Kunena 5.1.10 Released - Security release (03 Mar 2019)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.10 [K 5.1.10] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1. This is a security release.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged [Merged topic] An invalid post ID was requested

• sozzled
  • Visitor
7 years 2 days ago #31 by sozzled
G'day, totalcampingireland, and welcome to Kunena.

The reason that you get "An invalid post ID was requested" is explained in An invalid post ID was requested but the cause is anyone's guess at this moment. Please read the posting guide printed at the top of this page, provide us with the information that's missing from your original posting, and let's see what we can do to help you better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 day ago #32 by totalcampingireland
sorry should have had a look at that info first anyway here is the configuration report info:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Joomla default template details : cloudy | author: CloudAccess.net | version: 1.0.7 | creationdate: 27 April 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1

Third-party SEF components: ARTIO JoomSEF: The file doesn't exist sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

when i logged into the forum as administrator i still got the same error message as before & wasnt given the option to enable debug mode see attached file

hope this helps
Attachments:

• sozzled
  • Visitor
7 years 1 day ago #33 by sozzled
Thank you for your configuration report. From what you've written - and that dozens of people have reported all kinds of problems when they're used Artio JoomSEF - I suggest that you try to uninstalling Artio JoomSEF and make sure that you have properly setup Joomla Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) . If you find that uninstalling Artio JoomSEF works for you (and you've properly setup Joomla SEO) then you need to write to the developers of Artio JoomSEF and ask them what you and they need to do next.

I do not understand how you weren't "given the option to enable debug mode". ;) Enabling Kunena debug mode is done in the Forum Configuration facility in the backend.

More
7 years 16 hours ago #34 by totalcampingireland
Hi Sozzled,

thanks for the reply & yes that bloody Artio Joom SEF did cause the problem, turning off its Tooltip JoomSEF Enabled? also solved another problem which has beed wrecking my head for the last 2 weeks

• sozzled
  • Visitor
7 years 14 hours ago - 7 years 14 hours ago #35 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

I'm pleased to hear that another case involving one of these third-party, so-called "improved" SEF/SEO minefields has been successfully handled.
Last edit: 7 years 14 hours ago by sozzled.

More
6 years 11 months ago #36 by HortiTrends
Hi there, I am getting this message when logging into the Kunena forum. An invalid post ID was requested.
Had a look at a few posts, but couldn't figure the issue out.
Thanks

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : ja_purity | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: 12/26/07

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.0.4

Third-party SEF components: None

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #37 by brendonhatcher
Hi

I have read every post I can find on this error message.
My background is slightly different, so hopefully someone can help me.

1. Installed Kunena 1.7.2 on a Joomla 1.5.26 site
2. Installed Kunena Forum Importer and used it to pull across the Agora forum posts
3. Used JUpgrade to migrate the whole site to Joomla 2.5.6

Posts show up on site
If I hover over the topic, the full text of the first message appears
If I click on the topic to load the thread, I get "An invalid post ID was requested"
If I post a new message, it works perfectly

I am assuming that the database has gone out of sync, but I need some pointers for repairing it.

Any input greatly appreciated.

I should also mention that if I upgrade to Kunena 2.0.1 on Joomla 2.5.6, then all the historic posts vanish completely.

Thanks
Brendon

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : rhuk_milkyway_ext_16 | author: Andy Miller | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 11/20/06

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by brendonhatcher.

More
6 years 8 months ago #38 by lblazquez
Hi, I had the same problem while migrating from Agora version: 3.0.155 to Kunena version: 1.7.2.

I found that the thread id on the jos_kunena_table must be equal to the first message id in the thread and the parent id must correspond with some of the messages in its thread. The forum importer tool sets the parent and thread ids to different values, thats why when you request a message the kunena forum cannot find a message and exits with the error message.

I'm in a hurry so .. I've executed a pair of SQL sentences that fixed the thread id and set the parent id to the first message id in the thread (the one with parent id = 0).

It worked for me, maybe in your system could not work ... but it could give you a clue to fix the migration problem.

update jos_kunena_messages child, jos_kunena_messages dad 
  set child.parent = dad.id, child.thread = dad.id
  where child.thread = dad.thread and dad.parent = 0 and child.parent <> 0;

update jos_kunena_messages j set j.thread = j.id where j.parent = 0;

Regards

Luciano

• sozzled
  • Visitor
6 years 8 months ago #39 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

More
6 years 7 months ago #40 by mickisan_2003

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : j51_doctrine | author: Joomla 51 | version: 1.0 | creationdate: November 2011

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Would you please help me with my site? I can't reply to one register user which is tkeppler, and it is sending me the error -an invalid post ID was requested-. I read all the post previous to this one, and I followed the Joomla SEF documentation. It did not fix the issue.

Here is the site link

bludovedemo.com/safari/

Thanks so much. Any help will be appreaciated

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds