Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Double Login Issue

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by freedomcoach
Hi everyone:

I've been having a persistent problem with Kunena 1.6. It seems that periodically it is requiring a second login after a user has or ready logged in to the front end of the website. I've already set my “discussion forum” menu item to public status and I've even set my forum to be open to unregistered users. In my case, this is safe because an unregistered user will not be able to access the forum since the actual menu does not appear until a person is logged in.

Regardless of the above, users are still being asked to login a second time after clicking on the menu item. Strangely, when I do a refresh of the browser at this second login page, I am sometimes brought back to the homepage and logged out. It's as if Kunena is logging me out instead of allowing me into the forum. Very strange.

This pattern is not consistent and only happens intermittently. Sometimes it allows me to go right through to the form when clicking on the menu and at other times it presents a second login. This problem is also not browser specific. It has shown up on mac safari, mac firefox, Windows IE and Windows Firefox.

I've attempted to resolve this with Michael Russell (sozzled) but we have not been able to figure it out. I suspect it is a bug in 1.6 0 which I'm hoping will be fixed with the upcoming release of 1.6.1. Of course, I'd be happy to learn that I am incorrect and that there is a fix. My configuration is below. All help is appreciated.

Sincerely,
Howard

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.0)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

the
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by freedomcoach
Replied by freedomcoach on topic Double Login Issue
Hi everyone:

I'm happy to report that the double login issue has been resolved thanks to the help of Michael Russell and Matt PS here, one of the Kunena developers. The key was installing version 1.6.1 which resolved the issue between Kunena and community builder. The support here is absolutely outstanding and I deeply appreciate the willingness everybody has to help members of the community. I'm also very excited about the continued development of Kunena.

Sincerely,
Howard
More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by freedomcoach
Replied by freedomcoach on topic Re: Double Login Issue
Hi Everyone:

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon. There are still anomalies with this issue. Sometimes I still get a page telling me I'm not logged in when I am. There still appears to still be some conflict between being logged in via CB and logged in with Kunena. However, it is not consistent. Most of the time, things work as they should and just occasionally, they don't. All suggestions appreciated.

Sincerely,
Howard
More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by haithun
Replied by haithun on topic Re: Double Login Issue
Well I am using CB and Kunena too but I never had this problem. Are you using both login functions? I use the Joomla login function which is obviously independent and therefore everything works fine :).
More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by freedomcoach
I'm using only CB login. It offers several advantages over the vanilla joomla login.

Sincerely,
Howard
More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by haithun
Replied by haithun on topic Re: Double Login Issue
What do you mean with only use the CB login? I am using also the CB module and the CB components login but this is logging in the user in joomla login as well. Therefore I marked the vanilla joomla login in Kunena and its working.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #7 by freedomcoach
I meant that I was using the CB Login module. I changed the login setting on the Kunena integration page to Joomla and so far it is working okay. However, the problem was intermittent so I'll need more time to declare that it is resolved.

Issue still remaining:
When clicking on the Kunena logout button, I'm still being taken to a guest login page saying "their are no topics in this category". Why is this happening? How can I get Kunena to simply direct the user back to the site home page?

Final Question:
How do I change the header message at the top of the forum that says "Welcome to Kunena 1.6"?

Howard
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by freedomcoach.
More
13 years 5 months ago #8 by emanuelr
Replied by emanuelr on topic Re: Double Login Issue
I'm straggling with the double login issue since 1.6.0 became stable(?). Tried it with clean 1.5.20 joomla installation, no other extension installed. Same problem (logging in with joomla's core login module, then first entrance to the forum works fine, but when the user dives in to any of the topics - boom. He finds himself out, as a guest again. After the 2nd login - everything is stable and fine).

Clearly it is something with the sessions and/or cookies, but I'm not sure what.

What solved my problem (hopefully it didn't open a new front...) is: go to Joomla's global configuration > System tab. Then change the Session Handler (in the Session settings, at the bottom right), to 'None'.
So far, it looks fine. But I'm not sure how this change influence other aspects of joomla's functionality...

By the way, there was a recommendation somewhere to set the Session Lifetime of both Joomla and Kunena to be the same, but at least in my case it didn't help. Only what I mentioned before.
More
13 years 5 months ago #9 by freedomcoach
Hi emanuelr

Thanks for your post. I decided to try your idea and set session handler to none. We'll see what happens. 1.6.1 is apparently imminent and hopefully it will help resolve this issue although I'm running a near final development version of 1.6.1 now and the problem is still persisting. Sooner or later it will get figured out.

Howard
More
13 years 5 months ago #10 by freedomcoach
emanuelr

Still have the double login issue. It is not all the time, only occasional but still happens.

Howard
Time to create page: 0.596 seconds