Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question which CSS file for editing background colour

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #31 by oates
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : yoo_corona | author: YOOtheme | version: 5.5.13 | creationdate: January 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1 | Kunena Login 1.7.1

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by oates.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #32 by sozzled
In your particular case, you should add the extra CSS declaratives to the end of the file ../templates/yt_zeitgeist/css/general.css
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 2 months ago #33 by CheechDogg
oates? The image you showed pointing with 2 arrows pointed at 2 different areas than what you are talking about right now, no?

If you added the code I gave you it "will" change the background to the 2 areas you pointed to in that attached image. Did it not work?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #34 by oates
Hi cheech

I'm working on changing this:

The Blue, I colour-picked it, it is #5388B4 and then I went through every kunena CSS file with Coda (for MAC) and changed this colour. After removing every instance. I couldn't find the way to change the above blue in the image. Sozzled mentioned it needs to be done by adding a few lines to a CSS file (specific to my site). I was sure it would be something dictated by kunena since it is in the forum but couldn't find it in the CSS.

So that's where I'm at. Right now, Sozzled is helping me to find the right CSS file to add those lines to.
More
12 years 2 months ago #35 by CheechDogg
If you are trying to change the color of that blue border go to the back end of joomla in your Kunena Template Manager and change the color for "Menu Border Color"

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 2 months ago #36 by sozzled
The basic problem that you have, oates, is trying to adapt a K 1.5 template to make it look something like K 1.7. Looking at the source code, your K 1.7 template is ../components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/kunena.forum.css.

In my humble opinion, this is not a good strategy. I think that a better strategy is to use the Blue Eagle template as the basis of your forum and work from that basis instead of working from an outdated template (designed for an earlier version of Kunena) that we do not support.
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #37 by oates
Actually I'm using Blue Eagle, sticking with the philosophy of Kunena moving forward. I read the post and contributed to it on template (search dorona brown). What I'm trying to do is use Blue Eagle but simply change the colour scheme to a small degree. Blue doesn't work with my site design. I know that updates to the template will wipe that out but it wouldn't be much to change.

What do say Sozzled? Still bad idea?

Cheech - thanks for that, that fixed the blue line, all that's left is the blue box on the far right which toggles the collapsable menu, I thought that might be an image but the image behind it is: components/com_kunena/template/default/images/shrink.gif which isn't blue.

I'm almost home lads!

Firebug:
<span class="ktoggler fltrt">
<a class="ktoggler open" rel="kprofilebox" title="Expand"></a>
More
12 years 2 months ago #38 by CheechDogg
Correct, if you go to my forums you will see that I was able to turn that black, but I forgot what I did to do so. I am looking right now, when I find it I will post it here for you my Friend.

www.cagclan.com/cag-forums/index

Check out how I have it.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 2 months ago #39 by sozzled
There is a problem with the K 1.7.1 configuration report generator: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-1.6/issues/233

The report generator shows your forum is located at If we knew exactly what site you are trying to fix, we would know better how to help. Evidently you are working on a site as a folder of your domain.

You need to add these lines to the end of your Joomla site template CSS:
Code:
#Kunena #ktop span.ktoggler { background-color: #730000; }
I think you could have solved this one yourself with Firebug .
More
12 years 2 months ago #40 by CheechDogg
sozzled that didn't work for me when I tried it, I saw that with firebug months ago and it did not work. I had to edit another file, I want to say it was one of the skinner files but I don't remember.

Let us know if it works for you oates.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds