usual debugging methods I found out that $cbf is always empty with that query. Iirc SHOW COLUMNS supports the LIKE statement, but even using '{$cb}' wouldn't help. $cb is passed on correctly, $query is a seemingly okay string, but it wouldnt produce any results whatsoever. And I dont know why. Maybe you should just forget about the whole SHOW COLUMNS part and replace it with a query that you can actually use later on - mySQL will return an error message if the field's name is not valid and you could go with the warning from there.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by mervyn.

More
13 years 8 months ago #43 by svanschu
Ok the query should look like this
Code:
$query = "SHOW COLUMNS FROM #__comprofiler LIKE '{$cb}'";
and it works on 2 sites for me. The only point I can give you is, that you set up the wrong birthday field in the modul. Did you insert the name of your CB birthday field correctly in the module backend?

Btw. pls always post what versions you are using fron Kunena/CB and the module.

More
13 years 8 months ago #44 by mervyn
Replied by mervyn on topic Re: Birthday Modul
I am using 1.6.3 and it doesn't work with the above statement. It does work if I pass/cheat on your test but with the above mentioned errors like people had birthday yesterday are announced for tomorrow and the wrong order of output.

As for my system:
Apache/2.2.9
PHP Version 5.2.6-1
mySQL/mySQLi 5.0.51a
Joomla 1.5.20
CB 1.2.3
Kunena 1.6.0-RC1

Maybe it helps.

More
13 years 8 months ago #45 by svanschu

iLucato wrote: Hey LDA, thanks for sharing this module!
A suggestion for a new module:

You would create a module to show the latest topics posted in Kunena or also a module to allow to put a link with the filter results from a word, so I would just show post with certain criteria/words.
I think that's all for a while. Well, just a suggestion. ;0)

Cheers.

Look here www.kunena.com/playground/modules

More
13 years 8 months ago #46 by svanschu

mervyn wrote:
Using the usual debugging methods I found out that $cbf is always empty with that query. Iirc SHOW COLUMNS supports the LIKE statement, but even using '{$cb}' wouldn't help. $cb is passed on correctly, $query is a seemingly okay string, but it wouldnt produce any results whatsoever. And I dont know why. Maybe you should just forget about the whole SHOW COLUMNS part and replace it with a query that you can actually use later on - mySQL will return an error message if the field's name is not valid and you could go with the warning from there.

When $cbf is alsways empty then he don't find your CB field you defined in the modul configuration. I will test a bit around as soon as I have time.

More
13 years 8 months ago #47 by iLucato
Replied by iLucato on topic Re: Birthday Modul

LDA wrote:

iLucato wrote: Hey LDA, thanks for sharing this module!
A suggestion for a new module:

You would create a module to show the latest topics posted in Kunena or also a module to allow to put a link with the filter results from a word, so I would just show post with certain criteria/words.
I think that's all for a while. Well, just a suggestion. ;0)

Cheers.

Look here www.kunena.com/playground/modules

Thanks LDA, I just found it yesterday. Anyway, thanks for the tip. ;0)

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br

More
13 years 7 months ago #48 by aeyeight
Replied by aeyeight on topic Re: Birthday Modul
Dear sir,

Need your advise, after enable module I got error message as below.

Warning: require_once(public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/api.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/modules/mod_sw_kbirthday/helper.php on line 15

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/api.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /public_html/modules/mod_sw_kbirthday/helper.php on line 15

how can I do for the next?

Thank you very much.
Br,
Aey

More
13 years 7 months ago #49 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Birthday Modul
Hello,

What kunena version do you using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 7 months ago #50 by aeyeight
Replied by aeyeight on topic Re: Birthday Modul

xillibit wrote: Hello,

What kunena version do you using ?

Sorry,
Joomla 1.5.20 and Kunena is 1.5.12

Thank you very much.
Aey

Time to create page: 0.595 seconds