Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Birthday Modul

More
13 years 8 months ago #31 by svanschu
Replied by svanschu on topic Re:Birthday Modul
Ok thx that's a real bug :) Stay tuned ^^

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #32 by @quila
Replied by @quila on topic Re:Birthday Modul
No hurry, when you have time ;)

I just have time to test it.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #33 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Re: Birthday Modul
I have found a little problem. If there is already an old birthday thread, no new birthday thread would be created. Only then, if the old thread was completely deleted. What is after one year, when these will be archived?
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by rich. Reason: I thougt my grammar was bad.

More
13 years 8 months ago #34 by svanschu
Replied by svanschu on topic Re: Birthday Modul
New Version 1.6.3
Code:
^ string output from str_replace to sprintf # using the right time writing on the database without offset # in leapyear calculation, not showing birthday when it goes over the year end # make new thread when a new year begins

I'm sorry but language files have to be updated with new placeholders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: @quila

More
13 years 8 months ago #35 by mervyn
Replied by mervyn on topic Re: Birthday Modul
No matter what I am trying, I will just receive the following alert:
"Es ist kein oder ein falsches CB Geburtstagsfeld angegeben"

I triple-checked everything and find no solution. I created a custom field called cb_birthday, set it to "date" and published it. Clueless by now :/

More
13 years 8 months ago #36 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Re: Birthday Modul
Hello mervyn,

you must set in the "Kunena Control Panel > Forum Configuration > Integration > Profiles and User List > Auto Dedect"
No "CommunityBuilder", then it works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mervyn

More
13 years 8 months ago #37 by mervyn
Thank you! Now the error message is gone but there are still no birthdays displayed.
I installed another modul, mod_birthdays for CB, and it works just fine with the same field. But: I'd rather use the Kunena module since I'd love to have a topic for each birthday. What could be another error I made configuring Kunena?

More
13 years 8 months ago #38 by svanschu
Replied by svanschu on topic Re: Birthday Modul
Hi, just came back from holiday, I will look into it. Thank you for the report.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #39 by iLucato
Replied by iLucato on topic Re: Birthday Modul
Hey LDA, thanks for sharing this module!

Here are some feedback:

1st, here goes attached the translation for Brazilian Portuguese (Portuguese-BR - pt-BR)

File Attachment:

File Name: pt-BR.mod_...hday.zip
File Size:1 KB

2nd, here are some comments:
- In the .ini file, we don't get to translate the "Kunena Birthdaybot" text;
- In the .ini file, we don't get to translate the "default" in the template dropdown list;
- At the reference time, in English, the tiptool is showing "SW_KBIRTHDAY_TIMEFROM_DESC" instead of the correct description;
- I'm not native with English too, but I think there is a misspelling at "Fill in the name off", it should be "of" instead "off";
- on the same line there is another grammar error "It have to begin", it should be "It has" (When using 3rd person the verb to be is He/She/It HAS and I/You/They HAVE).
- Another misspelling at "choose theire timezone", it should be "their" instead of "theire".

A suggestion for a new module:

You would create a module to show the latest topics posted in Kunena or also a module to allow to put a link with the filter results from a word, so I would just show post with certain criteria/words.
I think that's all for a while. Well, just a suggestion. ;0)

Cheers.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by iLucato.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #40 by mervyn
Okay, I located the error that caused the warning:
Code:
...}elseif($k_config->integration_profile === 'communitybuilder'){ if(!empty($cbfield)){ $cb = $db->getEscaped($cbfield); $query = " FROM #__comprofiler LIKE '{$cb}'"; $db->setQuery($query,0,1); $cbf = $db->query(); if(empty($cbf)){ JError::raiseWarning('',JText::_('SW_KBIRTHDAY_NOCBFIELD')); return NULL; } }else{...

Somehow your $query is faulty, it produces no result.
Since this passage is just a test if any data is in $cb, I changed it to
Code:
$query = "SELECT * FROM #__comprofiler";
It is too long ago that I used to write PHP code so I cant see where the error is right now. But, with my "fix", the module starts producing results.
New Problem: If someone had its birthday yesterday, the module lists the user as "has birthday in one day".
Also the results are not in the right order - the output is listed in the same order as found in the database.

Everything else seems to work fine now.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by mervyn.

Time to create page: 0.627 seconds